davidwatsoncov

DS-230 question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

Just a quick question about filling out the DS-230. We're expecting the IV bill to be payable online in the next few days - when that goes through, and the invoice appears as PAID, am i okay to send off the IV package using a downloaded copy of the DS-230 from the .gov website (along with a printed cover sheet from the invoice page), or do I have to wait for the NVC to send a paper copy through the post for me to fill in?

Am I right in saying that I only need to sign part I of the DS-230, NOT part II, as I sign that part in my embassy interview?

And if I download and print it off myself and send it in with the following, should I be okay?

- Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal

- Completed, signed, and dated DS-230 form by beneficiary (do NOT sign or date part 2; this is done at the interview) [note: if doing online forms (DS-260), the DS-230 is obviously not needed]

- Two passport-style photographs (2" x 2") of beneficiary (on the back, write: beneficiary's full name, date of birth, and case number)

- Copy of bio-data page of beneficiary's unexpired passport

- Original or Certified Copy of beneficiary's birth certificate, PLUS A PHOTOCOPY

- Original or Certified Copy of marriage certificate, PLUS A PHOTOCOPY

- Original police certificate(s)

Many thanks in advance!

Hi all,

Just a quick question about filling out the DS-230. We're expecting the IV bill to be payable online in the next few days - when that goes through, and the invoice appears as PAID, am i okay to send off the IV package using a downloaded copy of the DS-230 from the .gov website (along with a printed cover sheet from the invoice page), or do I have to wait for the NVC to send a paper copy through the post for me to fill in?

Am I right in saying that I only need to sign part I of the DS-230, NOT part II, as I sign that part in my embassy interview?

And if I download and print it off myself and send it in with the following, should I be okay?

- Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal

- Completed, signed, and dated DS-230 form by beneficiary (do NOT sign or date part 2; this is done at the interview) [note: if doing online forms (DS-260), the DS-230 is obviously not needed]

- Two passport-style photographs (2" x 2") of beneficiary (on the back, write: beneficiary's full name, date of birth, and case number)

- Copy of bio-data page of beneficiary's unexpired passport

- Original or Certified Copy of beneficiary's birth certificate, PLUS A PHOTOCOPY

- Original or Certified Copy of marriage certificate, PLUS A PHOTOCOPY

- Original police certificate(s)

Many thanks in advance!

As long as the IV bill is appearing as PAID, yes you can send in the IV package. No need to wait for anything from NVC. And yes, you get the form from their website. And again, you're correct, you only sign part 1 as part 2 is signed at the interview in front of an officer. You still fill out part 2 though!

Nice copy & paste of the IV package list from the NVC filers thread ;) That would be indeed what you send in, along with any country-specific documents, if applicable. Go back to where you found that list, and you'll see a link to country-specific documents.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, would like to ask, the PDF you access for DS-230 through .gov websites 'will-not' allow you to 'save' as a file.!

However, will allow you to 'print' after compleing on-line.! my question is; there is offered an option to sign

electronily and it also ask if wish to ""SEND"" ...? first; is the E-signing leagal, and second; Where does the ""SEND"" go too...? NVC.? or where...?

hi, would like to ask, the PDF you access for DS-230 through .gov websites 'will-not' allow you to 'save' as a file.!

However, will allow you to 'print' after compleing on-line.! my question is; there is offered an option to sign

electronily and it also ask if wish to ""SEND"" ...? first; is the E-signing leagal, and second; Where does the ""SEND"" go too...? NVC.? or where...?

I don't know about you, but I can save the DS-230 PDF with no issues.

And only certain countries can email the DS-230 (it wouldn't be through that send option though). The Philippines is NOT one of those countries though. You can only snail mail the DS-230 in (along with the other IV documents).

Filed: Timeline

Many thanks for the reply Saylin, as well as the other thread on the DS-230 documents!

One more question if I can: it says that I need to include an original (plus a photocopy) of my marriage certificate with my DS-230, which is fine. However, I only have the one original copy - if I send that in, do I need to get another certified copy to take with me for the interview at the London embassy? Or will they already have the copy I send to the NVC with the DS-230?

Thanks again!

Many thanks for the reply Saylin, as well as the other thread on the DS-230 documents!

One more question if I can: it says that I need to include an original (plus a photocopy) of my marriage certificate with my DS-230, which is fine. However, I only have the one original copy - if I send that in, do I need to get another certified copy to take with me for the interview at the London embassy? Or will they already have the copy I send to the NVC with the DS-230?

Thanks again!

You're welcome!

No need to bring a certified copy to the interview as they'll have received it from NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.