GreenThumb

Karachi PCC question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Since I have a Pakistani ID with a Pakistani address on it, when my wife made a new id after our marriage, it showed her current residence at my address. Due to this change, when I went to get a Police clearance certificate for her, I was sent to my local SP office rather then hers, which means that her PCC will show my temporary address rather than hers. In addition, she has lived at muliple addresses in Karachi since the age of 16. Do I need a PCC from every district, or will just one suffice?

Timeline

Since I have a Pakistani ID with a Pakistani address on it, when my wife made a new id after our marriage, it showed her current residence at my address. Due to this change, when I went to get a Police clearance certificate for her, I was sent to my local SP office rather then hers, which means that her PCC will show my temporary address rather than hers. In addition, she has lived at muliple addresses in Karachi since the age of 16. Do I need a PCC from every district, or will just one suffice?

Hi Green Thumb,

I went through the same situation. After marriage my wife address changed to my parents address in Karachi and her name changed to my last name. Her passport was also made on my last name and shows my name as her Husband name. When She made her PCC they issued her PCC on her name which is on her Passport and they did mentioned her previous address where She lived before marriage (Her parents address) since her birth as she never live any other places since her birth to her marriage.

Now, in my case our Police District is same so 1 PCC issued on her Marriage name with both addresses on it. Even She asked Police Officer that she need 2 PCC, 1 on her Fathers name (Daughter of...) with her previous address and then on her marriage name (Wife of...) with current address but they refused and they stated that they make PCC every day for overseas and thats how they do and she don't need 2 PCC just 1 PCC will work with both adresses mentioned in the PCC with her time stamps and both addresses are on the same Police District East.

Now in your case, you did mentioned She has lived multiple addresses since age of 16 then you need to make sure each address was more then 6 months or not (if less then 6 months I think you don't need to get PCC for that address). When you go to the Police Station (I think you need to go their office on Shara-e-faisal to submit the Application for PCC and there they will tell you how to proceed on this request).

I am not a Lawyer OR in Depth knowledgeable like other VJ's here may be someone could give you more details on it.

Here is the link for PCC requirement for ISL Embassy.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplements/ISL-PK3-ENGL-0001-0802.pdf

Currently my Wife Documents are at NVC and they have no issue with her PCC. However I got an RFE to submit DS230 Part II as they didn't found in the package :unsure: Go figure out how that happened :wacko:

Edited by Saj & Anam

Timeline

Problem is, my temp address is in Karachi central and hers is in Karachi East. I think I'll err on the side of caution and get two PCCs made.

It's bad enough when you have never lived in Pakistan and are at the mercy of others to get to know the system there, but it's even worse when the even the locals can't help you because they don't have experience either. Only way to learn how to get things done is through hard knocks.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Assallam o Alaikum,

Dear brothers if Police Clearance Certificate or any other document is required from Karachi then it's better to contact a Karachi based private servicing agency. Contact following agencies:

The best way to get Police Clearance from Karachi is to contact a Karachi based service at following links:

http://certificatekarachi.com/
http://chachuinpakistan.com/
http://birthcertificatespakistan.com/

Thank you

Kashif Aman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.