madtownguy

airport pick up plans?

26 posts in this topic

But if he has a flight to NC, the same flight she does, can he not wait in the boarding area and then all she has to do is pass immigration and then head to the gate that is going to NC where then her can meet her?

The question was if he could go and meet her while she is going thru immigration. The immigration door is a one way door--only people on international flights get to leave, no one is allowed to enter especially as the exit door is into a nonsecure area at some airports. Yes, he can meet her at the boarding area for the NC flight or wait for her outside of the immigration area and they can proceed to the gate for the NC flight together, but he will not be able to help her thru immigration unless he is on the same flight as she is. My suggestion would be to have either several hours until the next flight or the next day. That way you are not rushed to make the connecting flight. Easy for me to say as my wife arrived in Denver as the POE and that was also the final destination :) .

Good luck and congrats on getting the visa,

Dave

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

When my wife came to the US her POE was LAX and she had no problems but it did take almost 3 hours. I sent her a pre paid sim card from T-Mobile and made sure her cell had the correct frequency to work in the US. When she landed in the US she inserted the sim card and called me a few times to update me. I would have went to the Philippines to get her but i had just left there a few months before so couldnt go. There are always a lot of Filipinos coming into the US so just tell her to make friends with someone who will guide her at POE. That's what my wife did and she was ok. Just a FYI for everyone we live in Las Vegas and always fly out of Vegas to Manila now because the POE is so much faster. We don't like LAX. I know Korean and Hawaiian Airlines have reasonable prices.

I'm curious. I've been looking into the future and wondering if it is best to meet my fiance at like LAX or something so that she does not have to try to navigate the airport alone. Being the first time ever flying on a plane and doing it to a large airport in the US might be somewhat confusing. What have others decided to do, I'm sure some go all the way to Philippines. My biggest concern is even when she has the visa I have heard of people getting turned back for odd reasons and having to come again at a later date. The process just isn't that full proof.

I picked my bride up at the POE in ATL. No problem I live only about 1 hour away. It was then and is now everything you are hoping it would be.Carry Rice everywhere you go for the first few weeks.

Funny thing--

About 10 PM leaving Airport. on 75 South

Her- Honey KO I am very hungry.

ME- Ok we have Wendy's, KFC, Burger King, McDonald's, Waffle House, Krystal etc etc.

Her-- I want Rice

Me- Honey I don't think you are going to find rice at 10 PM in GA on a Sat Night.

Her- What kind of place is this ?

Me- That;s just the way it is

Her-How far is your house

ME--70 Minutes

Her- I just will wait then.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lol.

================================================================
2011-01-30 First trip to Manila (work related)
2011-02-18 Second trip to Manila (work related)
2011-03-08 Met Jenny in Manila
2011-03-29 Third trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2011-04-17 Started relationship
2011-05-11 Fourth trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2011-06-19 Found out I would be a father for the first time
2011-08-18 Fifth trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2011-11-08 Sixth trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2011-11-08 Engaged to Jenny
2012-01-11 Seventh trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2012-02-09 Eighth trip to Manila (Birth of son)
2012-02-16 Son Dustin Neal born healthy in Manila
2012-09-24 Ninth trip to Manila (work and Jenny/Dustin related)

2013-06-18 Tenth trip to Manila (K1 - Interview!!!!)

2013-10-21 Eleventh trip to Manila (bringing Jenny/Dustin back)
=================================================================
2012-07-31 Sent I-129F package
2012-08-03 NOA1 Vermont Service Center delivered
2012-08-07 NOA1 Hard-copy received
2013-02-15 CBRA Interview for son Dustin

2013-02-25 NOA2 Email of Approval
2013-03-01 NOA2 Hard-copy received

2013-04-15 CBRA Approved

2013-06-14 Medical PASSED!!

2013-06-26 Interview Scheduled

2013-07-11 VISA IN HAND!!!

2013-10-31 POE - Atlanta

2014-01-18 MARRIED

Timeline

I met my fiancee at SFO. She had never flown before but had been to NAIA many times to greet people and see them off. We were concerned about the issue of her having a copy of my credit card and driver's license to board the plane in Manila, because I purchased her fare online from here int he US. We were told to provide the copies and we did and they did check them. I would make sure she has them just in case. She bought a roaming card for her phone so she called me when she was at the gate at NAIA, when she boarded the plane before they closed the cabin door and prior to her landing at SFO. I was already waiting in the designated are for those waiting for immigrant arrivals. She came through with no problems relatively quickly. From the time she landed to her coming out of the tunnel was about 2 hours but that includes the de-boarding of the big 747-400. That takes a long time! In my opinion, it's easier for the Filipinos to get to NAIA and board (provided they have everyting they need) then to make the connection inthe US airports alone. Meeting Chie at her POE made her way more confortable, though I know she could have made it alone, but for the price of my flight to SFO and back, it was way worth it for both our piece of mind. As far as me going to the Phils to pick her up, that would have been nice too if I could afford it. But for the price of my roundtrip fare just after Christmas - that was used for more immediate needs like full winter gear for someone who had never seen snow before or felt tempuratures below 60 degrees F!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Timeline

ha ha so cute.. My fiance bought me a rice cooker and a sack of rice few days ago.. He said he knew that I will need rice.. So funny that filipina will be craving for the plate of rice when we get to states.. I am!! :bonk:

I sent my girl a sprint us phone. That I can track using family locator whe she hits the US. When she called from Hawaii I was even able to tell her which way to turn to get to the right plane.

Timeline

Rice really? hmm maybe that's why she never likes to eat when we go out... I didn't know there is a direct flight to Atlanta, don't even know how that is possible where are they stopping to fuel? For sure I'd have to meet her at Atlanta though that airport is horribly confusing.

ha ha so cute.. My fiance bought me a rice cooker and a sack of rice few days ago.. He said he knew that I will need rice.. So funny that filipina will be craving for the plate of rice when we get to states.. I am!! :bonk:

After 9 months we can eat at places that don't serve rice on occasion. Not very often.

Rice really? hmm maybe that's why she never likes to eat when we go out... I didn't know there is a direct flight to Atlanta, don't even know how that is possible where are they stopping to fuel? For sure I'd have to meet her at Atlanta though that airport is horribly confusing.

No direct flight that I am aware of. We fly Atl to Korea to Cebu. You can fly Manila- Korea -Atl also. This is the quickest way to get to the PI from ATL, that I am aware of .23 Hours.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.