Sirinapha

Chance of denial ?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

I went for my interview on Aug 30, 2012 and passed the English and American history test but the decision cannot be made and they requested more evidence.

Here is some of my background ;

I met my ex- husband in 2003 while we working together in Wyomng state for 5 months.(I was on J1 visa)

I then went back to my country and continue the relationship ,also for the proper procedure on K1 visa

A year later I came back to the US to get married and we were fine in the first 2 years.

The third year where all the issues begin, My ex got fired at work then another after another. He then claimed for disability help from the goverment and not working (He gets monthly check from the gov). He claimed he has mental problem and cannot woth with others.

I worked 2 jobs at the time to have enough money to spend in the family.

He started to drink alot and become alcoholic and we (His mom and I) asked him to go to rehab which he did and promised he will never drink again.

He still drinks and to me he beomes 2 personality and rude to me in verbal (I told him I would call 911 if he ever hit me and he didn't) so I never report the verbal abuse.

I was so sick of the whole situation and I wanted to get out of the relationship and didn't think about it will effect me now.

I filed for my 10 years GC in July 2007 and got it in January 2008.

I then filed for divorce in May 2008 and it ended October 2008

The interviewer felt like my marriage was a sham and I told her all of my story how we met , how I went back to my country just to apply for K1 visa the right way.

And they asked for original petition of my divorce.

I am thinking of getting help from the attoney, do you think I need one?

I am so worry that my case will get deny.

Thanks all!

I

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Reading your post, I am confident that you are safe and have nothing to worry about. Just submit your divorce decree and any other document asked of you. Since you already have your unconditional GC, you are only to worry if you have lied to the USCIS in your previous petitions. Other than that, Marriages succeed and marriages fail..... its all part of life. I am sure you'll hear some good news. Also, do share the outcome with us. I would love to see your "all happy" post.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I went for my interview on Aug 30, 2012 and passed the English and American history test but the decision cannot be made and they requested more evidence.

Here is some of my background ;

I met my ex- husband in 2003 while we working together in Wyomng state for 5 months.(I was on J1 visa)

I then went back to my country and continue the relationship ,also for the proper procedure on K1 visa

A year later I came back to the US to get married and we were fine in the first 2 years.

The third year where all the issues begin, My ex got fired at work then another after another. He then claimed for disability help from the goverment and not working (He gets monthly check from the gov). He claimed he has mental problem and cannot woth with others.

I worked 2 jobs at the time to have enough money to spend in the family.

He started to drink alot and become alcoholic and we (His mom and I) asked him to go to rehab which he did and promised he will never drink again.

He still drinks and to me he beomes 2 personality and rude to me in verbal (I told him I would call 911 if he ever hit me and he didn't) so I never report the verbal abuse.

I was so sick of the whole situation and I wanted to get out of the relationship and didn't think about it will effect me now.

I filed for my 10 years GC in July 2007 and got it in January 2008.

I then filed for divorce in May 2008 and it ended October 2008

The interviewer felt like my marriage was a sham and I told her all of my story how we met , how I went back to my country just to apply for K1 visa the right way.

And they asked for original petition of my divorce.

I am thinking of getting help from the attoney, do you think I need one?

I am so worry that my case will get deny.

Thanks all!

I

I take it you went to the citizenship test? I think all you can do at this point is wait for a response from USCIS. You have the same name as my wife. Are you from Thailand?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

If you got your GC January of 2008 then you're 4 months shy of applying on basis of 5-year rule, which means you applied on condition of marriage, right? So if you got divorced before you applied for citizenship you're not allowed to apply for citizenship until you've been an LPR for five years. Correct?

Thank you all for you reply,

Yes I am from Thailand, I got married in 2004 and got my 2 years GC in Sep 2005 , got my 10 years GC in Jan 2008.

The base of 5 years residency counts from the first GC , correct?

I just hoping that the officer see the same think like you guy. I am personally really honest person hope for a good karma :)

But cannot help it with thinking negative result.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes I am from Thailand, I got married in 2004 and got my 2 years GC in Sep 2005 , got my 10 years GC in Jan 2008.

I just hoping that the officer see the same think like you guy. I am personally really honest person hope for a good karma :)

Yes it does count from the date on your first green card. (2 years green card)

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Okay that was unclear from your original post. From what it looks like you SHOULD be okay, once it goes through supervisor review it should all be fine. Good luck.

Sirinapha..... I don't think you've got anything to worry about.

If you'd applied for citizenship based on the 3 year marriage rule 2 years ago, I would have thought it would ring a lot more bells.

You've lived here legally for many years as a permanent resident.....marriages break down.

I also think you'll be fine... don't worry, and keep us updated.

Sue.

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Topic has been split off with additional discussion in this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/402534-waiting-nervously-for-a-response/page__gopid__5851505#entry5851505 as it relates to a different case

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Since the new immigration act passed in 1986 limited the number of immigrants to 50,000, bringing people via marriage was the only door left open to bring people here. Unfortunately a lot of marriage fraud has been detected with far stricter research required in the AOS stage. Then in 1988, the conditional card was introduced for any marriage of less than two years.

Seems like the USCIS has become obsessed with marriage fraud. With your divorce and certainly sounds reasonable under the circumstances you implied, you have to expect a review of your case. You did not state whether you remarried to a person from your home country, that would certainly a cause for alarm with the USCIS. You also have a witness from your ex-mother-in-law. Just provide all this information if requested by the USCIS, and you should be fine.

Sounds like to me, you are a hard working woman and a good taxpayer. That should really count toward your US citizenship, they love taxpayers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If I were in your shoes, I'd start with a telephone call into USCIS, getting to a Tier 2 Human, an ISO.

ISO - http://www.dhs.gov/files/publications/gc_1305658440339.shtm

If an ISO isn't able to tell you current status, then it makes sense to get an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office, as they have your casefile and know a bit more.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I would like to update my case, I contacted Senator's office in my town to follow up my case and only took them a day to get an update for me that my case was approved since Nov. 2012 but because I am doing a name change I have to wait till May for the next Oath ceremony in my town ( they said I should receive the notice 3 weeks prior the ceremony)

I will come back and update again when everything is all done.

Thank you all for your supports! Good Luck.

Oh my case status online is not update to "approved"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.