goodgurl

Interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

check out the lower half of the page and also check with your regional forum/portal to see

Edited by djricky4

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

When my fiance has his interview what all will he have to bring to the interview??

Copies of everything you mailed.

All the evidence: pictures, receipts of your visits, passport stamps, etc.....

He must bring himself prepared. That's the most important thing. Rehearse his interview. Overcome any red flags you may have (if any).

Read the guidelines and examine them thoughtfully. I'm a freak, I know, but I printed them out as PDF's and taped them to the walls. Then I started crossing out what I had done, what he had done, what we had ready, dates of everything we did and what was left to do. We both were that organized. You don't have to; maybe just a spreadsheet listing to do items is enough.

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

so i need to mail him copies of everything that im going to mail in the packet??

It's highly recommended. Please read the guidelines. Go to "Guides." Everything is there. Also study the red flags. Egypt is a high fraud country so getting approved isn't exactly a walk in the park.

Good luck

Timeline

where are the red flags?

Is he pushing to marry you in order to avoid military service because he believes there is an exemption for marrying a foreign spouse?

What is your age difference?

What is your religions?

Do you share a common language?

How many times have you met in person?

For how long was the visit?

How long have you known each other before marriage?

Are you of child bearing age?

Do you have children from a previous marriage?

Have you met his friends and family?

What do they think of your relationship?

Have either of you been married before?

How many times?

Are your prior marriages finalized?

Has he been petitioned before by another USC?

Have you petitioned for an immigrant before?

What is your education level compared to his?

What do you two have in common?

I'm sure others can think of more red flags and some will dismiss some of the red flags mentioned because it didn't apply to their case in their situation.

YMMV.

This post has been edited by Dr. A ♥ O: 28 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

I found this in another post..but like it list are some RED FLAGS :secret:

Timeline

where are the red flags?

You may do a search in the MENA forum and you'll find threads talking about this.

Here are a handful:

Age difference- are you older than him, but more importantly are you outside of child bearing age? (this is a big issue)

Different religions- did you convert to Islam by his request? (this is not a big issue if you're christian or jewish, but they do take it into consideration).

Previous marriages and kids- do you have children from a previous relationship? (again, it isn't a big issue, but they also look into it).

Have anyone filed for the beneficiary before? Has he applied for any visas before?

Of course, finances- do you make enough to sponsor him? if not, do you have a co-sponsor?

Does he have any family and friends in the US?

How did you meet? (this one is big and often overlooked. If a family member introduced you, it may be perceived as 'matchmaking' for immigration purposes).

How much time you spent together? How many times have you visited?

Language barriers- does he speak english fluently or do you speak arabic fluently? (this one is also a big one)

Know also, that right after the interview he may be on AP- administrative review. Virtually all males in MENA will go through thorough background checks and name checks. If they have the slightest doubt he's telling the truth, they may even visit his home. There have been extreme cases where they've found another significant other cohabitating with the beneficiary. Apparently most of these cases come from that region.

I hope this helps.

Good luck

Timeline

Is he pushing to marry you in order to avoid military service because he believes there is an exemption for marrying a foreign spouse?

What is your age difference?

What is your religions?

Do you share a common language?

How many times have you met in person?

For how long was the visit?

How long have you known each other before marriage?

Are you of child bearing age?

Do you have children from a previous marriage?

Have you met his friends and family?

What do they think of your relationship?

Have either of you been married before?

How many times?

Are your prior marriages finalized?

Has he been petitioned before by another USC?

Have you petitioned for an immigrant before?

What is your education level compared to his?

What do you two have in common?

I'm sure others can think of more red flags and some will dismiss some of the red flags mentioned because it didn't apply to their case in their situation.

YMMV.

This post has been edited by Dr. A ♥ O: 28 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

I found this in another post..but like it list are some RED FLAGS :secret:

Those are big ones I forgot. Yes, if you've met family and friends in Egypt. Two extresmes: a)you never met them because they were 'unavailable' or whatever excuse the beneficiary comes up with, or b) you met them and they are heavily involved in the marriage planning and the whole process as if pushing it to come to fruition. It comes across as 'matchmaking' for immigration purposes.

Also, they sometimes look at the educational levels

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.