Tough_Era

What's your opinion about Arabic??

330 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I apologize, sarayoubliss, sometimes I lose track of who is married and who is engaged here.

Zagray, I do understand it. Sexual harrassment/begging/stealing happens all the time in Egypt. This is the main reason why I didn't want to go out alone there. If I can prevent myself from being harrassed (in any way) why not prevent it?

I'm glad that you spoke factually about why it is always not good for a US woman to be by herself in 3rd world crazy cities, the same thing for an easy-identified western woman. Our friend Foreverwaiting, luckily, has never been harassed while being by herself in Morocco, i hope that will never happen to her or other US women.

Timeline

Glad to hear this and glad you made it clear that she can socialize with other men in general. When Mohammed moved here, he was amazed how men/women hug each other (as friends of course). I believe the first month, my ex brother-in-law saw us in the grocery store and walked up and said hi xxxxxx how are you and greeted me with a friendly hug and said please introduce me to your soon to be husband. Mohammed asked why do people hug here when they greet each other? Growing up in Alabama, we are use to people stopping in your drive way asking for directions and then the next thing you know they are sitting on your front porch having a glass of sweet tea with you.

I am glad to have helped you and your wife via PM over the last few months and hopefully you shall be here soon and finally get to enjoy all the fun things to do here.

p.s.

that man that everyone keeps referring to in the coffee house that i spoke with, was a retired school teacher and very nice and never spoke to me in any distrustful manner. He spoke about his family here in America and showed me pictures of his grand kids. It's wasn't like a young dude flirting with me. Damn, cant a foreigner have a nice conversation with anyone in their home country without others thinking of something sexual.

What you're having in Alabama is same to what we're having in all Morocco, people are hospitable and very helpful, we do hug too but, oh well, my wife is aware of what i'm aware of, we match in everything, we were made for each other.

nothing sexual was meant within what i said or other people in here said, a marriage, a love is sacred, we have to honor that, and be available to only our spouses.

Filed: Timeline

Sarayoubliss...

How is the protesting doing in Casablanca? Are they finally settling down now or still protesting? Yesterday, we had protestors outside the mosque now and it's americans who are protesting and a mixture outside the colleges here. Gosh, it's getting worse it seems.

What you're having in Alabama is same to what we're having in all Morocco, people are hospitable and very helpful, we do hug too but, oh well, my wife is aware of what i'm aware of, we match in everything, we were made for each other.

nothing sexual was meant within what i said or other people in here said, a marriage, a love is sacred, we have to honor that, and be available to only our spouses.

One day in Morocco near the forest which I assume you know where I am talking about. I went to get some olives, and hubby wanted some cow milk LOL and asked if they had any. He said, please both of you come to my home and I shall get you some. I had never had straight cow milk so I wasn't looking forward to trying it or offending anyone LOL. He took us to his home where his parents greeted us and then OMG there home was so beautiful. Actually, american movies were made in that home they said. They were obviously very wealthy and owed so much land and cows LOL. We enjoyed a wonderful spread of foods and stayed there and talked for hours. This kind of hospitality was so delightful.

Timeline

Sarayoubliss...

How is the protesting doing in Casablanca? Are they finally settling down now or still protesting? Yesterday, we had protestors outside the mosque now and it's americans who are protesting and a mixture outside the colleges here. Gosh, it's getting worse it seems.

I saw videos online of teenagers and young men near to the consulat protesting but not rioting, i hope things don't get worse than how it is now, it's really sad, my wife is expecting the consulate to contact me ASAP, I'm really disappointed, some ####### under-ated filmmaker with bad backgrounds caused all this, It's confirmed that Me & my Wife are the unluckiest couple in the existence.

not just fiancee who's excited but hundred of people in Washington state wants to come to my wedding hahaha.. they always ask when Zyzz will come. hahaha

meh. after the apple harvests there's really not all that much going on in the state.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

One day in Morocco near the forest which I assume you know where I am talking about. I went to get some olives, and hubby wanted some cow milk LOL and asked if they had any. He said, please both of you come to my home and I shall get you some. I had never had straight cow milk so I wasn't looking forward to trying it or offending anyone LOL. He took us to his home where his parents greeted us and then OMG there home was so beautiful. Actually, american movies were made in that home they said. They were obviously very wealthy and owed so much land and cows LOL. We enjoyed a wonderful spread of foods and stayed there and talked for hours. This kind of hospitality was so delightful.

I think you are talking about Boussekoura? the forest area in the exit of Casa? Moroccans love to serve western people because of what the westerns achievements, Moroccans as human beings are proud to have westerns as same-species, they innovated a lot, from electricity ,telephone to landing on the moon., Arabs in general are very hospitable and particularly Moroccans are the nicest Arabs to westerns, for example, a Moroccan in Morocco would be served very less generously than a western in Morocco, i heard of people who slaughtered camels and cows for a stranger who stays at their houses few hours only, i hope someday you will experience hospitality of berbers, you will love the food and energy, Cow's raw milk is yummy but it needs to be pasteurized.

1347743468[/url]' post='5689931']

I think you are talking about Boussekoura? the forest area in the exit of Casa? Moroccans love to serve western people because of what the westerns achievements, Moroccans as human beings are proud to have westerns as same-species, they innovated a lot, from electricity ,telephone to landing on the moon., Arabs in general are very hospitable and particularly Moroccans are the nicest Arabs to westerns, for example, a Moroccan in Morocco would be served very less generously than a western in Morocco, i heard of people who slaughtered camels and cows for a stranger who stays at their houses few hours only, i hope someday you will experience hospitality of berbers, you will love the food and energy, Cow's raw milk is yummy but it needs to be pasteurized.

Hi, unsure but the forest is about 15 minutes outside Casa, as if your going to the airport. They are building homes and a beautiful golf course. You mentioned I hope you could experience the hospitality of Berbers.... My first trip was with two good friends and a brother who were Berber. I spent much of my time with their family and enjoyed ever minute with them. The food was also wonderful as you said. I have learned to cook both ways from my friends family and of course from my mother in law. Hubby is a wonderful cook, I can't wait for his brother to come home from morocco, as my mother in law is sending me all kind of goodies to cook with, like more spices as we are almost out, a few more cooking tajines, and that one large dish you mix couscous in. I forget the name of it.

Off the topic .... During my visits to morocco, I will never forget seeing small children in the middle of the night selling Kleenex or gum. My heart never felt so much pain seeing a child of 7 or 8 trying to make a small amount of change for their family. One night, which I am sure many will disagree with, I gave out more 500 MAD to a group of children that I became friends with eventually. Each night, they would wait for me and I would go to the local grocery store and buy bags of goodies and visit them and have a picnic. Most of the children had never had some of the goodies I brought to them. Though they didn't go to school, I was surprised how easily they picked up on English very quickly. I would sit with them and speak English to them and they eventually could say simple words like hello and my name and how are you lol. On my last night, I bought dinner for me and my new little friends from pizza hut and about 20 blow up soccer balls that you find in those little stores on the street. They were sooooo happy. Actually, I bought many of those soccer balls lol in Mohammed's neighborhood and gave them to children. I was sad to leave my new little friends, but we would always reunite on each of my visits and they always greeted me with singing and smiles. I hope they will remember me when we go back next year.

meh. after the apple harvests there's really not all that much going on in the state.

Oh, but it's the most beautiful green - the most beautiful blue-green.

The mountains.

The ocean.

And, yes, a volcano.

It's one of the most beautiful (can't stop with that word!) areas I've ever seen.

BUT, it's wet. Very wet. So wet, I call it "The Land of the Wet Pant Legs."

Off the topic .... During my visits to morocco, I will never forget seeing small children in the middle of the night selling Kleenex or gum. My heart never felt so much pain seeing a child of 7 or 8 trying to make a small amount of change for their family. One night, which I am sure many will disagree with, I gave out more 500 MAD to a group of children that I became friends with eventually. Each night, they would wait for me and I would go to the local grocery store and buy bags of goodies and visit them and have a picnic. Most of the children had never had some of the goodies I brought to them. Though they didn't go to school, I was surprised how easily they picked up on English very quickly. I would sit with them and speak English to them and they eventually could say simple words like hello and my name and how are you lol. On my last night, I bought dinner for me and my new little friends from pizza hut and about 20 blow up soccer balls that you find in those little stores on the street. They were sooooo happy. Actually, I bought many of those soccer balls lol in Mohammed's neighborhood and gave them to children. I was sad to leave my new little friends, but we would always reunite on each of my visits and they always greeted me with singing and smiles. I hope they will remember me when we go back next year.

I have goose bumps.

(L)(F)(L)(F)

Timeline

Hi, unsure but the forest is about 15 minutes outside Casa, as if your going to the airport. They are building homes and a beautiful golf course. You mentioned I hope you could experience the hospitality of Berbers.... My first trip was with two good friends and a brother who were Berber. I spent much of my time with their family and enjoyed ever minute with them. The food was also wonderful as you said. I have learned to cook both ways from my friends family and of course from my mother in law. Hubby is a wonderful cook, I can't wait for his brother to come home from morocco, as my mother in law is sending me all kind of goodies to cook with, like more spices as we are almost out, a few more cooking tajines, and that one large dish you mix couscous in. I forget the name of it.

I'm 100% sure the name of the forest area is Bousekourra, can you ask Mohammed? And the large dish you mix Couscous in is named Baddaz or R'fissa, they also call it R'fissa l3amya (The Blind R'fissa) LOL, I know you're impatiently waiting to get the package of goods from your mother-in-law, does she ship you spices, herbs,oils...etc? I'd like to know if you guys ever had an issue at Airports having herbs, oils or spices in your suitcases or handbags from Morocco to USA? I am planning to bring a good quantity of pure Argan Oil and Safran with me, I was hoping to have the visa granted on my interview day so i would do a little trip to my father's birthplace in Souss to buy pure royal Safran, it is the only area in Morocco and in the world where the royal Safran grows, we do own Safran lands, inheritances from our grandparents but we can't find someone trustworthy to plow them, also i was planning to buy raw Argan seeds and take them to berber women to squeeze them traditionally, that way i am sure it is 100% pure Argan, unlike what is sold on eBay or Amazon, definitely they blend other oils & water to increase their merchandises, cheaters!!

Sadly, no visa yet, dunno how long until i get to my wife and cook some lucious Tajines, using 100$ Moroccan ingredients, and create an AMEROCCAN atmosphere.

I was one of those little boys selling in the street, we used to sell plenty of various things, but we weren't begging or stealing, even though my family is not poor. My father barely gave me money for school or medicines

500 dhs! That's so generous, thank you on behalf of boys.

I'm 100% sure the name of the forest area is Bousekourra, can you ask Mohammed? And the large dish you mix Couscous in is named Baddaz or R'fissa, they also call it R'fissa l3amya (The Blind R'fissa) LOL, I know you're impatiently waiting to get the package of goods from your mother-in-law, does she ship you spices, herbs,oils...etc? I'd like to know if you guys ever had an issue at Airports having herbs, oils or spices in your suitcases or handbags from Morocco to USA? I am planning to bring a good quantity of pure Argan Oil and Safran with me, I was hoping to have the visa granted on my interview day so i would do a little trip to my father's birthplace in Souss to buy pure royal Safran, it is the only area in Morocco and in the world where the royal Safran grows, we do own Safran lands, inheritances from our grandparents but we can't find someone trustworthy to plow them, also i was planning to buy raw Argan seeds and take them to berber women to squeeze them traditionally, that way i am sure it is 100% pure Argan, unlike what is sold on eBay or Amazon, definitely they blend other oils & water to increase their merchandises, cheaters!!

Sadly, no visa yet, dunno how long until i get to my wife and cook some lucious Tajines, using 100$ Moroccan ingredients, and create an AMEROCCAN atmosphere.

I was one of those little boys selling in the street, we used to sell plenty of various things, but we weren't begging or stealing, even though my family is not poor. My father barely gave me money for school or medicines

500 dhs! That's so generous, thank you on behalf of boys.

i think The Argan tree is found only Morocco.

I don't think they will allow you in the airpot to bring oils to Usa with you.

I love AMLOU.. it tastes like peanut butter but it's liquid..

I love baddaz with dried meat "Gadid".. Gadida Gadida mal7a obnina.. you know this song hahaha.

I like Rfissa too but i don't know what kind of Rfissa you talked about.. never heard of the blind Rfissa hahaha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.