Dana and Divine

VISA DENIED IR-1/CR-1

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you for your reply and the number where he can call. I'm sure this will be very helpful. By the way, how much is this Expert going to charge our friend for this consult?

For now i can't talk.he has to approach the man with the refusal letter and all his evidence.Lagos are so silly in some of their decisions,They refuse some at times with the right to seek for reconsideration of decision made by their CO but due to the shock and outcome of their interview.Not all denials has a genuine reasons,so fighting back is the only option we have when issues like this come up.We asking them how many times their wives come can no Longer aid the ready made decision from Lagos.OLAMI had similar case back then but was reaffirmed and sent back to Lagos for second interview and his hubby got the visa.

Filed: Timeline

So sorry this is happening to you right now.The issue of how many time he/she has visited is not the major issue in this case cos not many can afford a frequent Trip to their loved ones.We have seen many issues that some had their loved ones outside the embassy and still got denied.Please Contact this immigration Expert AJEWOLE& CO on this numbers +23418209566,+2348035650401.In this case,Go with your refusal letter,your Marriage Certificate and other proofs you have in your possession to prove that your marriage with your wife is genuine and not for immigration purpose.It's time to stand for justice and give out information that will enhance our fellow VJ family for effective and efficient results.It will be nice to make a move while you have your petition there in Lagos cos if it is send back to USCIS it might might take time for a second interview to be schedule for you.Good luck

Do you have data on those that fell into this category? In terms of their other evidenciary preparedness and red flags.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

By all means do what you can to keep that petition in Lagos! Trust me, you do not want to wait the additional time frame. I have no other advice to give other than what others have mentioned. Feel for you, as we went down that road and waiting on our second interview almost a year later now.

TracyJo

Timeline

Do you have data on those that fell into this category? In terms of their other evidenciary preparedness and red flags.

Gowon there is nothing new in this process.Nothing is Guarantee in this interview stage except you are just favor.People like that exist but not all are documented.During my interview i witness 2 applicants that have their respective spouses outside and yet refused,For the fact we don't see on VJ doesn't mean they don't exist.

Filed: Timeline

Gowon there is nothing new in this process.Nothing is Guarantee in this interview stage except you are just favor.People like that exist but not all are documented.During my interview i witness 2 applicants that have their respective spouses outside and yet refused,For the fact we don't see on VJ doesn't mean they don't exist.

Thanks for the feedback.

Trust me I know that there's more to US Immigration than VJ.

Timeline

Your wife only visited once and only stayed 3 weeks. In the photos you submitted , who was in the photos ? Did you explain the people in the photos. Why does your wife need a co sponsor ? What is your job skills ? How did you meet ? when she visited where did she stay ? How often do you communicate and by what method.

Don't hire any lawyer that isn't in the US bar association. You want someone prepared and able to fight this on both sides og the ocean. Many people hire foreign lawyers who aren't qualfied/able to represent you inside the US. I personally would deal with Mr Ellis. Immigration knows him, his cases are well known as is his name.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm finding this confusing....why lagos or where makes a differnce....this is US immigration and it seems like the requirements would be the same from any country he was coming from and you must have reasonable proof that the marrigae isnt a scam to immigrate...I would think visits, phone records, chat records, photos...ect would be needed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm finding this confusing....why lagos or where makes a differnce....this is US immigration and it seems like the requirements would be the same from any country he was coming from and you must have reasonable proof that the marrigae isnt a scam to immigrate...I would think visits, phone records, chat records, photos...ect would be needed.

The requirement is the same: to show a bona fide relationship.

It's not a simple checklist, as NoB explained in the post above.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Are you in your late 40s, early 50s?

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Thank you so much for the help, I am going to call the lawyer right away, my wife also told me that she will be getting a lawyer to handle that, but i am not going to fold my hands, I truly appreciate all the response, May God bless us all this week, those having the interview

Timeline

Thank you so much for the help, I am going to call the lawyer right away, my wife also told me that she will be getting a lawyer to handle that, but i am not going to fold my hands, I truly appreciate all the response, May God bless us all this week, those having the interview

You will be fine,Your petition is still there is Lagos,they will be expecting you to respond to their refusal while it's there in Lagos but failure to do that after 3/4 months it will be sent back to USCIS which i believe it will be reaffirmed and send back for a second interview and that takes over a year but below that if you are lucky.Good luck

Timeline

Way to get up and fight and honestly get your wife over there soonest. Tell her to request a second interview. It's a must she get there. No other evidence will matter with her making another visit unless there are other factors.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.