Jason & Masha

Medical Vaccinations

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

I have a question about the medical vaccinations records for the medical exam. The USCIS has approved my petition for a K-1 visa and I have already received the I-797 NOA2. I believe the embassy in Moscow should contact my fiancee within a few weeks. My fiancee has had vaccinations in the past (I'm not sure if she has had all the vaccinations required by USCIS). However she does not have the records of these vaccinations. She said to get new ones takes a very long time. I would hate to have to delay her medical exam to wait for new vaccination records.

Does anybody have any advice, knowledge or experience on this situation? I appreciate any input! Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

My fiance also doesn't have a record of his vaccinations. I was told that during the medical they can do a blood test and see if your fiance has the proper vaccinations. If she does not then they will give her the vaccinations during the interview. If your fiance could call and ask these questions when making an appointment for the medical she should ask how the process is in Russia. But I am pretty certain that she will just have a blood test.

Good luck! :)

event.png

event.png

Removal of Conditions
08/25/2015: I-751 Sent 08/28/2015: I-751 Delivered

09/04/2015: NOA1 Received 09/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
TBA: Interview Appointment TBA: Removal of Conditions Approved

AOS
06/11/2013: I-485 & I-765 Sent
06/13/2013: NOA1 Received (AOS & EAD)
07/11/2013: Biometrics Appointment 08/15/2013: EAD Approved
08/26/2013: EAD Card Received 09/16/2013: Interview Waived Letter Received
11/20/2013: AOS Approved

K-1
06/21/2012: I-129F Sent 06/27/2012: I-129F NOA1

12/21/2012: NVC Received 12/28/2012: NVC Left
01/07/2013: Consulate Received 02/27/2013: Interview Date

03/05/2013: Visa Received 03/15/2013: US Entry

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Well I when to the medical 2 weeks ago and if you don't have the vaccinations in paper they make you have them done again I got them done the next after my doctors appointment for free (that's in my country) and I got a vaccination certificate witch I pretend to use when we file the AOS, I fax the copy of my vaccination record to the doctor and problem solve :) easy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You are not required to get any vaccinations for a K-1, but some vaccinations are required for adjusting status once in the US. So, to avoid having to see a civil surgeon in the US for an I-693, you should get the vaccinations at the medical and have them marked off on the DS-3025. The main problem people have with not getting their vaccinations completed and marked off on the DS-3025 at their K-1 medical is that finding a civil surgeon in the US that will not insist on giving another medical and overcharging can be a difficult task.

The only ones required for AOS are MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(unless you had the chickenpox) and flu shot(only during flu season). You only need the first shot in a series to file for AOS.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

You are not required to get any vaccinations for a K-1, but some vaccinations are required for adjusting status once in the US. So, to avoid having to see a civil surgeon in the US for an I-693, you should get the vaccinations at the medical and have them marked off on the DS-3025. The main problem people have with not getting their vaccinations completed and marked off on the DS-3025 at their K-1 medical is that finding a civil surgeon in the US that will not insist on giving another medical and overcharging can be a difficult task.

The only ones required for AOS are MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(unless you had the chickenpox) and flu shot(only during flu season). You only need the first shot in a series to file for AOS.

http://www.cdc.gov/i...tions.html#tbl1

Excellent advice for getting all the vaccinations in fiance(e)'s home country. The required vaccinations for AOS will run a few hundred dollars at the very least here in the US.

Sample cost at Walgreen,

TD (tetanus, diphtheria): $76

Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) $92

MMR (measles, mumps, rubella): $116

Varicella: $87

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There is russian website where Masha can find information about vaccination and medical exams in particular and all other aspects of K1 visa in general. There is section where lady from certifyed medical center answers all the questions.

http://www.russian-fiancee.com/rus/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

If Masha had varicella, mumps, measles or rubella in her childhood she still can have immunitet which can be checked by blood test for antibodies. But I was told that American doctors do not trust Russian clinics for results and can make you do it again for AOS.

TD is supposed to be done periodically. So Masha can get it during her medical exam.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi I am new to this.

Thanks for this thread on vaccinations.

I am trying to get up to date with all of mine now. I have had some of these vaccinations as a child and I have had chickenpox already. I saw the Nurse yesterday in regards to this and she was so shocked with how many I need! :) She is researching for me all this week what ones I can have done in the UK, but has said that there may be some that I can't have because of my age. Are the ones that you have listed the only mandatory ones I need? Or do I need all of them for AOS. I am just worried in case I can't get all of them and will be denied.

Any response will be appreciated. I am sorry if it's a repetition.

Thanks. :)

Timeline

Hi I am new to this.

Thanks for this thread on vaccinations.

I am trying to get up to date with all of mine now. I have had some of these vaccinations as a child and I have had chickenpox already. I saw the Nurse yesterday in regards to this and she was so shocked with how many I need! :) She is researching for me all this week what ones I can have done in the UK, but has said that there may be some that I can't have because of my age. Are the ones that you have listed the only mandatory ones I need? Or do I need all of them for AOS. I am just worried in case I can't get all of them and will be denied.

Any response will be appreciated. I am sorry if it's a repetition.

Thanks. :)

The only ones required for AOS are MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(unless you had the chickenpox) and flu shot(only during flu season). You only need the first shot in a series to file for AOS. You do not need any of the vaccinations that are not age appropriate. They will mark them off on your DS-3025 as not age appropriate.

See this link for what is required by age: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The only ones required for AOS are MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(unless you had the chickenpox) and flu shot(only during flu season). You only need the first shot in a series to file for AOS. You do not need any of the vaccinations that are not age appropriate. They will mark them off on your DS-3025 as not age appropriate.

See this link for what is required by age: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Thank you! This has helped me a lot. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello,

I have a question about the medical vaccinations records for the medical exam. The USCIS has approved my petition for a K-1 visa and I have already received the I-797 NOA2. I believe the embassy in Moscow should contact my fiancee within a few weeks. My fiancee has had vaccinations in the past (I'm not sure if she has had all the vaccinations required by USCIS). However she does not have the records of these vaccinations. She said to get new ones takes a very long time. I would hate to have to delay her medical exam to wait for new vaccination records.

Does anybody have any advice, knowledge or experience on this situation? I appreciate any input! Thank you!

Your fiancee should make an appointment for the medical asap if she hasn't already done so. there may not be very many approved clinicians who an conduct the medical (i just googled this for you: http://moscow.usembassy.gov/physicians.html). She does not need the letter from the consulate in order to book the appt and she may not get in straight away. At least for me in Australia, I only need evidence that I have an appointment in order to get the interview (i do not need to have completed the medical exam or have the results).

They will do a blood test at the medical to text for immunity to diseases and give her any she still requires (and charge her for it).

OPTIONAL

This is the list of vaccinations required for immigration later (still not sure when - i'm trying to find out myself) http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3384cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

For me, it is cheaper to get the shots here so I've done that, got the vaccination records from my own doctor and will take it to my medical and ask them to record it all on my forms so I don't need to do that again later.

hope that helps :)

Hello,

Your fiancee should make an appointment for the medical asap if she hasn't already done so. there may not be very many approved clinicians who an conduct the medical (i just googled this for you: http://moscow.usembassy.gov/physicians.html). She does not need the letter from the consulate in order to book the appt and she may not get in straight away. At least for me in Australia, I only need evidence that I have an appointment in order to get the interview (i do not need to have completed the medical exam or have the results).

They will do a blood test at the medical to text for immunity to diseases and give her any she still requires (and charge her for it).

OPTIONAL

This is the list of vaccinations required for immigration later (still not sure when - i'm trying to find out myself) http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3384cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

For me, it is cheaper to get the shots here so I've done that, got the vaccination records from my own doctor and will take it to my medical and ask them to record it all on my forms so I don't need to do that again later.

hope that helps :)

Timeline

Again, you only need the vaccinations that are required for AOS and age appropriate for you.

This link shows what is required by age: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.