amdevito

CR2 CHILD INTERVIEW manila

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry if this topic is elsewhere, I looked briefly and could not find anything I was looking for so here it is...

Our son, 5 years old, will be having his interview by himself (as his mother has already received her visa) on 14 NOV, 2012. His mother received a 221G for a CENOMAR and a different copy/version of the CENMAR from NSO which resulted in almost 6 weeks before her visa arrived to our place in MANILA. In order to avoid a similar circumstance for our son, I was wondering if anyone knows any specific documents or copies that are required for a CR2 child during his interview at USEM. His mother, according to her checklist from NVC, stated all her documentation was received and adequate, which of course we found out was not the case. Anyone who has gone for a CR2 interview with their child and has any information about anything that was requested of them during the interview or who had received a 221 G for their child, I would be interested in hearing what you experienced. Or, of course, any advice to avoid further delaying our case by another month. Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this topic is elsewhere, I looked briefly and could not find anything I was looking for so here it is...

Our son, 5 years old, will be having his interview by himself (as his mother has already received her visa) on 14 NOV, 2012. His mother received a 221G for a CENOMAR and a different copy/version of the CENMAR from NSO which resulted in almost 6 weeks before her visa arrived to our place in MANILA. In order to avoid a similar circumstance for our son, I was wondering if anyone knows any specific documents or copies that are required for a CR2 child during his interview at USEM. His mother, according to her checklist from NVC, stated all her documentation was received and adequate, which of course we found out was not the case. Anyone who has gone for a CR2 interview with their child and has any information about anything that was requested of them during the interview or who had received a 221 G for their child, I would be interested in hearing what you experienced. Or, of course, any advice to avoid further delaying our case by another month. Thanks in advance.

I brought along my child's Birth Certificate and Baptismal Certificate. but none of it was asked.

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2
---------------------------

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

• 5 months later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

would like to know what happened during your son's CR2 interview at USEM? My children is scheduled for interview on Tuesday...what documents they need to bring? we passed their DS-230 with all originals and their I-864. Would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks and God bless

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Besides his appointment letter and passport, we used the checklist provided with his 'packet' email to tell us what they had and what they didn't. For us, they had received all of the originals they needed. His interview was brief and more of a formality than anything else. We brought a certified true copy of his birth cert and our marriage cert just to be safe but we didnt need it. JUst use the sheet with the letters to guide you with what you need to bring. Hope that helps

Hi,

would like to know what happened during your son's CR2 interview at USEM? My children is scheduled for interview on Tuesday...what documents they need to bring? we passed their DS-230 with all originals and their I-864. Would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks and God bless

Timeline
to

Besides his appointment letter and passport, we used the checklist provided with his 'packet' email to tell us what they had and what they didn't. For us, they had received all of the originals they needed. His interview was brief and more of a formality than anything else. We brought a certified true copy of his birth cert and our marriage cert just to be safe but we didnt need it. JUst use the sheet with the letters to guide you with what you need to bring. Hope that helps

Thank you for the info. My kids visas are approved but I have a question on the delivery of their visa. They did not pay anything to 2GO for courier services. Do you suppose to pay anything if the visa will be delivered to your residence?

Kindly share what you did on this.

Thanks again and God bless.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for the info. My kids visas are approved but I have a question on the delivery of their visa. They did not pay anything to 2GO for courier services. Do you suppose to pay anything if the visa will be delivered to your residence?

Kindly share what you did on this.

Thanks again and God bless.

They don't need to pay 2GO for the delivery. Delivery fee is already included in the immigrant visa fee.

There's a new immigrant fee that you have to pay though. Instructions on how to send payment will be included in the visa packet. The fee costs $165 per applicant. You have to pay the fee BEFORE the kids depart for the US.

The kids (or their proxy) are required to get PDOS stickers stamped on their passports: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347:for-filipinos-leaving-the-country-with-an-immigrant-visa&catid=139

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

They don't need to pay 2GO for the delivery. Delivery fee is already included in the immigrant visa fee.

There's a new immigrant fee that you have to pay though. Instructions on how to send payment will be included in the visa packet. The fee costs $165 per applicant. You have to pay the fee BEFORE the kids depart for the US.

The kids (or their proxy) are required to get PDOS stickers stamped on their passports: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347:for-filipinos-leaving-the-country-with-an-immigrant-visa&catid=139

Thank you for the info. Do you have any reference for the $165 fee that needs to be paid. I can't find it anywhere. What kind of fee? We paid for the AOS and IV Fee.

BLessings,

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for the info. Do you have any reference for the $165 fee that needs to be paid. I can't find it anywhere. What kind of fee? We paid for the AOS and IV Fee.

BLessings,

There's an instruction included in the visa packet on how to pay the fee.

Source: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3a2bb75e8109b310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by apple21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.