ron_671

DS-230 Help Please

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I need help about with the ds-230 application for immigrant visa and alien registration. I just paid for the Immigrant Visa processing fee of $230 i was wondering about the Ds-230 form on part 2 of the form it says do not write on number 45. So we send it in without signing that part? and another question does it have to my wife that sends in the form or can i fill it up and send it in? If i am the one to send it in does her signature have to be original or can it be a scanned copy? i would really appreciate any help thanks.

Sign part1 DO NOT SIGN PART 2

Yes you can fill in the application!

No scan copy, original signature needed by the intended immigrant. In this case your wife!

It doesn't matter who mails it just get it to them.

~* GodsGift225*~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't mail the DS-230 form. Your wife brings it to the embassy and a consular officer (at the interview) will ask her to sign it in his/her presence. The consular officer will then sign and date the form as proof that it was done at the embassy.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I need help about with the ds-230 application for immigrant visa and alien registration. I just paid for the Immigrant Visa processing fee of $230 i was wondering about the Ds-230 form on part 2 of the form it says do not write on number 45. So we send it in without signing that part? and another question does it have to my wife that sends in the form or can i fill it up and send it in? If i am the one to send it in does her signature have to be original or can it be a scanned copy? i would really appreciate any help thanks.

At this point in your process, you will need to rely upon the advise of those in your same consulate. Normally, you do not sign it, and they will have yo sign it at your interview, but that may not be how your consulate processes your paperwork.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Correct. Take it with you and it will be signed there.

January 15, 2012 met on line

April 18, 2012 met in person in Cebu

April 20, 2012 proposed

May 28, 2012 filed K1

June 6, 2012 received email K1 accepted.

August 28, 2012 NOA2 approved!!!!!!!

September 21, 2012 went back for vist number 2

Had a wonderful time!

Interview set for November 6

Flying out November 3 to be together

Arrived November 4

November 6, 2013 interview and approved

November 14, 2013 picked up visa!

November 29, 2013 arrived in Anchorage

November 30, 2013 applied for marriage license

December 15, 2013 civil wedding

February 16, 2013 AOS filed

February 23, 2013 NOA 1 reviewed

April 4, 2013 Biometric appointment

May 9, 2013 AOS intervie

May 9, 2013 Approved ap, ead and green card

May 18, 2013 received Green Card, EAD and AP in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

duplicate threads have been merged and duplicate post removed. It is not necessary to post the same question more than once - just have a little patience and someone will answer. You have to give them time, especially on a holiday.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

ok thank you it says to mail it or something but let me double check

You are correct, you will mail it because you have are a CR/IR1 going through NVC.

Those that are telling you to bring it to the consulate are going through the k-1 process and do not submit documents to NVC - you do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.