cookie y cookie

Newbie with some minor questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello all. I'm new here and I've been looking through the forums for many days. However I have two questions that still aren't clear to me from all the commentary. Anyone willing to help me out?

1) Is it essential that the initial I-129F pack be sent through USPS or Fedex? I was wondering if it's ok to send by regular mail. Currently running on a tight budget and know this entire process is going to be quite expensive!

2) Some of my supporting evidence of an ongoing relationship (e.g. cards, emails, chats) and evidence that we met in the past two years (e.g. hotel receipts, even receipts) are in Spanish. Do I have to translate all of them? And is it ok if I translate them myself? I'm bilingual in Spanish and English. I understand that when it comes to birth certificates etc it would be good to get someone else to translate but since these items aren't as "official" I'm not sure if I need an official translator. OR if they even need to be translated since again, they aren't government issued documents.

Thanks to anyone who can help! I'm SO nervous!!! :wacko:

K1 Visa approved after 7 months and 24 days :D:) <3

Please, please, please, let me get what I want! ...got it [almost!] next step visa interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all. I'm new here and I've been looking through the forums for many days. However I have two questions that still aren't clear to me from all the commentary. Anyone willing to help me out?

1) Is it essential that the initial I-129F pack be sent through USPS or Fedex? I was wondering if it's ok to send by regular mail. Currently running on a tight budget and know this entire process is going to be quite expensive!

2) Some of my supporting evidence of an ongoing relationship (e.g. cards, emails, chats) and evidence that we met in the past two years (e.g. hotel receipts, even receipts) are in Spanish. Do I have to translate all of them? And is it ok if I translate them myself? I'm bilingual in Spanish and English. I understand that when it comes to birth certificates etc it would be good to get someone else to translate but since these items aren't as "official" I'm not sure if I need an official translator. OR if they even need to be translated since again, they aren't government issued documents.

Thanks to anyone who can help! I'm SO nervous!!! :wacko:

First of all.. Hi! and Good luck to your journey.. This is what i did.

1. You can send it by regular mail as long as it goes through. But the thing is, if you want to be sure that it goes through, you can use USPS with tracking number service. I used the flat rate envelope and i think it was $5.99 only. Aside from using the flat rate, it doesn't matter how much it weighs. I think fedex is more expensive.

2. I didn't need to translate in english all the proofs that i have, though receipts were in english, but the card, emails, send it as it is. maybe for the following chat/email, use some english words such as "i love you" coz you need more proofs during interview itself. I believe you only need to translate for special documents such as birth certificate and letter of employment, bank statements or something like that.

3. You'll be fine.. Just make sure you followed the checklist that this website has. Don't forget to make copies of whatever you're sending them.

I'm just sharing what i did when i sent mine.

****** Whatever comments i post are based only on what I've done or experienced during this journey. ******

And we should be here to help each other.

Peace out! =)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

#1- No not essential. If you send it USPS, make sure you get the receipt to prove it was delivered. You want to be able to track your package.

#2- Ongoing relationship evidence is not required for the I-129F petition. It typically is given at the consulate during the K1 interview.

For the I-129F, you have to prove the meeting face to face within last 2 years. The best evidence is your passport entry and exit stamps, boarding passes for those trips, several photos of you two together over different days. (3 in the same day no0pb.gif), copies of your hotel receipts do not have to be translated. The receipt should have your name on it along with the name of the establishment and the dates you stayed there. If you have credit card receipts showing that you paid for that hotel on those dates would be additional evidence also.

If you have this evidence, you will be fine.

Good luck

P.S. many people talk about sending in all this evidence with the I-129F petition. Most of those needing to do so typically are going through high fraud consulates. They want to make sure there evidence is attached to their petition. This is not the case for every single I-129F petition. Argentina is a straight forward process. Read reviews for the consulate here.. Learn how to search out the information that is going to help yougood.gif

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks very much for the quick responses! I'm just trying to get everything right the first time you know? **takes a deep breath** :D

K1 Visa approved after 7 months and 24 days :D:) <3

Please, please, please, let me get what I want! ...got it [almost!] next step visa interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks very much for the quick responses! I'm just trying to get everything right the first time you know? **takes a deep breath** :D

General advice from what I read when I started was front load the petition with everything, make several complete copies.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

#1- No not essential. If you send it USPS, make sure you get the receipt to prove it was delivered. You want to be able to track your package.

#2- Ongoing relationship evidence is not required for the I-129F petition. It typically is given at the consulate during the K1 interview.

For the I-129F, you have to prove the meeting face to face within last 2 years. The best evidence is your passport entry and exit stamps, boarding passes for those trips, several photos of you two together over different days. (3 in the same day no0pb.gif), copies of your hotel receipts do not have to be translated. The receipt should have your name on it along with the name of the establishment and the dates you stayed there. If you have credit card receipts showing that you paid for that hotel on those dates would be additional evidence also.

If you have this evidence, you will be fine.

Good luck

P.S. many people talk about sending in all this evidence with the I-129F petition. Most of those needing to do so typically are going through high fraud consulates. They want to make sure there evidence is attached to their petition. This is not the case for every single I-129F petition. Argentina is a straight forward process. Read reviews for the consulate here.. Learn how to search out the information that is going to help yougood.gif

:thumbs: And make 2 duplicates of everything you sent. One you will send to your fiancee when going to the interview and one you keep for yourself incase of lost mail.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

General advice from what I read when I started was front load the petition with everything, make several complete copies.

Here again, depending on the country. Not a catch all for every single petition.

They never looked at our ongoing relationship material. Not once. But we had it with us ready to give them in the K1 interview should they have asked. In fact we had about 20 pages worth of evidence. Not one piece in the I-129F petition.

But, if this were Lagos, this would be a different response. Lagos is known for high incidence of fraud. By all means, front load your petition.

To the OP: if it makes you feel better, by all means go ahead. But not required for the I-129F petition to be approved.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.