Kap

K1 visa- Hepatitis B interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone, I need help and advice from anybody on this forum please. My fiancée has filed for the K1 fiancé visa and l just realised am hepatitis B positive. I just want someone to help me with a valid and authentic information if it is going to affect my visa or best saying, will l be rejected or refused a visa. Is hepatitis B amongst the categories of diseases of public health significance. Thanks for your enormous contribution.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you're already vaccinated, it should no longer be a problem.

check this link out: where someone already asked this question

Check out this link http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/222186-hepatitis-b-reason-for-visa-denial/page__view__findpost__p__3385132

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Check out this link http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/222186-hepatitis-b-reason-for-visa-denial/page__view__findpost__p__3385132

Please,do u have some valuable information. The doctor told the viral load is low but it is contagious. Will that make my visa denied

Hi everyone, I need help and advice from anybody on this forum please. My fiancée has filed for the K1 fiancé visa and l just realised am hepatitis B positive. I just want someone to help me with a valid and authentic information if it is going to affect my visa or best saying, will l be rejected or refused a visa. Is hepatitis B amongst the categories of diseases of public health significance. Thanks for your enormous contribution.

You or your fiance can write the US Consular officer or the examining physician that your USC fiance is aware of it.

Once a person was infected by Hepa B virus, vaccine will no longer effective because it is only to protect a person from being infected and not to treat it.:)

Hi everyone, please is the any one out there who is hepatitis B positive has gone in for K1 fiancé visa interview? Please l desperately need so first hand advice on how it works and to know if l will be denied a visa from Africa. Or best still can anyone help me with information on this? Thanks a lot.

Posted Today, 04:05 PM

Hi everyone, please is the any one out there who is hepatitis B positive has gone in for K1 fiancé visa interview? Please l desperately need so first hand advice on how it works and to know if l will be denied a visa from Africa. Or best still can anyone help me with information on this? Thanks a lot.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have asked this question on three different threads. Get it treated and it shouldn't be a problem.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi., im in the same sex couple and im from phillipines, we recieve already the Noa2 and my medical exam is the next to do,. im hepa B ositive, is it might get my visa refusal? pls pls pls , badly need your advice/opinion. so so worried now :( :( :(

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

for the record that makes me happy... at first i went to pedia doctor cause that kind of doctor who's experts and most active for vaccination,. at first, the pedia doctor ask me to under go examination for my hepa b panel and as she conclude about my examination, she said that im hepa b positive, that day make my world down and hopeless,. but i decided to under go for another examination for my hepa B panel and ask for another opinion to GASTROENTEROLOGIST doctor that expert to Liver problem.,.. first, the nurse check everything blood pressure etc.. when the nurse ask me that why i look so nervous? i answered, this is my second time to ask about my hepa b problem cause at first my Pedia doctor said that im positive of it... then the nurse said,. NO!!!! you DONT!!! that two words makes me smiled and happy, but she followed words says, im not sure, im not into giving such conclusion, just wait for your turn until my doctor gonna says something about it.. and yes!!! the GASTROENTEROLOGIST said that im not positive but im immune of it,. he said that i was infected but my immune kills it cause i got a strong immune system so need for hepa b vaccine... the last words i heard from the doctor was... GO FOR YOUR DREAMS CAUSE YOUR NOT POSITIVE AND KEEP PRAYING....woooooooooooooow

lesson learn.... dont lose hope instead look for idea...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread closed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.