Ije

Medical and Vaccination

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay, today is Tuesday, September 25th, 2012.

My husband went for his medical this morning. He said he arrived about 8:30 and there was a line of people waiting. When it was his turn to be waited on, he was told to submit a copy of his biographic page, passport photo's and show his passport. They then instructed him to go to the bank and pay =N= 12,000. He said the bank was not very far from the facility and it did not take long inside the pay the fee. When he came back Children's, he submitted his receipt/printout (whatever the bank gave him) and he was told to have a seat until called.

When they first called him back they drew blood, took his blood pressure and other vitals. (His blood pressure was a little high, but the nurse told him it could have been due to anxiety or anticipation of the exam, it happens). He had a seat again.

Next, he was called for his chest x-ray then asked to be seated again. He said it was quite a wait, but was called again to pay the =N= 9,000. Again, asked to have a seat.

Eventually they called him upstairs where the doctor asked him a broad range of questions then examined him. After the examination, he received his vaccinations. The doctor told Divine he would need to see him again on Thursday for an EKG. He had to pay an additional =N= 10,000 for that appointment before he left Children's. So his second appointment is on Thursday at 3pm.

I don't think they have found anything wrong, I just believe they are checking him out further because he is in his 40's and its just mandatory for his age range. He paid those fees to day and the set him up an appointment for 3pm (yes, a scheduled appointment). If all is well with the EKG (and I believe it will be) he will receive his packet at or after 4pm the same day.

The entire exam took about 6 - 1/2 hours.

He said the people were extremely nice and very accommodating during his visit. One of the nurses asked him if he was positively sure he loved his wife and chatted with him. He said she is also married to a US Citizen and her husband plans to begin petitioning for her this month. So lets all pray for that family as well.

WOW thanks for the update. So was the N10,000 additional for his upcoming appointment? Seems the going cost is N12,000 and N9,000. BUt I guess make sure hubby has extra huh. And Childrens seems like the spot.

And Dana I am sorry had to LOL :) . But I am sure becaiuse his bllod pressure was high and like you said the age they do the EKG thing.

You know girl that man is built Ford tough. hehe the HULK.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband went for his medical this morning. He said he arrived about 8:30 and there was a line of people waiting. When it was his turn to be waited on, he was told to submit a copy of his biographic page, passport photo's and show his passport. They then instructed him to go to the bank and pay =N= 12,000. He said the bank was not very far from the facility and it did not take long inside the pay the fee. When he came back Children's, he submitted his receipt/printout (whatever the bank gave him) and he was told to have a seat until called.

When they first called him back they drew blood, took his blood pressure and other vitals. (His blood pressure was a little high, but the nurse told him it could have been due to anxiety or anticipation of the exam, it happens). He had a seat again.

Next, he was called for his chest x-ray then asked to be seated again. He said it was quite a wait, but was called again to pay the =N= 9,000. Again, asked to have a seat.

Eventually they called him upstairs where the doctor asked him a broad range of questions then examined him. After the examination, he received his vaccinations. The doctor told Divine he would need to see him again on Thursday for an EKG. He had to pay an additional =N= 10,000 for that appointment before he left Children's. So his second appointment is on Thursday at 3pm.

I don't think they have found anything wrong, I just believe they are checking him out further because he is in his 40's and its just mandatory for his age range. He paid those fees to day and the set him up an appointment for 3pm (yes, a scheduled appointment). If all is well with the EKG (and I believe it will be) he will receive his packet at or after 4pm the same day.

He said the people were extremely nice and very accommodating during his visit. One of the nurses asked him if he was positively sure he loved his wife and chatted with him. He said she is also married to a US Citizen and her husband plans to begin petitioning for her this month. So lets all pray for that family as well.

Thanks for the update Dana very detailed good.gifgood.gif

Sorry about the HBP, am sure he will be fine

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

WOW thanks for the update. So was the N10,000 additional for his upcoming appointment? Seems the going cost is N12,000 and N9,000. BUt I guess make sure hubby has extra huh. And Childrens seems like the spot.

And Dana I am sorry had to LOL :) . But I am sure becaiuse his bllod pressure was high and like you said the age they do the EKG thing.

You know girl that man is built Ford tough. hehe the HULK.

I told him they had to do the EKG because they couldn't find his heartbeat through all that muscle! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep, you're right. Any additional procedures they might have to do costs extra. But the basic cost is the 12 thousand at the bank and 9000 at Children's. One thing I especially like about children's is, if you don't have to do anything extra, you are basically wrapped up with all in one day! The other clinic they were saying two days when Divine called. Just make sure your husband has extra in case extra comes up.

Thanks for the update Dana very detailed good.gifgood.gif

Sorry about the HBP, am sure he will be fine

Winnie could you please instruct my sister-in-laws to remove the red oil from my husbands diet? :rofl:

When are you going for yours sister?

Edited by Dana and Divine

Timeline

Thanks for sharing. My spouse will be doing her own medical examination next month.

OUR CASES HAVE ARRIVED!!! Time to pray for the CO who lands their hands on each of our cases!!!!

Track DHL Express Shipments

DHL's online tracking is the fastest way to find out where your shipment is. No need to call Customer Service when we can offer you real-time details of your shipment's progress as it speeds through the DHL Network on the way to its destination. Result Summary

icon_tclp_icon_delivered.gifWaybill: 8813970815 Signed for by: BEN OBIT Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 09:02 Origin Service Area: arrow.gifBOSTON, MA - PORTSMOUTH - USA

Destination Service Area: arrow.gifLAGOS - LAGOS - NIGERIA

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 Location Time 18 Delivered - Signed for by : BEN OBIT LAGOS 09:02 17 With delivery courier LAGOS - NIGERIA 08:04 16 Arrived at Delivery Facility in LAGOS - NIGERIA LAGOS - NIGERIA 07:52

Monday, September 24, 2012 Location Time 15 Departed Facility in LAGOS - NIGERIA LAGOS - NIGERIA 21:26 14 Processed at LAGOS - NIGERIA LAGOS - NIGERIA 14:51 13 Arrived at Sort Facility LAGOS - NIGERIA LAGOS - NIGERIA 13:13 12 Transferred through LAGOS - NIGERIA LAGOS - NIGERIA 12:03

Sunday, September 23, 2012 Location Time 11 Departed Facility in BRUSSELS - BELGIUM BRUSSELS - BELGIUM 23:12 10 Transferred through BRUSSELS - BELGIUM BRUSSELS - BELGIUM 23:10 9 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 18:48 8 Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 16:10

Saturday, September 22, 2012 Location Time 7 Shipment on hold LEIPZIG - GERMANY 09:09

Friday, September 21, 2012 Location Time 6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 20:50 5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 06:18 4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 01:48

Thursday, September 20, 2012 Location Time 3 Departed Facility in BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 23:40 2 Processed at BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 23:34 1 Shipment picked up BOSTON, MA - USA 14:12 Hide Details

Try New Search

Edited by Dana and Divine

Timeline

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif, Just give me her phone number and i will tell her

yeah she really needs to eliminate that from his diet, my mom-inlaw keeps telling that cos my hubby likes red oil alot

Will be getting mine medicals done on the 9th

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Thanks for sharing. My spouse will be doing her own medical examination next month.

You're very welcome. Are you going to Nigeria for the interview? If so, I believe my husband has the same date as your wife. Imanco also shares this date with us.

Timeline

I will be leaving for Nigeria in 2 weeks time and i will have barely 3 weeks to complete my medical. I just clocked 40 this year myself and i am scared i may also have HBP, though i cycle everyday and my doc has never really raised the issue.

Edited by IMANCO

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif, Just give me her phone number and i will tell her

yeah she really needs to eliminate that from his diet, my mom-inlaw keeps telling that cos my hubby likes red oil alot

Will be getting mine medicals done on the 9th

Fantastic!!! You are not very far away now! Have you started your countdown? How are you feeling? Confident and Cool...that's what you will be on interview day! And we will be throwing up prayers!

I will be leaving for Nigeria in 2 weeks time and i will have barely 3 weeks to complete my medical. I just clocked 40 this year myself and i am scared i may also have HBP, though i cycle everyday and my doc has never really raised the issue.

I don't believe HBP is going to cause you to not pass an interview. That is a common issue that can be handled with medication. But, since you just turned 40, you should definitely take along extra money and be ready for a EKG in case they suggest one. No worries...you've got this and we are praying for you as well!

OH AND DID YOU GUYS SEE ABOVE...

OUR CASES HAVE ARRIVED IN LAGOS!!!

WHOO HOOO!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline

OUR CASES HAVE ARRIVED!!! Time to pray for the CO who lands their hands on each of our cases!!!!

Track DHL Express Shipments

DHL's online tracking is the fastest way to find out where your shipment is. No need to call Customer Service when we can offer you real-time details of your shipment's progress as it speeds through the DHL Network on the way to its destination. Result Summary

icon_tclp_icon_delivered.gifWaybill: 8813970815 Signed for by: BEN OBIT Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 09:02 Origin Service Area: arrow.gifBOSTON, MA - PORTSMOUTH - USA

Destination Service Area: arrow.gifLAGOS - LAGOS - NIGERIA

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 Location Time 18 Delivered - Signed for by : BEN OBIT LAGOS 09:02 17 With delivery courier LAGOS - NIGERIA 08:04 16 Arrived at Delivery Facility in LAGOS - NIGERIA LAGOS - NIGERIA 07:52

Monday, September 24, 2012 Location Time 15 Departed Facility in LAGOS - NIGERIA LAGOS - NIGERIA 21:26 14 Processed at LAGOS - NIGERIA LAGOS - NIGERIA 14:51 13 Arrived at Sort Facility LAGOS - NIGERIA LAGOS - NIGERIA 13:13 12 Transferred through LAGOS - NIGERIA LAGOS - NIGERIA 12:03

Sunday, September 23, 2012 Location Time 11 Departed Facility in BRUSSELS - BELGIUM BRUSSELS - BELGIUM 23:12 10 Transferred through BRUSSELS - BELGIUM BRUSSELS - BELGIUM 23:10 9 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 18:48 8 Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 16:10

Saturday, September 22, 2012 Location Time 7 Shipment on hold LEIPZIG - GERMANY 09:09

Friday, September 21, 2012 Location Time 6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 20:50 5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 06:18 4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 01:48

Thursday, September 20, 2012 Location Time 3 Departed Facility in BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 23:40 2 Processed at BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 23:34 1 Shipment picked up BOSTON, MA - USA 14:12 Hide Details

Try New Search

Sweet!! I saw that!! :thumbs:

10-11-2012: Interview DENIED

09-10-2013: REAFFIRMED

12-18-2013: 2nd Interview APPROVED

Are those cases nvc sent out on the 20th? How do you track nvc told me they cant give me the tracking number

went to the following website: http://www.dhl.com/e..._reference.html then under the shipper's reference i put EXP 19 SEP 2012A then selected a date range from 7th sep to today.. you can give it a try and see. (For the reference date this month , use a day before the first interview is scheduled, Say..Oct 5th through whatever date you inquire about the packages....say a couple of weeks later)

Only NVC will be able to tell you if yours has left already. Then you can try tracking

Okay..DIVINE IS DONE WITH MEDICAL!!! WHOOP< WHOOP!!!

So this is what he said. He went back to have the EKG today and everything was fine. Since he had more time to talk with the doctor, he asked was all well with him and did he need to be concerned about the additional tests? The doctor said no, that the test was ran because he is a little overweight, has borderline high blood pressure and he is over 40 years old. He told Divine he is a very healthy man and only needed to follow up with a doctor at home about his blood pressure and watch his weight. Eat more whole foods.

Divine did mention something that I didn't see Ginie post, or I didn't pay attention to. (I need to go back and read), but anyway, if she did add, I will add again here:

Divine said he received TWO ENVELOPES. He was told not to open either one of them but only to take "this envelope" (one they pointed out) to the interview. The other envelope needed to be kept safe and unopened and should be taken on the plane with him to deliver to POE when he arrived in the US.

SO ALL IS GOOD! The only thing left is for me to book a flight and pack a bag. I'm ready!!!

Timeline

Okay..DIVINE IS DONE WITH MEDICAL!!! WHOOP< WHOOP!!!

So this is what he said. He went back to have the EKG today and everything was fine. Since he had more time to talk with the doctor, he asked was all well with him and did he need to be concerned about the additional tests? The doctor said no, that the test was ran because he is a little overweight, has borderline high blood pressure and he is over 40 years old. He told Divine he is a very healthy man and only needed to follow up with a doctor at home about his blood pressure and watch his weight. Eat more whole foods.

Divine did mention something that I didn't see Ginie post, or I didn't pay attention to. (I need to go back and read), but anyway, if she did add, I will add again here:

Divine said he received TWO ENVELOPES. He was told not to open either one of them but only to take "this envelope" (one they pointed out) to the interview. The other envelope needed to be kept safe and unopened and should be taken on the plane with him to deliver to POE when he arrived in the US.

SO ALL IS GOOD! The only thing left is for me to book a flight and pack a bag. I'm ready!!!

Wooohoooooo soooo happy everything went well with him kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.