Michael-Moneth

Adoption Questions...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I really don't know if it is right to put this topic here coz i know not everyone can relate but i know that in one way or another i can get answers from here.

My fiance applied for a K1 visa and it is still on process now.. if things will go right and i get approved, I will be traveling with my daughter who will be on a k2 visa. Just earlier today we talk about what will be best for my daughter so we came to a point that we talk about of him adopting her. We really don't know the exact process of adoption in the United States. So im here to ask what things or documents do i have to prepare here in the Philippines so we can go about the Adoption process once we get to the US.. We just want to prepare the necessary documents now.

I would really be glad and appreciate it if anyone can share their insight or can give me an answer... Thanks...

When TWO HEARTS are meant for each other, NO DISTANCE is TOO FAR... NO TIME is TOO LONG... and NO OTHER LOVE can BREAK THEM APART...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We're in the same situation, so I'd be interested in what you find out.

January 15, 2012 met on line

April 18, 2012 met in person in Cebu

April 20, 2012 proposed

May 28, 2012 filed K1

June 6, 2012 received email K1 accepted.

August 28, 2012 NOA2 approved!!!!!!!

September 21, 2012 went back for vist number 2

Had a wonderful time!

Interview set for November 6

Flying out November 3 to be together

Arrived November 4

November 6, 2013 interview and approved

November 14, 2013 picked up visa!

November 29, 2013 arrived in Anchorage

November 30, 2013 applied for marriage license

December 15, 2013 civil wedding

February 16, 2013 AOS filed

February 23, 2013 NOA 1 reviewed

April 4, 2013 Biometric appointment

May 9, 2013 AOS intervie

May 9, 2013 Approved ap, ead and green card

May 18, 2013 received Green Card, EAD and AP in mail

Timeline

We're in the same situation, so I'd be interested in what you find out.

yeah im really hoping someone here can give me an advice on the right thing to do and right documents to prepare..

while searching online, i kinda came across this site so hope this will be of help to you too..

http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-adoption.htm#2

When TWO HEARTS are meant for each other, NO DISTANCE is TOO FAR... NO TIME is TOO LONG... and NO OTHER LOVE can BREAK THEM APART...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Philippines regional forum; topic is not about the K1 visa process itself.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Country:
Timeline

In the US adoption varies by state but most of them have provisions for step-parent adoption, that's what you need to research.

Hello Everyone!

I really don't know if it is right to put this topic here coz i know not everyone can relate but i know that in one way or another i can get answers from here.

My fiance applied for a K1 visa and it is still on process now.. if things will go right and i get approved, I will be traveling with my daughter who will be on a k2 visa. Just earlier today we talk about what will be best for my daughter so we came to a point that we talk about of him adopting her. We really don't know the exact process of adoption in the United States. So im here to ask what things or documents do i have to prepare here in the Philippines so we can go about the Adoption process once we get to the US.. We just want to prepare the necessary documents now.

I would really be glad and appreciate it if anyone can share their insight or can give me an answer... Thanks...

This would be a Step Parent Adoption, its more easier compare to 3rd party adoption. I guess the document that

you will need for this is the Baptismal Certificate and NSO copy of child's Birth Certificate.

does your daughter still see or have any communication with her bio-father? or was the bio-father

acknowledge your daughter in her BC? if the bio-father is not indicated in your child's BC then its

more easier for the court to decide.

so far that's what I've learn. Good Luck to you and your daughter!

just don't forget to PRAY! :thumbs:

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2
---------------------------

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

Timeline

Her dad is indicated in her birth certificate and signed the aknowledgement of paternity but he haven't really seen her since she was still 6 months old. he does not support her financially too. i raise my child all by myself. do i have to get his consent or should i let him sign a legal document that he is giving up his paternity or something?

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Her dad is indicated in her birth certificate and signed the aknowledgement of paternity but he haven't really seen her since she was still 6 months old. he does not support her financially too. i raise my child all by myself. do i have to get his consent or should i let him sign a legal document that he is giving up his paternity or something?

When the time for adoption comes you will provide the court with his last known address and a notice of the adoption will be sent to him (via a trackable carrier to prove attempted delivery). Most states will allow the bio dad 30 days to respond, if he fails to respond then the adoption will proceed without him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.