Stuart and Thea

Buying a Wife from the Ukraine

191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This advice is anathema to any red-blooded American male. It's a badge of honor to live like pigs to as maximal an extent as possible and to stuff ourselves until we're about to be sick, whee man. :lol:

Are you sure your not a RUB husband...:-)

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Timeline

This advice is anathema to any red-blooded American male. It's a badge of honor to live like pigs to as maximal an extent as possible and to stuff ourselves until we're about to be sick, whee man. :lol:

What woukd I need a wofe for if I was clean and didn't eat so much? Oh yeah...

Anyway, it is their duty and pleasure as women to keep our stomachs full and testicles empty. :P

Fashion modeling takes up some of her spare time.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Gary Said

Never get upset about anything. You are the ROCK, she is the weak person. If she has to be strong she does not need you. She needs you so she can be weak. Let her spin and fuss and then just fix it. Don't SAY you are going to fix it,just FIX IT. Doesn't matter about what, be cool. If she is upset with you and screams...yeah they do that...just be cool. Listen and then say "OK sweetheart, no problem" Don't sweat the small stuff. If they see you get all worried and upset...OMG!

Words of gold for anyone interested in a RUB wife.... As Tanya says "I am woman. It is normal for me to do these things sometimes (be emotional). You are husband it is different for you." :lol:

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

The first paragraph explains a lot. In your second, it looks like you are saying that foreign marraige is an accepted way to access superior economic opportunities in the EU?

Well, I don't know so much about economic, exactly, but there is a perception that things are going to get worse before they are going to get better. Sure, we have nicer things here than before, especially in Moscow and Petersburg--there has definitely been a VAST improvement in terms of "things you can buy" even since I started coming to Russia. But now you can't show basically anything on TV before 11pm, you will have to pay extra to have your kids take classes like physics in school, Putin is talking about building up the military industrial complex, 1930s style, rather than focusing on the modernization of Russian industry, the church is becoming an ever more influential force to the detriment of basically everything...

Первый блин комом.

Well, I don't know so much about economic, exactly, but there is a perception that things are going to get worse before they are going to get better. Sure, we have nicer things here than before, especially in Moscow and Petersburg--there has definitely been a VAST improvement in terms of "things you can buy" even since I started coming to Russia. But now you can't show basically anything on TV before 11pm, you will have to pay extra to have your kids take classes like physics in school, Putin is talking about building up the military industrial complex, 1930s style, rather than focusing on the modernization of Russian industry, the church is becoming an ever more influential force to the detriment of basically everything...

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Gary Said

Never get upset about anything. You are the ROCK, she is the weak person. If she has to be strong she does not need you. She needs you so she can be weak. Let her spin and fuss and then just fix it. Don't SAY you are going to fix it,just FIX IT. Doesn't matter about what, be cool. If she is upset with you and screams...yeah they do that...just be cool. Listen and then say "OK sweetheart, no problem" Don't sweat the small stuff. If they see you get all worried and upset...OMG!

Words of gold for anyone interested in a RUB wife.... As Tanya says "I am woman. It is normal for me to do these things sometimes (be emotional). You are husband it is different for you." :lol:

:thumbs:

Can we list the proverbs?

"I am a woman, I do not need a reason to worry"

"If I must be strong I do not need a man"

"You go in front, I go behind"

Seriously, when she is worried she looks to me for my reaction, as long as it is "No problem...we will just..." She is :D

If you say "OH NO!, WHAT?" the reaction will be :huh::crying:

Gary And Alla

Shouldn't the correct title of this thread be "Buying a Wife from Ukraine," not "Buying a Wife from the Ukraine"?unsure.gif

Yeppers. "The Ukraine" is a derogatory term as is "Malo Russia".

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I wouldn't say it's "derogatory," exactly; although both "на" and "the" imply it's a region and not an independent state.

The RUSSIAN viewpoint is different ! They would say The.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Shouldn't the correct title of this thread be "Buying a Wife from Ukraine," not "Buying a Wife from the Ukraine"?unsure.gif

The title of the thread was created by a Canadian/Canadian importer (which is hardly even importing). We were tryng to be polite in overlooking ignorance...we are used to it.

Gary And Alla

The title of the thread was created by a Canadian/Canadian importer (which is hardly even importing). We were tryng to be polite in overlooking ignorance...we are used to it.

Fair nuff! I've learned to refer to it correctly now

:)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
scrotal contents
But isn't it good to have a content #######, huh man?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Fair nuff! I've learned to refer to it correctly now

:)

Repetiton is the key.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.