ademkiv

K-1 adjustment of status document list

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is in part my cover letter and with the listed documents I did not get an RFE. Did you make copies of the front and back of the I-94 and on the passport photos did you put her name-DOB and A#? You need a copy of the DS-3025 or the I693 filled out by a CS. If either of you have been divorced you will need the decrees. I also did not see you had a G-325A form.

Enclosed please find my forms for an Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application for Alla Alexandrovna OXXX and the following documents in order:

Payment Check #729 $1070.00 ($985.00 I-485 fee plus $85.00 biometrics fee)

Support documents of certified name translations, divorce decree, birth certificates and vaccination records

I-485 Petition for Alien Relative for Alla Alexandrovna OXXX

Copy of Alla Alexandrovna OXXX Passport including I-94 front and back

Copy of I-797 Notice of Action (Approval Notice)

Birth Certificate with a certified English translation

Copy of Marriage License and a certified copy

Documentation of Joint Marital Property: Joint bank accounts, residential lease agreement, addition to medical insurance, vehicle title and a water bill.

G-325A Biographic Information

Two Passport photos with full name, date of birth and A# on the back

I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record Page 1 and 5, with original Ukraine vaccination record, English translation and USA vaccination records

I-864 with retirement income verification, W2 and full tax returns from 2010, 2009 and 2008

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization with a copy of I-94 front and back and 2 passport photos with full name, date of birth and A# on the back

I-131 Application for Travel Document with copies of passport and 2 passport photos with full name, date of birth and A# on the back

I hope this helps :thumbs:

Ademkiv,

1. The package is sent to Chicago lockbox and not to the Texas

2. The payment is $1070

3. Follow the other information that is posted by Phil and Alla, they already got their GC.

4. Add some proove if joint assets like (bank account, credit card statement, wedding pictures) while you got visa, you still need to proove that your relationship is bonafide.

Good luck on your journey.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

Thank you for helping!

I was hoping someone will find mistakes and that's exactly what happened.

I have added form G-325A, fixed the payment amount and changed the address where I will be sending the package.

I did not include 3 years worth of tax returns as I was a student for most of that time and I did not have much income. I now work full time in my field of study so 2011 tax return and pay stubs should be sufficient.

I hope you also added some proof of bonafide marriage. As you will get an RFE and interview for sure if not included.

Edited by Oksana & Max
event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

I hope you also added some proof of bonafide marriage. As you will get an RFE and interview for sure if not included.

You don't need any proof of bona fide marriage if you are adjusting from a K-1

I used this thread as a checklist (although the cost has since risen to $1070)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your proof of marriage is your certificate and photos of same.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

I agree that NOWHERE in the I-485 instructions (http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf) from USCIS does it require any evidence of marriage other than the marriage certificate, but in some threads here and at the advice of some very knowledgeable people on the RUB forum, I included no more than 10 pages of bonafide marriage documents. If they were not viewed or needed, I felt no harm in sending them. I DID NOT receive a RFE and at the interview the IO did not ask to see one document I included in the packet or any other documents that were required on the notification form for the interview. The only thing he looked at was both Alla's and her daughters passport.

I did not see anything in your documents regarding vaccinations. Under "Initial Evidence", item 7 and 8 on the above USCIS web page it deals with vaccinations and the requirement to have the vaccination supplement. I did not know what a DS-3025 was and read up on it in the AOS forums here and on the USCIS web site, but Alla did not get a copy of it at her medical in Kiev, so I had to include an I-693, Part I and page 5. After the nightmare I went through (and MANY others) to get a CS do do just the I-693 without another complete physical plus the cost of any required vaccinations, I have tried to urge people to have all the CDC required vaccinations done at the medical and get a copy of the DS-3025. Note-- I know vaccinations are NOT required on a K-1 at the medical,and many think like I did - that they will just take care of here :bonk: . It is not as easy as most think.

I did the best job I could to put the AOS packet together, but really in my opinion, Alla was here :dance: , not in the Ukraine away from me and if I got an RFE-- I would just fix it. :rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is not true. The only evidence of marriage required is a copy of the certified marriage certificate. Lots of people sent only that, the requirement, and did not have an interview. You also will not get an RFE for something that is not required in the first place.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.