goodgurl

passport expiration

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You mean send a copy in as part of your petition?

While Gowon's point may be considered simplistic, it by all accounts is a very valid point.

Please do not send in your passport. Send in copies of all pages of your passport, even the blank ones.

The reason behind this is to show USCIS that you are not hiding anything.

Good luck

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

My passport expires on 01/24/2017 will that be ok to send in?

Not sure what you are asking, but I sent in COPIES of my passport which expires in 2018 and copies of my wife's passport which expires in 2020. As the other posters have said, you need to send a complete copy of your current passport and copies of anything in an old passport which helps prove your case.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

While Gowon's point may be considered simplistic, it by all accounts is a very valid point.

Please do not send in your passport. Send in copies of all pages of your passport, even the blank ones.

The reason behind this is to show USCIS that you are not hiding anything.

Good luck

What Que Saudade said + since, by your profile, it says that you are the beneficiary... and you might be referring to "sending your passport" as in giving it to the Embassy.. then the expiration of your passport is long enough for them to stamp the visa in it.

Only TAKE/GIVE your passport to the Embassy in person and do not send it via mail unless instructed by the Embassy otherwise (I was asked to mail my passport to the Embassy so I know it's a possibility).

Timeline

For the interview you need a passport valid for at least 6 months. Work on getting a new one.

It's fine! Don't worry about it good.gif

good.gif

OK, to clear things up, the instructions for the I-129F on the 5 year validity rule is for when the US citizen is using the passport in lieu of birth certificate,, certificate of naturalization, or original certificate of citizenship. (Step 2 instruction 3 "what documents do you need to show that you are a US citizen")

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

Yes, you are.

As Celeste & C said.........."Yes you are"

As a side note, it is obvious you are not very familiar with the PDF instructions for I-129F. Link here I am not being condescending at all. The fact is, the answer was clear in the instructions. When all else fails, do what the instructions on the form says. My main advice to anyone starting this process is 3-fold. #1-read #2-read #3-read

Additionally, I would highly recommend that you get very familiar with the K1 process through the reading of guides and instructions for future forms. It will give you peace of mind by knowing what the instructions actually say versus what someone is telling you.

Have you ever seen the movie "Jerry Maguire?" SHOW ME THE MONEY..... Well here you can say "Show me where it says that on USCIS."

My signature has links to K1 Guide..... K1 AOS...... use this site to your advantage.

Best of luck on your journey. If you ever need clarification, do not hesitate to post the question.

P.S. Also, you may want to make contact with others in the Egypt portal to understand what you are facing in regards to immigration from Egypt.

Your wait may be longer than others. I hate to bring it up, but I feel like you should be aware of the potential.

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

thanks sooooo much guys!!! we are getting ready for the process as i am waiting on a divorce that will be final on sept 10 and then we will be busy getting this process going so im sure you guys will see me posting more on the forum and i have been doing research hoping we getting everything right!!!! thanks again for all your help u guys rock!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.