Stuart and Thea

Buying a Wife from the Ukraine

191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Gary, please. I know you have your favorite topics, but your scrotal contents should be off limits. In the name of decorum.

Reason number 3 to marry a RUB wife.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Shouldn't the correct title of this thread be "Buying a Wife from Ukraine," not "Buying a Wife from the Ukraine"?unsure.gif

No, the title is exactly what the poster in the other forum put, so I was repeating it here. I was more offended by the idea that she was being called a prostitute and a slave than the fact that Ukraine or the Ukraine wasn't politically correct, I'm sorry if your sensitivities were more offended by that.

Jan 21 2011 sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox - they lost it
Mar 22 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox second time
May 2 2011 - NOA1 at CSC
July 15 2011 - NOA2!!!
July 21 2011 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in mail
Aug 9 2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal
Sep 7 2011 - Packet 4 sent from embassy
Oct 27 2011 - Interview
Nov 12 2011 - Intended POE VISA delayed due to typo on son's name at the consulate
Nov 22 2011 - Picked up Visa
Nov 26 2011 - New intended POE date
Dec 10 2011 - Wedding

Jan 12 2012 - Sent AOS package
Feb 1 2012 - They send rejection notice, they lost a signature page
Feb 4 2012 - Resent package
Feb 14 2012 - NOA2
Feb 22 2012 - NOA3
March 21 2012 - Biometrics
March 30 2012 - NOA4
May 16 2012 - Interview date

April 2014 - application for I751 Removal of Conditions
May 7 2014 - NOA for notice of receipt and extension letter received
May 8 2014- Verification of inclusion of a dependent letter received
Not dated but in May - letter requesting interview received
July 10 2014 - ASC appointment notice for biometrics received

July 24 2014 Biometrics appointment

Jan 22 2015 - USCIS call

March 18 2015 - USCIS call

April 2 2015 - USCIS call

May 14 2015 - Infopass appt

July 21 2015 - infopass appt

Sept 18 2015 - infopass appt
Feb 25 2016 - USCIS call
Feb 25 2016 - Ombudsman request form sent

Reason number 3 to marry a RUB wife.

Well, that's me told.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

:lol:

I've met both Russians and Ukrainians that are adamant one way or the other as far as на vs. в. And I've met a lot of both that don't really think it matters. I suppose that grammatical consistency dictates that it should be в but grammatical consistency often takes a back seat. But either way, I don't think that one of those variants translates to "The Ukraine" while the other is just "Ukraine."

As far as the subject of the thread, I've said before and I think it bears repeating in this thread that it's never about marrying a country or the women of a certain country. You marry a woman [or man]. Different people in this forum have different things that work for them in their relationships. I know dozens of happily married American couples (and I'm sure lots of hot sex is involved) and similar numbers of Russian men and women who could really make things work out (both domestically and internationally). Nothing fundamentally changes because you married a Russian. Some of the things attributed to Russian women in this thread apply to my wife and some of them don't (and I bet many men with American wives could say the same). I think it's a little silly to start talking 'proverbs' about Russian wives. How many Russian wives have you had? How many American wives have you had? Even if we took all of the couples represented on this forum, we probably wouldn't have a statistically significant sample. And if we did, it would be skewed since I doubt the RUB forum crowd is representative of the RUB population in general.

What is this supposed to be? Fun with statistics?

You got a Canadian from "the Canada" shooting a Brit form "the England" in the eye with "the" slingshot for sniping at her/him over something none of us gives a "the" rat's @ss about and you are going to spoil that with statistics? :lol: Let them each other's children...who cares? How they get tossed off their own bus and end up here is beyond me anyway. Jeezum, just because the forum is "public" doesn't mean they need to come around. Perhaps they can defend Ukrainian women by posting their concerns in the "the Canada" forum.

None of us care what some ignorant fucktards in some cul-de-sac of the internet say about our wives either. ** them and the horse they rode in on. My wife is smoking hot and I woke up next to her this morning naked! Tomorrow is our anniversary (5 years since we met, 4 years since we were married) and I haven't had a bad day since. If someone here or there or anywhere else in cyber land, real life or even "the" California doesn't like it...Who gives a flying **? :wacko:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

:lol:

What is this supposed to be? Fun with statistics?

You got a Canadian from "the Canada" shooting a Brit form "the England" in the eye with "the" slingshot for sniping at her/him over something none of us gives a "the" rat's @ss about and you are going to spoil that with statistics? :lol: Let them each other's children...who cares? How they get tossed off their own bus and end up here is beyond me anyway. Jeezum, just because the forum is "public" doesn't mean they need to come around. Perhaps they can defend Ukrainian women by posting their concerns in the "the Canada" forum.

None of us care what some ignorant fucktards in some cul-de-sac of the internet say about our wives either. ** them and the horse they rode in on. My wife is smoking hot and I woke up next to her this morning naked! Tomorrow is our anniversary (5 years since we met, 4 years since we were married) and I haven't had a bad day since. If someone here or there or anywhere else in cyber land, real life or even "the" California doesn't like it...Who gives a flying **? :wacko:

Breathe through your eyelids.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The RUSSIAN viewpoint is different ! They would say The.

And they would be correct, IMHO.

If it walks like the Ukraine, talks like the Ukraine, it must be the Ukraine!

The country is still ridden with all the bureaucracy and corruption that honor its Soviet heritage.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

And they would be correct, IMHO.

If it walks like the Ukraine, talks like the Ukraine, it must be the Ukraine!

The country is still ridden with all the bureaucracy and corruption that honor its Soviet heritage.

Wrong is wrong. Or did you just immigrate from The Monaco? Did you fly into The America with a stop over in The France or The England. :bonk:

It is important to note that the term "The Ukraine" was established by Joseph Stalin as he tried to extinguish the Ukrainian people and their language, culture and heritage. Review the history of Ukraine, particularly as it pertains to Stalin's collective farming program and the death of millions of Ukrainians from starvation in the 1930's. If you think it doesn't matter to Ukrainians, think again. :angry:

As far as their politics ask yourself why the Ukrainian President has more personal security than any other head of state. This man is a criminal which is why he needs so much security. He knows that there might be a patriot out there willing to sacrifice his life for the survival of Ukraine. :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Wrong is wrong. Or did you just immigrate from The Monaco? Did you fly into The America with a stop over in The France or The England. :bonk:

It is important to note that the term "The Ukraine" was established by Joseph Stalin as he tried to extinguish the Ukrainian people and their language, culture and heritage. Review the history of Ukraine, particularly as it pertains to Stalin's collective farming program and the death of millions of Ukrainians from starvation in the 1930's. If you think it doesn't matter to Ukrainians, think again. :angry:

As far as their politics ask yourself why the Ukrainian President has more personal security than any other head of state. This man is a criminal which is why he needs so much security. He knows that there might be a patriot out there willing to sacrifice his life for the survival of Ukraine. :thumbs:

It would be a grammatical impossibility to immigrate from anywhere. In spite of it, I did not immigrate to United States, but I have flown and sailed to THE United States via THE France several times...- ask any French and they will confirm their country calls for an article. Even if out of place in English, the French will appreciate the deference, as would anyone from THE United Kingdom or THE Netherlands.

With all due respect, I did not say it does not matter to the Ukrainians, so much I was pointing out the Ukraine still behaves very much as it did during its Soviet times, and many still believe they were better off as part of the USSR then as an independent country. For them, the Ukraine will do just fine, article and all.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I understand the sentiment, but your claim that Stalin established the use of the definite article in connection with Ukraine in the English language is dubious at best for several reasons, not the least of which is that Stalin didn't publicly claim to know English and Ukrainian and Russian have no articles.

It would be a grammatical impossibility to immigrate from anywhere. In spite of it, I did not immigrate to United States, but I have flown and sailed to THE United States via THE France several times...- ask any French and they will confirm their country calls for an article. Even if out of place in English, the French will appreciate the deference, as would anyone from THE United Kingdom or THE Netherlands.

im•mi•grate

verb \ˈi-mə-ˌgrāt\

im•mi•grat•edim•mi•grat•ing

Definition of IMMIGRATE

intransitive verb

: to enter and usually become established; especially : to come into a country of which one is not a native for permanent residence

em•i•grate

intransitive verb \ˈe-mə-ˌgrāt\

em•i•grat•edem•i•grat•ing

Definition of EMIGRATE

: to leave one's place of residence or country to live elsewhere <emigrated from Canada to the United States

Pick a definition, it does not matter. The fact remains it is improper to use THE preceding any county's name. :angry:

By the way, the name of my country is America. We are known as the United States of America, but mostly as America.

Timeline

All I'm saying is that this isn't about RUB vs. CABA. It's about how awesome our wives are as compared to many of the other women whom we've encountered. Trying to paint RUB women with one brush and CABA women with another doesn't help anyone and has logical fallacies the size of Lake Baikal.

You are assuming I am being logical. Why? I have no need to be logical in a basically illogical thread which starts as "Go over to this other forum and try to educate internet morons" Sorry, no. You lost any chance at logic. The flaw in the logic here is that computer have been reduced in price to where nearly anyone can buy one

Gary And Alla

Timeline

With all due respect, I did not say it does not matter to the Ukrainians, so much I was pointing out the Ukraine still behaves very much as it did during its Soviet times, and many still believe they were better off as part of the USSR then as an independent country. For them, the Ukraine will do just fine, article and all.

And as I said...who gives a flyin' **? But it is nice to see all the haters hatin' on each other. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Breathe through your eyelids.

Consider launching your defense of Ukrainian women and "the Ukraine" from The Great Britian sub-forum

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.