NikkisPrecious

Wife Pregnant - Can we speed things up?

17 posts in this topic

If my wife were to fall pregnant is there anyway i could join her sooner in the US??

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

going through HELL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Nope that is not an option to expedite a petition.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Sorry but they dont see pregnancy as any reason to speed things up.... you are in the queue same as everyone else... many many people have missed the birth of their child because their case was still pending....

Kezzie

Dayum, ok thanks guys. Also i saw in another thread an unanswered question. Once the visa is approved etc etc what line do you stand in at the port of entry? Still in the all other countries or could i stand in the US citiznes cue? Believe me it would make the world of difference if i could..

going through HELL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is correct, pregnancy is not considered by the USCIS to expedite a case. The best you could do is to submit a request to the embassy for an early interview but that is only after the case has been approved and the embassy has received the case and even then it is not a guarantee. It really depends on the embassy you deal with. In my case the embassy in Manila will tell you 120 to 150 days before an interview date.

I don't believe pregnancy is a reason that USCIS recognizes for an expedite.

Jackie

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry but they dont see pregnancy as any reason to speed things up.... you are in the queue same as everyone else... many many people have missed the birth of their child because their case was still pending....

Kezzie

Dayum, ok thanks guys. Also i saw in another thread an unanswered question. Once the visa is approved etc etc what line do you stand in at the port of entry? Still in the all other countries or could i stand in the US citiznes cue? Believe me it would make the world of difference if i could..

The correct answer would be the visitor line (or potentially the "new immigrant" line if the POE has one). If you are travelling with you USC SO then people have reported going through together in the USC line. If in doubt what the procedures are then simply ask as most POE's have an officer mingling in the crowd.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I have read threads where the immigrant is holding the Mysterious Brown sealed envelope that states "to be opened by the POE officer" in clear view and the officer at the POE spots it and directs them to the correct window.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

NikkisPrecious,

As the old saying goes, 'Lack of [family] planning on your part does not create an emergency on my part.'

Yodrak

If my wife were to fall pregnant is there anyway i could join her sooner in the US??

Thanks in advance

NikkisPrecious,

Ask. Often, if the place is busy, you will be directed to one of the shorter lines, regardless of how the lines are labeled.

Yodrak

Thanks

NikkisPrecious,

Ask. Often, if the place is busy, you will be directed to one of the shorter lines, regardless of how the lines are labeled.

Yodrak

Hahaha i wish, try getting into chicago that easily by asking, if only

going through HELL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

At JFK, if beneficiary is travelling with the USC, they may enter through the citizen's line. We did that when she came here last year on a K1.

YMMV at other POE.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
NikkisPrecious,

Yodrak

Hahaha i wish, try getting into chicago that easily by asking, if only

Hubby had no problem doing so at Chicago. He's always had a good experience there.

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks in advance

Unfortunatly, No, not that i've found. My wife and I are in that boat, and the baby is due in the next 7 days =)

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

First Met:..............................2003-08-14

Proposed:.............................2006-2-10

Marriage:..............................2006-04-29

Marriage License Applied for:..2006-05-08

Marriage License Recieved:....2006-08-15 (bout time....)

I 130

I-130 Sent:......................2006-08-17

I-130 NOA1 issued:..........2006-08-28

Touch:............................2006-08-30

I-130 Check Cashed:........2006-09-01

APPROVED.......................2006-10-24 (68 Days)

Case Number Assigned......2006-11-13

Choice of Agent accepted...2006-11-20 (via email)

IV Bill Generated................2006-11-27

RFE.................................2007-??-??

CASE COMPLETE @ NVC......2007-12-14

INTERVIEW.......................2008-5-7 -- APPROVED AND DONE!

I 129F

I-129F Sent:..................2006-09-05

I-129F NOA1 Issued:......2006-09-11

I-129F NOA1 Recvd:......2006-09-13

Touch:..........................2006-09-14

Touch:..........................2006-09-20

Touch:..........................2006-10-23 (Transfer to CSC)

Touch:..........................2006-10-25

1-129F Approved...........2006-11-29

Packet 3 Recvd..............2006-12-19

Medical.........................2007-01-5

Packet 3 Sent................2007-01-18

Interview Scheduled.......2007-06-19 APPROVED!

Visa in hand..................2007-06-25

Moving Day!..................2007-06-30

Thanks in advance

What is your timline? Can you fill out your timeline? You can request CSC for the approval citing the pregnancy. It is going to be up tp the CSC whether they will do anything or not. At NVC, they don't expedite the case unless the pregnancy can be described by the doctor as a "medical emergency." At the Embassy level, they will consider the pregnancy's length before issuing the visa.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.