madtownguy

shots

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know the list of immunizations you need when everything is all said and done? It seems to make more sense to do them in the Philippines rather than give up your first child to have them done in the US. I'm assuming for those any doctor will do not just the one they give the exam at.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

St. Luke's knows which shots are required and will give those vaccinations, all part of the cost of the medical exam. Don't worry about a list.

Sometimes when you are doing the AOS after arriving in the States the civil surgeon will want to give a vaccination, but that varies.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Apparently, from many other threads I have read from the Philippines, St Luke will give you all the shots (sometimes even if you've had them before). No need for the list, as Hank said, they will load you up.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know the list of immunizations you need when everything is all said and done? It seems to make more sense to do them in the Philippines rather than give up your first child to have them done in the US. I'm assuming for those any doctor will do not just the one they give the exam at.

My experience is that Saint Lukes will give you most of the shots, but I have found out that the second Varicella and Tetanus are still required before a civil surgeon will sign off on the vaccination portion of the I-693. Also when calling around and dealing with USCIS approved Civil Surgeons, explain that you only need the vaccination transcribed for the I-693, fax them a copy of the DS-3025 so they can identify the remaining shots needed and inform them that your fiancee, now wife had her complete physical at Saint Lukes in order to get her K1 VISA and it is good for one year or they will try to make your wife take another physical, which is expensive. My vaccination transcription fee at the Civil Surgeon I went to was only $25.00. Fee may vary by Civil Surgeon, but it should never go higher than $50.00, so call around for the best deal. Good luck.

Edited by RickJovi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Apparently, from many other threads I have read from the Philippines, St Luke will give you all the shots (sometimes even if you've had them before). No need for the list, as Hank said, they will load you up.

Welcome to pain :devil:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.