IpMan55

Question on 601 Waiver

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife and I have been going through the Visa process for about 14 months now and havent been together for 20 months. We both are feeling emotionally drained, I am losing sleep and obviously this is effecting my daily work and life. I have seen her 3 times in the last 20 months and it is getting tougher as she lives in an area where she doesn't have regualr access to phone or internet. I have to send her money every month just so she can travel somewhere to call me or talk to me on the internet and skype isn't an option. I am about a month away from sending everything to lockbox but I have been considering now for sometime to just leave the the US for several months so we can spend some time together as husband and wife. I know the 601 is based on me having a job, and income, and proving hardship but is there anyway to leave the US and spend time with her and still have an approval on the 601 waiver? If not, is there any other options for us if I decide to give up everything in my life to live in Mexico with her? We would love to live in the US but we also just want to be together. My other worry partly is that I really dont have any extreme hardships other than my job and having health insurance and I am close to my family(who all are very healthy). Thank you all for your help and taking the time to read my question. God bless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
<BR>My wife and I have been going through the Visa process for about 14 months now and havent been together for 20 months. We both are feeling emotionally drained, I am losing sleep and obviously this is effecting my daily work and life. I have seen her 3 times in the last 20 months and it is getting tougher as she lives in an area where she doesn't have regualr access to phone or internet. I have to send her money every month just so she can travel somewhere to call me or talk to me on the internet and skype isn't an option. I am about a month away from sending everything to lockbox but I have been considering now for sometime to just leave the the US for several months so we can spend some time together as husband and wife. I know the 601 is based on me having a job, and income, and proving hardship but is there anyway to leave the US and spend time with her and still have an approval on the 601 waiver? If not, is there any other options for us if I decide to give up everything in my life to live in Mexico with her? We would love to live in the US but we also just want to be together. My other worry partly is that I really dont have any extreme hardships other than my job and having health insurance and I am close to my family(who all are very healthy). Thank you all for your help and taking the time to read my question. God bless<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>What is it you need a 601 Waiver for. Misrep, fraud? The hardship isn't the reason for the 601 waiver? Just wondering if you fully understand the waiver? <BR><BR>Here's a link here about the waiver <A href="http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/319-guide-i-212-and-i-601-waivers/">http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/319-guide-i-212-and-i-601-waivers/</A> Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

<BR><BR><BR>What is it you need a 601 Waiver for. Misrep, fraud? The hardship isn't the reason for the 601 waiver? Just wondering if you fully understand the waiver? <BR><BR>Here's a link here about the waiver <A href="http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/319-guide-i-212-and-i-601-waivers/">http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/319-guide-i-212-and-i-601-waivers/</A>

She entered the United States Illegally when she was 18. Therefore we are in need of completing the 601 waiver to remove the 10 year ban that has been placed on her.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Waivers forum; OP is asking about the waiver process.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

...I have been considering now for sometime to just leave the the US for several months so we can spend some time together as husband and wife.

If you leave the US for an extended period of time it will be harder to prove hardship. The point of the waiver is to show that you CANNOT move and that it would be a hardship on YOU as a USC to move there. If they see that you can travel for long periods of times or often, they will not consider that a hardship.

I-130 Sent : 6/7/11

I-130 NOA1: 6/8/11

I-130 NOA2: 1/24/12

Interview: 5/14/12 (denied- but eligible for waiver)

I-601 Waiver Filed: 5/17/12

I-601 Waiver: acceptance notice received 6/24/12

I-601 Waiver: APPROVED - letter received 7/17/12

I-212: Submitted 10/9/12

I-212: APPROVED 10/29/12

VISA IN HAND- POE- Miami 11/28/12

Total time apart: 3 years, 10 months

Admin Review total: 3 months 3 weeks

Ask your question at immigrate2us.net

Most of the members at that forum are going through the waiver process and can help answer your question.

I'm sorry you have to be separated from your wife. Good luck.

I agree. Get to immigrate2us.net, and you will get much more information about how to argue hardship in any situation.

While it is true that the waiver must prove that you cannot live in the spouse's country for the duration of the ban, there are two important things to remember.

1) The waiver also has to prove that you can not live in the US without your spouse. So obviously since you have to prove both things, you're going to wind up choosing one of those during the waiver process.

2) Once you drop everything and up and move to Mexico, you are likely to encounter lots of unforseen hardships and challenges in Mexico, especially given the circumstances you mention for your wife's living environment. Legal residence status in Mexico seems to be a big one unless you have a job lined up there. All of this proof of actual hardships can be used to bolster your waiver.

Again, see the I-601 Mexico resources on immigrate2us and you will see that plenty of petitioners move to Mexico during processing or are living there when they file and still get I-601s approved.

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you are 14 months into the visa process, you should be almost done, no? I'd at least wait it out. If you get a denial, you can think about other options.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Yeah, actually when you say "send everything to the lockbox", do you mean you're ready to submit the waiver to the lockbox? If that's the case, are you aware that the lockbox is processing waivers in under 6 weeks or so? Check out the Lockbox threads and the timeline spreadsheet on immigrate2us. It actually may not be much longer.

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Timeline

I will be sending everything later this week to my lawyer to check it over, once I get the paperwork back from them I will be sending it to the lockbox. I am guessing I will have everything sent to the lockbox in 3 weeks. I appreciate everyones help, I have a trip planned for a couple weeks to visit my wife during my birthday next month....hopefully that will be enough time for us until we get the news she can come to the US. By the way I am a frequent viewer of immigrate2us as well, I have seen the quick response times from the lockbox but also have seen some that take longer. Once again I appreciate everyone's advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.