Maria & Aaron

income evidence I-864

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everybody,

All the information and comments on this forum have been very helpful. Thanks!!!

We are in process of i-130. And have a doubt about evidence needed for a joint sponsor. My mother-in-law, who is retired, but does not file taxes. She meets the requirements. What documents could we use as proof of her income? Can anyone tell us?

We know that the co-sponsor must show tax returns for three years, and were in the understanding that in lack of these returns, her bank account statement and/or income letters would suffice. Letters showing her social security and pension payments. Is this correct? Or what else would we need?

Thanks for your help!!!

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

In order to qualify, your MIL would have to present the tax transcripts - obtained from the IRS - for the last three years and also proof of her current income.

She can either backfile her taxes and once that is done obtain the transcripts or you may need to look for another co-sponsor.

You can find out more about the I-864 here: http://www.uscis.gov/i-864

Good luck!

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

*Duplicate thread removed. OP please do not start multiple threads for the same question. Keep the conversation in one place*

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

In order to qualify, your MIL would have to present the tax transcripts - obtained from the IRS - for the last three years and also proof of her current income.

She can either backfile her taxes and once that is done obtain the transcripts or you may need to look for another co-sponsor.

You can find out more about the I-864 here: http://www.uscis.gov/i-864

Good luck!

Thank you very much!!! That's what we wanted to know! We found out she does have tax returns for 2009 and 2010. We'll just need to backfile for 2011.

*Duplicate thread removed. OP please do not start multiple threads for the same question. Keep the conversation in one place*

Thanks a lot! We're going to order them on line! Sorry 'bout the double thread!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello everybody,

All the information and comments on this forum have been very helpful. Thanks!!!

We are in process of i-130. And have a doubt about evidence needed for a joint sponsor. My mother-in-law, who is retired, but does not file taxes. She meets the requirements. What documents could we use as proof of her income? Can anyone tell us?

We know that the co-sponsor must show tax returns for three years, and were in the understanding that in lack of these returns, her bank account statement and/or income letters would suffice. Letters showing her social security and pension payments. Is this correct? Or what else would we need?

Thanks for your help!!!

If she is required to file, she must file and provide at least the 2011 tax return. If the affidavit of support is provided after April 2013, she'll need at least the 2012 return. The affidavit also requires information from three tax returns.

NOTE: Tax returns are not evidence of CURRENT income. She should also provide award letters from Social Security and her pension plan indicating her current income. She'll also need to provide evidence of US Citizenship. (Passport copy or copy of Certified Copy of Birth Certificate)

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

If she is required to file, she must file and provide at least the 2011 tax return. If the affidavit of support is provided after April 2013, she'll need at least the 2012 return. The affidavit also requires information from three tax returns.

NOTE: Tax returns are not evidence of CURRENT income. She should also provide award letters from Social Security and her pension plan indicating her current income. She'll also need to provide evidence of US Citizenship. (Passport copy or copy of Certified Copy of Birth Certificate)

Thanks for the Info!!! Will do!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.