tech

Embassy Receipt to K1 Interview date in Lagos Nigeria

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes from Embassy receiving NVC package for K1 Visa to actual interview date? I met my fiancee once and we only took one picture together during my visit. However, we have been communicating by phone almost every day for the past 8 months. I am concerned because we have only one picture together and I cannot travel till Middle December due to my job. When I sent my people for the traditional introduction ceremony in my absence, they took several pictures, but since I was not there, I am not sure those will be acceptable

Our K1 package was delivered to Lagos Embassy in Mid August. I am wondering if anyone can give me an approximate interview date. Has anyone been approved with little or no pictures? Please advise

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes from Embassy receiving NVC package for K1 Visa to actual interview date? I met my fiancee once and we only took one picture together during my visit. However, we have been communicating by phone almost every day for the past 8 months. I am concerned because we have only one picture together and I cannot travel till Middle December due to my job. When I sent my people for the traditional introduction ceremony in my absence, they took several pictures, but since I was not there, I am not sure those will be acceptable

Our K1 package was delivered to Lagos Embassy in Mid August. I am wondering if anyone can give me an approximate interview date. Has anyone been approved with little or no pictures? Please advise

Thanks

So you finished already your packet 3 and 4? When did you get case complete? Usually for K1's its with days of Case Complete.

As for the little evidence. This is Lagos and time together and pictures with friends and family are a must. There are others here that will chime in and talk more to you being a K1.

If you can make a visit maybe change your interview date once you get it to December to make another visit before interview. 1 picture hmmm. How long was your visit when you went? And how long ago was that 1st visit? All these are very important for any embassy, but especially Lagos for sure.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Timeline

Thanks

Another poster whose package arrived in Lagos during the same period has an interview date in mid October. So just less than two months.

You're almost there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Greetings,

I'm usually the one asking questions not giving advice,but my file left the NVC on th 8-20-12 and was received at the consulate on the 23rd. I just got his interview date this morning :yes: .. Soooo I hope that helps.. but there are many that have waited much longer... There seems to be no rhyme or reason... As far as the one time meeting. You could try and reschedule ,but hmmm do you want that wait?? I not sure how to do that one.. Just pray about and do lots of research. I Pray it all goes well for you!!

Peace,

Chi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What worked for us was we tracked to see when the package was delivered to the Embassy and then we semt an e-mail (LagosIV@state.gov) them with INS receipt number, NVC case number, Name of fiance and our birth dates, I let them know that we had already gone to the website and downloaded the contents of the packets and would like to get an interview date and with in 3 days we got a very nice reply back with the date and time of the interview. As for pics my visits were very short all 2 of them, on second trip lost all our pictures my daughter accidentally took too many pics and the phone had to be reset lost all pics from 2nd trip but thank got 1st trip all of 6 pics togather were on back up, we talk all the time, so to make up for it I submitted tons of other proof, skye chats, emails, texts, hope this helps. Good luck to all of us.

Our K1 journey

01/18/2012 - sent I-29f application/petition via USPS

01/22/2012 - package delivered - Dallas TX

01/25/2012 - NOA1

01/26/2012 - got e-mail ( application received and routed to the Vermont Service Center for processing

01/26/2012 - $340.00 payment processed

01/30/2012 - NOA1 - paper copy

01/30/2012 - sent letter to USCIS because original Receipt Notice said to verify benificiarys birthdate

02/02/2012 - letter (with correct birthdate) sent via USPS delivered - Saint Albans VT

02/09/2012 - touched

07/13/2012 - NOA2 - e-mail

07/18/2012 - NOA2 - paper copy

07/20/2012 - called - NVC / got case number

07/23/2012 - called - left NVC

07/23/2012 - mailed my package to fiance - USPS Express

07/28/2012 - fiance got text message package there

07/30/2012 - got letter NVC

07/30/2012 - Lagos Embassy received

09/21/2012 - interview

<FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt">

ticker.png

</FONT>

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What worked for us was we tracked to see when the package was delivered to the Embassy and then we semt an e-mail (LagosIV@state.gov) them with INS receipt number, NVC case number, Name of fiance and our birth dates, I let them know that we had already gone to the website and downloaded the contents of the packets and would like to get an interview date and with in 3 days we got a very nice reply back with the date and time of the interview. As for pics my visits were very short all 2 of them, on second trip lost all our pictures my daughter accidentally took too many pics and the phone had to be reset lost all pics from 2nd trip but thank got 1st trip all of 6 pics togather were on back up, we talk all the time, so to make up for it I submitted tons of other proof, skye chats, emails, texts, hope this helps. Good luck to all of us.

What website did u go to download the package 3 and 4. Please so I can be ahead of everything.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Africa:Sub-Saharan regional - topic specific to interviewing in Nigeria ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.