mygrc

CFO In Manila - Which Office

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance will be staying near the embassy and taking her medical. Which CFO office in Manila shouls she go to?

St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW)

or

Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue

The Citigold Center looks closer but the COW has 3 classes per day.

Which one is easier to get to a lass?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance will be staying near the embassy and taking her medical. Which CFO office in Manila shouls she go to?

or

SMEF-COW...no limit of attendees...:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

CFO Office in Quirino Ave :)

01-26-12 - Sent the I-129f to TX

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

2013.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Important Announcement For Filipino Spouses/Partners Of Foreign Nationals

Beginning 16 July 2012, the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP) for Filipino spouses / partners of foreign nationals will be conducted by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) in its Manila and Cebu offices.

I copied and pasted this directly from the CFO web site. CFO is now doing thier own CGP. NO more contractors.

K1 Visa Timeline:

03/21/2012 Met in person

03/23/2012 Engaged

04/09/2012 I-129F mailed

04/13/2012 I-129F Received at TSC, forwarded to VSC

04/13/2012 NOA1 Date

04/13/2012 Check Cashed

04/19/2012 Received NOA1 letter

10/18/2012 NOA2-No RFE

10/23/2012 Received MNL case number from NVC

10/24/2012 Paid visa fee and scheduled interview

11/08/2012 Medical Completed

11/09/2012 CFO seminar and interview completed

11/19/2012 Interview USEM- VISA APPROVED

11/26/2012 Passport (and visa) in transit from post

11/27/2012 Visa Packet delivered/Air booked-business class all the way!!

12/05/2012 flew to Manila-CFO sticker-USA Bound

12/06/2012 Arrived USA-POE Washington DC!!!!!!!!!

12/12/2012 Wedding

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Important Announcement For Filipino Spouses/Partners Of Foreign Nationals

Beginning 16 July 2012, the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP) for Filipino spouses / partners of foreign nationals will be conducted by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) in its Manila and Cebu offices.

I copied and pasted this directly from the CFO web site. CFO is now doing thier own CGP. NO more contractors.

Do you have a name and address for this office...???

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

or

If you are doing it now - COW. After September 16th COW will be closed, they already closed PRISM.

Read the CFO website

CFO:

ALL exiting required to attend. There have been changes regarding CFO so for sure read through their website.

http://www.philembassy.no/sites/default/files/downloads/new_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

If you are doing it now - COW. After September 16th COW will be closed, they already closed PRISM.

Read the CFO website

CFO:

ALL exiting required to attend. There have been changes regarding CFO so for sure read through their website.

http://www.philembassy.no/sites/default/files/downloads/new_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

I just hope those who attended 9 months ago will still be able to get their passport sticker.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just hope those who attended 9 months ago will still be able to get their passport sticker.

If you have the certificate from attending you have no issues, just stop by CFO with your passport after you get your visa, takes about 30 minutes.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

If you have the certificate from attending you have no issues, just stop by CFO with your passport after you get your visa, takes about 30 minutes.

Yes....she still have the blue certificate of attendance....Thank you Hank for your reassurance.

I went to SMEF-COW earlier and the business will stop on SEPTEMBER 15.

so if she goes now then Good. only took 2hrs session,.. afternoon session is 1:30

she needs to bring:

BC

NBI

Copies of Passport and her passport as well

Black Ballpen

the only thing that delays the time is those Bank Agents offering to open an

account. But, didn't entertain them cuz my lil girl tag along and already

bored.

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

Filed: Timeline

st.mary is better less crowded compare to the one in quirino ave my fiance waste time going to quirino ave he didn't get any spot to take his seminar. they told him to go st.mary he got in :thumbs:

st.mary's documentation they need.

* NBI 2 copies

* passport 2 copies

* birth certificate 1 copy.

hours of seminar in this CFO location.

* 9am

* 11am

* 1:30pm

goodluck!!!

Edited by takis

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Timeline

st.mary is better less crowded compare to the one in quirino ave my fiance waste time going to quirino ave he didn't get any spot to take his seminar. they told him to go st.mary he got in :thumbs:

st.mary's documentation they need.

* NBI 2 copies

* passport 2 copies

* birth certificate 1 copy.

hours of seminar in this CFO location.

* 9am

* 11am

* 1:30pm

goodluck!!!

THanks,

Everyone says for my fiance to bring a copy of my divorce decree and birth certificate. Does she need a copy to leave with them or just to show them?

Thanks.

THanks,

Everyone says for my fiance to bring a copy of my divorce decree and birth certificate. Does she need a copy to leave with them or just to show them?

Thanks.

Yes she needs a copy of your divorce decree as well as she needs to know your complete address (I have noticed during my session some ladies got no knowledge of their fiance's home address or other personal detail, and also she needs your mobile and land line number (work or home), and your mother's complete Maiden Name.

Our Time Line
CR-1/CR-2

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

Timeline

Yes she needs a copy of your divorce decree as well as she needs to know your complete address (I have noticed during my session some ladies got no knowledge of their fiance's home address or other personal detail, and also she needs your mobile and land line number (work or home), and your mother's complete Maiden Name.

Thank you for the reply. Does she need to have a copy of the decree that she can leave or just a copy to show them? It is not easy for her to make copies of long documents where she lives.

Timeline

Thank you for the reply. Does she need to have a copy of the decree that she can leave or just a copy to show them? It is not easy for her to make copies of long documents where she lives.

And one more question. If she takes the CFO class in Manila, can she get the sticker in Cebu after she receives her visa?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.