Tahoma

Citizen Chinook !!!

54 posts in this topic

Congrats!

You can apply right away, but it will still take a while for the system to show she is an USC. We both applied for new cards the same day. Two weeks for me, about six weeks for her. If you updated the SSA when she became a LPR, the new card will look the same.

BTW: Driver License and stuff, they want to see the original Naturalization Certificate and make their copies on their crappy copiers, so other than keeping a back-up copy or two in safe places, no need to make your own copies.

Thanks, Mr. Bill. :)

And thanks for the tip on the SSA. If it's going to take six weeks, then we had better get started now. Chinook and I are planning to go downtown and knock out both the SSA and her passport application on our next day off together.

Chinook already has her driver license and has been bombing around town for about the past two and a half years..so no worries with the DMV.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congratulations, si man! :)

I'll be sticking around and trying to help.
This is equally good news, si man. :thumbs:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Congratulations to Chinook! Loved reading your post :) Got me all excited for when my time comes :D

Thank you, Vanessa. :star:

Chinook and I are both excited and relieved that this process is at an end. You must be pretty close to lifting conditions, so you are not that far behind us. Hang in there and your time will come. :thumbs:

Yay! Congrats batchmate! Congrats Chinook!

Hi batchmate...Thanks so much... :star:

Hey, did you file for naturalization yet?

congratulations chinook,

Thanks, jkelly07!!! :)

Congrats,

I’m sure the feeling of finishing 'the journey' is wonderful. :thumbs:

Thanks, Scott. :)

Yeah, we feel pretty good about hanging in there all the way to the end. How about you guys? Is there citizenship in Joan's future?

Wow BIG BIG Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance:

Salamat po, kaibigan! :star:

Many Congrats to you... !!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Thanks guys...and best wishes to you on the 3rd...I hope it goes smoothly for you! :star:

Congratulations, great job and way to hang in there through the whole process.

Thanks so much, bigdog. :thumbs:

Congratulations!!!

Thank you...and best wishes to you both with your AOS. :star:

Congratulations :):thumbs:

Salamat po. :star: Have you received your K-1 visa yet?

• wow congrats to Chinook!!!

Salamat po... :star:

I'll bet you guys are counting down the days until October 8th... :D

:dance: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance:

As some infamous radio characters used to say....... Vote early and vote often !!!! :lol:

Thanks A&B. :star:

Chinook has been talking about her desire to vote for a while now. So, we were happy to find out that she was going to complete the oath ceremony on the same day as her interview. She registered to vote and now she's looking forward to voting (once) in the upcoming election. :)

Congrats! :thumbs:

Thanks, Memphis! :star:

Congratulations to the new US citizen. That is great! My wife has her oath on 28 Sept, no same-day oaths in OKC :(

It's a great feeling to be done with USCIS, isn't it?

Thanks Andy and Maricar. We're both in the class of September 2012. Congratz to you too! :star:

I hope your interview is as painless as ours was. :thumbs:

Congratulations, si man! :)This is equally good news, si man. :thumbs:

Thanks much, TBone. It's always good to see you. Hey, I noticed you guys are going in for your biometric tomorrow. You're right behind us in the naturalization line. Best wishes always to you, Mrs. TBone, and Mini-T. :star:

Congrats!!!:dance:

Thanks, Mike and Luzie. :star:

Best wishes to you on your K-1 interview. I hope it goes smoothly and quickly. :thumbs:

:goofy: Congratulations! :goofy:

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

congrats :dance: :dance:

qHpljff.jpgqHplp7.png

USCIS

* March 2nd 2012 --> I-130 sent

* March 5th 2012 --> I-130 Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

* March 7th 2012 --> Got NOA1 by SMS (Vermont Service Center)

* March 14th 2012 --> Got Hardcopy of I-797C in the airmail

* June 29th 2012 --> NOA2 (114days)

* July 5th 2012 --> Got Hardcopy of NOA2

NVC

* July 2nd 2012 --> NVC Received

* July 24th 2012 --> NVC Case Number and IIN received by e-mail

* July 24th 2012 --> E-mailed the DS 3032

* July 24th 2012 --> AOS Bill Paid

* July 26th 2012 --> AOS Bill Shows PAID

* July 28th 2012 --> AOS Package Sent

* August 2nd 2012 --> DS-3032 accepted

* August 3rd 2012 --> IV bill invoiced & PAID

* August 7th 2012 --> IV Bill Shows PAID

* August 17th 2012 --> IV Package Sent

* August 24th 2012 --> NVC Case Complete

* September 15th 2012 --> Interview Date Assigned

US EMBASSY JAKARTA

* October 16th 2012 --> INTERVIEW (Approved)

* October 19th 2012 --> Visa in Hand

Yay Chinook!! :star: Congrats!!

Sounds like it was a wonderful day :) (Especially not having to deal with the stress of interview scheduling!)

Just a reminder, when you apply for the passport you will have to send off her original certificate- so make sure you get everything done with it that you want first.

Congrats again to the new blue passport holder!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations Tahoma and Chinook!!!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

:goofy: Congratulations! :goofy:

Thanks, Todd...and best wishes to you both you and Jessa for a speedy petition approval. You guys are almost there. :thumbs:

congrats :dance: :dance:

Thank you, Jason and Shifa. :star:

Yay Chinook!! :star: Congrats!!

Sounds like it was a wonderful day :) (Especially not having to deal with the stress of interview scheduling!)

Just a reminder, when you apply for the passport you will have to send off her original certificate- so make sure you get everything done with it that you want first.

Congrats again to the new blue passport holder!

B...Thank you for your well wishes. :star:

Now you and Chinook have something in common...you're both 'Kana!!! :jest::lol:

And much thanks for the tip about having to send off Chinook's naturalization certificate when she applies for a passport. I didn't know that. We will definitely hit the SSA office before applying for a passport. :thumbs:

Congratulations Tahoma and Chinook!!!

Thanks, Leatherneck. :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.