JnRnH

date of birth change

5 posts in this topic

how do i go about having nvc changing the date of birth for my wife. her real date of birth is on jan10 but it was documented at the nso as jan19. need help before i send in my packets please.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

if her birth cert from NSO says 19 then you should go by that becoz changing her b-date at NSO office can take alot of time delays and money too

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

how do i go about having nvc changing the date of birth for my wife. her real date of birth is on jan10 but it was documented at the nso as jan19. need help before i send in my packets please.

Which date of birth does NVC have now? If they have January 10. Email the a scan of her NSO birth certificate and ask them to change it to Jan 19, unless you want to delay your process until after she can correct the date NSO has.

My wife's family changed her daughter's date of birth on her records when she was a child, so she could attend school a year earlier. Later, when they wanted to correct it back prior to immigration, it was going to be more trouble than her well connected family was willing to go through, so she just immigrated with date on her Chinese public records, an has all ID in the fake date of birth. It's really not an issue except for when she gets to take advantage of free birthday meals etc. at restaurants in the USA. We celebrate her correct date of birth.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Which date of birth does NVC have now? If they have January 10. Email the a scan of her NSO birth certificate and ask them to change it to Jan 19, unless you want to delay your process until after she can correct the date NSO has.

My wife's family changed her daughter's date of birth on her records when she was a child, so she could attend school a year earlier. Later, when they wanted to correct it back prior to immigration, it was going to be more trouble than her well connected family was willing to go through, so she just immigrated with date on her Chinese public records, an has all ID in the fake date of birth. It's really not an issue except for when she gets to take advantage of free birthday meals etc. at restaurants in the USA. We celebrate her correct date of birth.

can't i just send my ds 230 forms along with a copy of the correct nso birth date together???

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

can't i just send my ds 230 forms along with a copy of the correct nso birth date together???

You didn't answer my question. If the NSO certificate is the correct date or you're willing to use it, yes but you'll need to call their attention to the change.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.