arceva

5 years old son positive in TST

15 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

guys i'm so stress on thinking of what will be the result of my son cheast x-ray. the nurse told me that they still need to wait for the 2nd reading to finalize the result. i was get confused why is it still need to go this far if the first reading is ok.i can't stop thinking getting so much worry.I was already done in my med.exam but my son needs to come back on tuesday for the result,if ok then he will be immunize. i hope he will be fine. i can't see anything that my son is unhealthy in fact he never get colds fever flu or any decease especially what they call TB. none of our history or society so i can't imagine upon on what i have understand on the guy at the 3rd floor check out counter that the first reading is not enough to tell, that's why they need to wait for the 2nd reading before they release the result. but before they they said that they can say if the child is for immunization on the first reading only when they asked me if i can wait until 4-6pm to know if my son is surely for immunization but they don't. i'm highly confident that my son is ok because i am the one who is taking care of him and i always make sure that i give the best to him...so how come it goes to something like this.the situations is bothering me so much,until tuesday to know the next step. please guys enlightend me about, is a 5 year old kid is possible to get a bad result even that kid is healthy as far as your concern? sorry if my question is medyo nakakalito, meron po dito sa atin na positive TST ang anak at nagkaroon ng finding sa cheast x-ray? please helpme. i can't sleep with out clear on my mind...i'm very very worrying and very fell sad for my son. please share me your experience. anything is very much appreciated. thank you

Edited by arceva

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do not worry so much about the skin test.

He did not show positive, so he is probably very much ok.

And even if he has been exposed to TB, they have treatment for that.

Not to worry, your son will be just fine.

Timeline

guys i'm so stress on thinking of what will be the result of my son cheast x-ray. the nurse told me that they still need to wait for the 2nd reading to finalize the result. i was get confused why is it still need to go this far if the first reading is ok.i can't stop thinking getting so much worry.I was already done in my med.exam but my son needs to come back on tuesday for the result,if ok then he will be immunize. i hope he will be fine. i can't see anything that my son is unhealthy in fact he never get colds fever flu or any decease especially what they call TB. none of our history or society so i can't imagine upon on what i have understand on the guy at the 3rd floor check out counter that the first reading is not enough to tell, that's why they need to wait for the 2nd reading before they release the result. but before they they said that they can say if the child is for immunization on the first reading only when they asked me if i can wait until 4-6pm to know if my son is surely for immunization but they don't. i'm highly confident that my son is ok because i am the one who is taking care of him and i always make sure that i give the best to him...so how come it goes to something like this.the situations is bothering me so much,until tuesday to know the next step. please guys enlightend me about, is a 5 year old kid is possible to get a bad result even that kid is healthy as far as your concern? sorry if my question is medyo nakakalito, meron po dito sa atin na positive TST ang anak at nagkaroon ng finding sa cheast x-ray? please helpme. i can't sleep with out clear on my mind...i'm very very worrying and very fell sad for my son. please share me your experience. anything is very much appreciated. thank you

Hi.Don't worry, they just need to have further test with TB as PI is TB prone even if your son did not get one. If the skin test for TB would turn out positive but the xray negative, they would send an advise upon your entry to the US that he be given treatment.

Our prayers for you and your son!

PD July 2011

NOA2: March 2012

AOS Fee: July 2012

IV Bill :October 2012

Timeline

thank you guys. but one thing if ever he has a problem on cheast xray do you guys know or aware of how long is the treatment? we've been apart by her mom and sisters for about almost 3 years.we are hoping that this time my family be together again.two sad things gonna might happen, about my son's health and the frustrations not to be with my whole loved ones soon caused by the delay. please pray for me and thank you again. god bless us all. hopefully i may get a good news on tuesday.

Timeline

thank you guys. but one thing if ever he has a problem on cheast xray do you guys know or aware of how long is the treatment? we've been apart by her mom and sisters for about almost 3 years.we are hoping that this time my family be together again.two sad things gonna might happen, about my son's health and the frustrations not to be with my whole loved ones soon caused by the delay. please pray for me and thank you again. god bless us all. hopefully i may get a good news on tuesday.

If the first xray turned out negative, the second one should be negative,too. I think the second xray is to rule out that he is not sypmtomatic of TB. Treatment usually takes 6 months.

Don't worry too much about it. The thing that you should make your son get conditioned to are the vaccines. They give 3 or 4 shots of vaccines all in one day. :(

PD July 2011

NOA2: March 2012

AOS Fee: July 2012

IV Bill :October 2012

From my understanding it sounds like most kids will have a positive skin test, so at this point it is nothing to be concerned about yet. If the x-ray shows signs of TB then I believe they do a sputum culture which takes 8 weeks. After the 8 weeks they will look at the culture to decide if there is TB and then your son would need to go on the medication for it which would last 6 months.

If that is the case it is certainly not ideal but look at it this way - if they decide your son does show signs of TB then it is good it was caught so it can be treated. It doesn't sound like he was showing any signs of being sick so the chances are slim it would have been caught any other way.

But everything may be just fine and this will turn out to be just a minor bump in the road.

Good luck on Tuesday :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm in the same situation. 5 year old girl positive skin TB test. Now she is waiting for x-ray results to be given on Tuesday. If that is positive then like a previous poster said, I think there is a 7 or 8 week sputum test given. After that if positive then 6 months of treatment during which the child must be living in Manila the entire time to go to SLEC for treatment each day or week.

Please post your further experience here and I will do the same so that we can educate each other about the process.

Timeline

I'm in the same situation. 5 year old girl positive skin TB test. Now she is waiting for x-ray results to be given on Tuesday. If that is positive then like a previous poster said, I think there is a 7 or 8 week sputum test given. After that if positive then 6 months of treatment during which the child must be living in Manila the entire time to go to SLEC for treatment each day or week.

Please post your further experience here and I will do the same so that we can educate each other about the process.

lets keep praying that all of us will be ok. coz i can't imagine to go that far. i hope not. please lord jesus help us. crosssfingers!

Your post is kinda confusing but i hope i understand it right. Here is my point of view. I had 2 kids ages 13 and 8yrs old that time when they had their medical exam at st. lukes. One of my child has positive skin test. Even if the skin test is positive and the xray result is negative then u are okay. Just pray that the xray is negative.

It is very common for us to have the positive on tb skin test. Pray na lng na negative ung xray result or if she has signs of TB pray that the consul will still issue her the visa and have the treatment here in the US.

My friend also has 2 kids. She was able to bring with her only one of her child coz the other one had to stay to complete the 9 month medication at St. Lukes.

I was lucky enough that i was able to bring my 2 kids and my daughter was issued a visa but she had to do her 9 month medication here in the US for Free which she already completed.

Pray that the xray result is negative. Prayers ,prayers.There is nothing impossible with him.

Timeline

We've been in that situation before,...

Like you, I was so worried as hell,.. But my wife who is a nurse in the US,

was pretty confident that my son would be cleared after testing positive on the TST,

according to her, most children from our country would always become positive or

would often give a FALSE-POSITIVE result on that test because of the BCG vaccine

given to them during their baby years, and she was right, my son was cleared and was given

the needed vaccines, the only hassle was going back and forth to SLEC for the result

and the immunizations,...

You can't do anything but wait, might as well calm down and pray,

this time, and like in any other procedure soon, it will be beyond your control,..

jut hope for the best and pray,...

Good luck...

PD ~ June 18, 2009

IMMIGRANT VISA APPROVED ~ March 15, 2012

VISA ON HAND ~ March 21, 2012

TOUCHDOWN California ~ April 8, 2012

GREEN CARD ON HAND ~ April 27, 2012

DMV Written ~ May 1, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

DMV Actual ~ May 21, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

California Driver's License ON HAND - June 11, 2012

Timeline

We've been in that situation before,...

Like you, I was so worried as hell,.. But my wife who is a nurse in the US,

was pretty confident that my son would be cleared after testing positive on the TST,

according to her, most children from our country would always become positive or

would often give a FALSE-POSITIVE result on that test because of the BCG vaccine

given to them during their baby years, and she was right, my son was cleared and was given

the needed vaccines, the only hassle was going back and forth to SLEC for the result

and the immunizations,...

You can't do anything but wait, might as well calm down and pray,

this time, and like in any other procedure soon, it will be beyond your control,..

jut hope for the best and pray,...

Good luck...

thanks my friend.

Timeline

Your post is kinda confusing but i hope i understand it right. Here is my point of view. I had 2 kids ages 13 and 8yrs old that time when they had their medical exam at st. lukes. One of my child has positive skin test. Even if the skin test is positive and the xray result is negative then u are okay. Just pray that the xray is negative.

It is very common for us to have the positive on tb skin test. Pray na lng na negative ung xray result or if she has signs of TB pray that the consul will still issue her the visa and have the treatment here in the US.

My friend also has 2 kids. She was able to bring with her only one of her child coz the other one had to stay to complete the 9 month medication at St. Lukes.

I was lucky enough that i was able to bring my 2 kids and my daughter was issued a visa but she had to do her 9 month medication here in the US for Free which she already completed.

Pray that the xray result is negative. Prayers ,prayers.There is nothing impossible with him.

My fiance might also leave her daughter to complete treatment if it is needed. She already lives with her grandmother so she would keep her during treatment. Did you go for your Visa interview at U.S. Embassy with your medical clearance as normal then later do your child's K-2 as an attachment to your K-1? I read online that it is possible do attach the K-2 to K-1 within 1 year for a child. Will U.S. Embassy let you keep your scheduled K-1 appointment even if a K-2 child doesn't have medical clearance yet? Thanks for any insight and advice about this.

Timeline

My fiance might also leave her daughter to complete treatment if it is needed. She already lives with her grandmother so she would keep her during treatment. Did you go for your Visa interview at U.S. Embassy with your medical clearance as normal then later do your child's K-2 as an attachment to your K-1? I read online that it is possible do attach the K-2 to K-1 within 1 year for a child. Will U.S. Embassy let you keep your scheduled K-1 appointment even if a K-2 child doesn't have medical clearance yet? Thanks for any insight and advice about this.

Poster is under F2A category,...

PD ~ June 18, 2009

IMMIGRANT VISA APPROVED ~ March 15, 2012

VISA ON HAND ~ March 21, 2012

TOUCHDOWN California ~ April 8, 2012

GREEN CARD ON HAND ~ April 27, 2012

DMV Written ~ May 1, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

DMV Actual ~ May 21, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

California Driver's License ON HAND - June 11, 2012

Are u asking me? I came here on a K1 visa and few years later my USC husband file an I-130 for my two kids which was really our original plan before i even started the k1.

Timeline

Are u asking me? I came here on a K1 visa and few years later my USC husband file an I-130 for my two kids which was really our original plan before i even started the k1.

Oh I see. How was the I-130 process? Difficult or pretty easy? Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.