nebodihome

Will these throw up red flags?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am a U.S. citizen and will be sponsoring my Colombian fiance.

1.) I am just out of grad school (2 years). Since September 2011, I have worked part time for my Company and just received/accepted a full-time offer this past week from the same Company. I meet the poverty guidelines based on my new job offer received last week, as well as on total income received in last 12 months. However, because I was just a student for most of last year, my income as indicated on my tax return for 2011 would NOT meet the guidelines. Should I wait until 2013 after filing my 2012 tax return, or is my offer of employment plus last 12 months' pay-stubs plus bank statement detailing total deposits over past year be sufficient for the I-134?

2.) I will not have much money in my actual account at time of filing. Red flag in any way?

3.) I have a lot of student loans. Any negative effect?

4.) My fiance is currently unemployed and also not a student. There is a chance this situation will persist at her time of interview in Bogota. Will this negatively affect anything?

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1)2 years of pay should be sufficient. If you are really worried get a co-sponsor.

2) No.

3) No, just just have to make over 125% of the poverty guidelines.

4) No, they couldn't care less if your fiancée was employed or not.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i'm sorta not trying to answer this one, after reading it twice,

as I've no clear indication of timeticks for the visa process, with you.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

1)2 years of pay should be sufficient. If you are really worried get a co-sponsor.

2) No.

3) No, just just have to make over 125% of the poverty guidelines.

4) No, they couldn't care less if your fiancée was employed or not.

Well, there has been 1 year of sufficient pay as of today... And I plan to send in the package in November probably, so it will be 14 months of sufficient pay at that time. But I can certainly have my employer letter stating my new, full-time offer with pay far exceeding any poverty guideline. My senses tell me it won't be a problem. The only concern is the 2011 tax return itself looks lousy since I worked only September-December of 2011 on a student part-time salary. I would like to avoid having a co-sponsor if I can.

Timeline

The I-134 is evaluated at interview day.

How many days from today , is it, till interview day ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

so, recast yer forecast, tell us what you think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You don't need the I-134 until the interview! So by that time, you will have filed your 2012 taxes more than likely, and so none of this will be a problem at all.

Just file as soon as you're ready. If November, you're looking at April or May at the soonest for an interview probably, so no problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.