Kathryn41

Nostalgia

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ah, The Beachcombers - a staple of Sunday evening TV - hard to believe it was 40 years ago now that the Persephone travelled the Gibson, BC coast with Nick Adonidas and Jesse Jim trying to salvage the wayward lumbering logs before Relic who tries to cheat and take unfair advantage of circumstances before coming back for food and camaraderie at Molly's Reach.

Here's the intro to the original series of what turned out to be the longest running English language series in Canadian history: Enjoy!

http://www.canadianexpatnetwork.com/public/1230.cfm'>http://www.canadianexpatnetwork.com/public/1230.cfm

Here are some other articles as well:

http://www.canadianexpatnetwork.com/

http://www.canadianexpatnetwork.com/public/1228.cfm

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Loved the Beachcombers!!! Always watched that and Disney at the Farm on Sunday nights!!! Many on this forum are prob way too young to know the Beachcombers!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

oh geez...Kathryn...remind me how old i am! :lol: I was born in 73, and grew up with this show. Every week..just like Flames we watched that and Disney. IIRC fav char was Relic...i think that was his name..its the only one i remember now. lawl. now i have the song in me head..

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

oh geez...Kathryn...remind me how old i am! :lol: I was born in 73, and grew up with this show. Every week..just like Flames we watched that and Disney. IIRC fav char was Relic...i think that was his name..its the only one i remember now. lawl. now i have the song in me head..

73 was a great yr!!!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was born in 73 as well, and Beachcombers and Disney was a ritual in my house on Sunday nights as well! Mind you we only had 2 channels so it is not like we had a large selection of quality programming :rofl:

Timeline

I was born in 73 as well, and Beachcombers and Disney was a ritual in my house on Sunday nights as well! Mind you we only had 2 channels so it is not like we had a large selection of quality programming :rofl:

thats probably why i miss being able to watch CBC here, it was like the ONLY channel our TV was ever on....Uverse had a qeustionaire about what i wanted to see so i told them more Canadian channels including CBC lol.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

thats probably why i miss being able to watch CBC here, it was like the ONLY channel our TV was ever on....Uverse had a qeustionaire about what i wanted to see so i told them more Canadian channels including CBC lol.

U could get a VPN and watch it that way!! or a slingshot!! Were in Nicaragua and our VPN has it as if our computer is in the USA, thus can watch hulu and netflix. Different providers have different options! I could pay more with my current provider (strongvpn) and be able to change my IP addy.

On the farm in Saskatchewan, thats all my grandparents had as well 2 English channels and I think 1 French one! But as kids we didn't care as we were always outside.

Timeline

U could get a VPN and watch it that way!! or a slingshot!! Were in Nicaragua and our VPN has it as if our computer is in the USA, thus can watch hulu and netflix. Different providers have different options! I could pay more with my current provider (strongvpn) and be able to change my IP addy.

On the farm in Saskatchewan, thats all my grandparents had as well 2 English channels and I think 1 French one! But as kids we didn't care as we were always outside.

ya that stuff always worked for huly netflix etc, but for some reason i just can't for the life of me get cbc to work with a vpm what so ever..i dunno its odd. the program i use dto use was hotspotshield..when i was in canada, but i cant' find a reliable program like that for canadian content.

outside..what is that again? :rofl: i swear no one around here knows waht a park is or anything. all the kids etc..always inside..computer this game boy that..xbox this..yes i have those as well..but i drag my husband out all the time a couple days a week.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.