J & L

Vermont vs California.

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've heard about Vermont being slower than California... do I get to chose where to send my application?

I've only found 2 addresses, both in Texas, where I'm supposed to send the docs...

Sad as it may seem but you have no choice on where to send your application. After you send your application to Dallas Lockbox, they will be responsible as to where they will send it. Either Vermont or California.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've heard about Vermont being slower than California... do I get to chose where to send my application?

I've only found 2 addresses, both in Texas, where I'm supposed to send the docs...

What type of visa are you applying for?

~K1 Visa~
March 10, 2012 - Mailed I-129F
March 15, 2012 - NOA1 received
July 24, 2012 – NOA2 received
July 30, 2012 - NVC Received
August 2, 2012 - NVC sent case to Embassy
August 3, 2012 - Embassy received
August 8, 2012 - Packet 3 received
August 16, 2012 – Received interview date
August 17, 2012 - Packet 4 received
August 17, 2012 - Received medical exam date
August 23, 2012 - Medical exam (PASSED)
September 7, 2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
September 21, 2012 - Visa Received
October 4, 2012 - POE (Miami)

October 19, 2012 - Applied for ssn & driver's permit

October 26, 2012 - Received restricted ssn

December 26, 2012 - Got driver's license using I-94
December 28, 2012 - Got married

~AOS~
February 19, 2013 - Mailed AOS package
February 27, 2013 - Email confirmation of AOS package received
March 7, 2013 - NOA received
March 19, 2013 - Post office returned biometrics appt letter saying it was undeliverable
April 12, 2013 - Appt at local USCIS office/Biometrics appt letter received at local office
April 12, 2013 - Biometrics Appt
April 19, 2013 - Online status says interview date was scheduled and notice was mailed out
April 22, 2013 - NOA received for Interview

May 7, 2013 - EAD & AP was approved
May 23, 2013 - AOS Interview (APPROVED)

May 29, 2013 - Received welcome notice letter

June 1, 2013 - Received greencard

June 3, 2013 - Got driver's license using GC

June 10, 2013 - Received EAD & AP

~ROC~

May 23, 2013 - Became a US Resident

February 22, 2015 - Earliest accepted filing date for ROC

May 23, 2015 - Conditional residency expires

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sad as it may seem but you have no choice on where to send your application. After you send your application to Dallas Lockbox, they will be responsible as to where they will send it. Either Vermont or California.

:thumbs: Once you put the application in the mail - everything else is out of your control.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It also depends where you are located in the United States as to where Dallas will forward your petition

But one thing for sure

You will have lots of company here! lol

Right now Vermont is like watching paint dry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

It also depends where you are located in the United States as to where Dallas will forward your petition

But one thing for sure

You will have lots of company here! lol

Right now Vermont is like watching paint dry

So the closer my state is to Vermont the more chances I have of my case being sent there? Oh boy...

Also do I have to send docs with signatures or can I make copies of them and keep the original?

Make copies as instructed in the VJ directions. Be prepared to wait... but who knows! By the time you file, it could flip and VSC might be faster. I doubt it, though.

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So the closer my state is to Vermont the more chances I have of my case being sent there? Oh boy...

Also do I have to send docs with signatures or can I make copies of them and keep the original?

If you live in the following states you must file your petition with the California Service Center:

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Vermont Service Center

If you live in the following states you must file your petition with the Vermont Service Center:

Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware,Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts,Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York,North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.

Send original copy of documents with signatures but make sure you photocopy your I-129F packet and send the copy to your fiancee for her study but it's not very necessary. My fiance didn't send me any photocopy but I got through the interview successfully.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hang in there this is not a fast process, good luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Make copies as instructed in the VJ directions. Be prepared to wait... but who knows! By the time you file, it could flip and VSC might be faster. I doubt it, though.

I agree!

I suspect once Vermont gets through Feb Mar and April filers things will pick up

But for sure many veriables here like the bill the President just signed

Who knows how that will affect things

But everyone here is going through the same thing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I agree!

I suspect once Vermont gets through Feb Mar and April filers things will pick up

But for sure many veriables here like the bill the President just signed

Who knows how that will affect things

But everyone here is going through the same thing

What bill are you referring to? Is it going to affect immigrants or visas in any way?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

What bill are you referring to? Is it going to affect immigrants or visas in any way?

I believe he's referring to the deferred action for childhood arrivals thing, not sure how else to call it. It's all speculation as to how it will effect the rest of us, but just think about it:

1) A LOT more people sending in petitions to USCIS than ever before.

2) Same number of employees at USCIS.

It's obvious that SOME people (other petitions that is) are gonna get screwed over (in the sense that their petitions will take longer to process than before). Who those people are, is anybody's guess really.

Timeline

I believe he's referring to the deferred action for childhood arrivals thing, not sure how else to call it. It's all speculation as to how it will effect the rest of us, but just think about it:

1) A LOT more people sending in petitions to USCIS than ever before.

2) Same number of employees at USCIS.

It's obvious that SOME people (other petitions that is) are gonna get screwed over (in the sense that their petitions will take longer to process than before). Who those people are, is anybody's guess really.

Correct! It's all speculation how things will be accomplished and in the end where it will all lead?

Some 800,000 people are expected to come forward to receive deferred action from deportation, as first reported by the Associated Press on Friday morning. The policy change will apply to young undocumented immigrants who entered the United States

And like mentioned above more work for the same number of employees to process whatever is determined thier status will become.

My guess is Obama intends to make them voters at some point. (Just guessing)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.