Amadulove

need info please!!!!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ok, I'm American and my fiancee is Ghanian. We met in May 2010 online. At the time we met I was seperated and filed my divorce so we was chatting as friends and flirting. My divorce to oh so long to get final because my ex didnt like the idea of how much child support he had to pay for one child (shame on him). Yet, it became final. I visited my now fiancee in March 2011. We was so pleased with meeting each other very satisfied. So we made it official this is where we want to be(with each other). Our relationship progressed into this deep love that we have now. I had to see him again so I visited him again March 2012 and Thats when he asked me to marry him. Each time we I visited I stayed like 2 weeks Maybe 24 days total both trips.Not enough time i know but my job allows only a few weeks of vacation and I spent them all with him. I see all of these reasons for denial on VJ. Now I'm begining to worry but he is not. I and older than he is although some people say I dont look it. I have been married before with two kids and yes we will have another one. I"m none Denomination and he is Muslim. He is a strong believer of me attending church that's his #1 rule. He loves a woman that loves God.I met lots of his family members and each time I visited I stayed in his family house in his room and lived the way that he live everyday and I must say that I enjoyed every moment. My question is Really? Have anybody been denied based on age, religion, the US spouse being divorced before and even race? I really want to voice my opinion about it but he asked me not to say what I really feel about it because it's not too nice. Have there been any success stories of an older woman and younger man. I myself know quite a few. Some even 20 years older than the man. oh yes I'm ten years older than he is maybe a little over by some months. Thanks for your response if there will be any:))

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Plenty of older women have successfully petitioned for younger men.

You will be successful if you and your fiance can show a bona fide relationship.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Goodness girl you serious ppic the country we are all over (well I haven't had interview but I have total confidence). Its not about the age, race, religion. Its about building that foundation that relationship and presenting your evidence so a total stranger cane see it.

It's great you have had some visits in and spend time, Nigeria is a tough embassy don't know about your embassy but face time is invaluable, also pictures with fruends and family is a must. So make sure you have all that in your initial packet when you file. We call it front-loading. Your petition is whar will be in the hands of the CO at intervew time months and months after you file. Not everybody who takes boxs and boatloads of evidence to interview get to show it so you want that CO to read whatever love story you have for them.

Don't dwell so much on ager (heck 10 years difference isn't anything). They may be more concerned with being divorced and getting in a relationship so fresh off of divorce so watch the evidence (email vhats and stuff that may be at the same time) may look bad on you guys.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Have anybody been denied based on age, religion, the US spouse being divorced before and even race? I really want to voice my opinion about it but he asked me not to say what I really feel about it because it's not too nice. Have there been any success stories of an older woman and younger man. I myself know quite a few. Some even 20 years older than the man. oh yes I'm ten years older than he is maybe a little over by some months. Thanks for your response if there will be any:))

In such kind of situation, there are more unsuccessful stories than successful stories. But each case is unique and result can be accordingly. In such kind of situation, you guys really should have strong points to prove that there is a genuine relationship and it is not an immigration scam.

Regarding success story, I am one of who had complicated case like you mentioned, was questioned at the time of interview, but CO was satisfied with our relationship and was approved for visa. In my case, my USC wife stayed with me for 3 yrs in India. I guess, this was the key that played powerful role for our case.

US Gov wants to protect USC and immigration system from scams. CO at interview, who is hardly going to spend 10 to 30 minutes with applicant, so CO needs to be sure enough that he is granting visa to right person. If applicant doesnt show enough evidence to satisfied, then CO has right to put the case on hold or deny. Please note, journey wont be end if it is denied. There is a thing called NOIR, and USC really would have to work harder to assure that relationship is real for 2nd attempt to get visa. There are alot of success stories where people were denied in their 1st attempt, and was succeed in 2nd attempt.

XrVRp5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

10 years difference is nothing to be worried about at all.Neither is the time you spent with him.I went to Ghana twice to see my fiance both trips totaled about 20 days or close to it.The important thing is the timeline between your divorce and when you were engaged.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

10 years difference is nothing to be worried about at all.Neither is the time you spent with him.I went to Ghana twice to see my fiance both trips totaled about 20 days or close to it.The important thing is the timeline between your divorce and when you were engaged.

10 years different, for Ghana, could mean a lot. Especially if the female USC is no longer within childbearing age.

Timeline

Goodness girl you serious ppic the country we are all over (well I haven't had interview but I have total confidence). Its not about the age, race, religion. Its about building that foundation that relationship and presenting your evidence so a total stranger cane see it.

It's great you have had some visits in and spend time, Nigeria is a tough embassy don't know about your embassy but face time is invaluable, also pictures with fruends and family is a must. So make sure you have all that in your initial packet when you file. We call it front-loading. Your petition is whar will be in the hands of the CO at intervew time months and months after you file. Not everybody who takes boxs and boatloads of evidence to interview get to show it so you want that CO to read whatever love story you have for them.

Don't dwell so much on ager (heck 10 years difference isn't anything). They may be more concerned with being divorced and getting in a relationship so fresh off of divorce so watch the evidence (email vhats and stuff that may be at the same time) may look bad on you guys.

So I wonder do they want the divorcees to be dvorced for several years or what? That should not make a difference. They need to realize that people dont get divorces right away or sometimes the other party will give a person pure hell just so that they can't move on with their life. These CO needs to move closer to the surreal life. We are from america and we all know the divorce rates are high. Maybe that's why we are taking a chance with a someone that's not american. We are all grown and we know what we want who we love,and where we love. They really need to calm down at some of these embassy!!!!

Timeline

10 years different, for Ghana, could mean a lot. Especially if the female USC is no longer within childbearing age.

lol! childbearing years hmm.... I wonder what do I need to show them that I can still have babies? Do I need to show them my last preggers test or what? They cant really put age on child bearing years. I know some ladies in their 20 cant give birth so like I just stated they really need to calm down at these embassys. IJS....smh....

Timeline

It's a chance that i will ahve to take and pray about it. I was not in a big rush to file for my divorce because I had a lot more to deal with and I was not interested in dating again at that moment. I filed for it long ago and it took over a year before it was granted. So the CO need to look at people do meet and some do fall in love again while going through a divorce. Although they maynot see it that way but it happens. Also I thought that they dont give a reason for denial so how do some people come up with all of these reasons or is it just speculations?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

The best thing you can do is read ALL the Embassy Reviews from Ghana http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Ghana&cty=&dfilter=5 not just the happy ones.

You can choose not to believe what we suggest or .. which is completely acceptable (to each their own); but do not underestimate the kind of conclusions the COs can reach or even the questions they could ask you.

Ghana is one of the countries with the highest fraud risk. The COs are ready to deny you unless you can prove your relationship to them... and this also varies from which side of the bed they got up that morning.

Is it silly? YES, absolutely! We all agree! But you NEED to know how things work at that Embassy.

Good luck to you

Timeline

The best thing you can do is read ALL the Embassy Reviews from Ghana http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Ghana&cty=&dfilter=5 not just the happy ones.

You can choose not to believe what we suggest or .. which is completely acceptable (to each their own); but do not underestimate the kind of conclusions the COs can reach or even the questions they could ask you.

Ghana is one of the countries with the highest fraud risk. The COs are ready to deny you unless you can prove your relationship to them... and this also varies from which side of the bed they got up that morning.

Is it silly? YES, absolutely! We all agree! But you NEED to know how things work at that Embassy.

Good luck to you

[/q

Yes we are well prepared and I have been studying all of the out comes good and bad. I'm not saying that I dont believe what you say for I have heard things straight from people that I know, But I'm wondering if they dont give the reasons for denial how do some people know what the red flags are? or do they give reasons for denial? If someone have been denied for any of the reason that I have mentioned above please I'm not being funny but I would like to convo with you one on one if you dont mind. Thanks in advance:))

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes we are well prepared and I have been studying all of the out comes good and bad. I'm not saying that I dont believe what you say for I have heard things straight from people that I know, But I'm wondering if they dont give the reasons for denial how do some people know what the red flags are? or do they give reasons for denial? If someone have been denied for any of the reason that I have mentioned above please I'm not being funny but I would like to convo with you one on one if you dont mind. Thanks in advance:))

Sure many are told the reason for denial and yes and most are told "we believe this to be for immigration purposes". I have asked around and it seem when they think that way they may not tell all because well what if you fix it and it really is for that reason.

I have many friends here on VJ and not on VJ who have been denied either going the K1 route first and denied or the spousal Visa and denied and now they are doing the 2nd or 3rd interview. Here are some reasons I can list. These are actual denials put in letters from the embassy.

1. Visits to short

2. Married too soon after meeting and short visit

3. Filed too soon after marriage

4. Didn't have a church wedding

5. No pictures with family or friends

6. Communications (IM's, emails, chats, letters) didn't show genuine love netween husband and wife

7. Husband send poems used by scammers

8. Wife past childbearing years

9. Divorced and married too soon

10. Petitioner has many kids from many relationships

11. Different religion

12. No common language can barely understand one another

13. We believe you to be married to someone else

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My finace and I just received our approval. I am 24 years older than he is. We ended up having to contact my Congressman's office (we waited on Vermont for 8 1/2 months), but have it now. Just have to have the interview and medical in London.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.