lisers76

Getting ready to POE....Some questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all. I am planning on POE'ing in the next couple weeks. I think I have everything I will need at the border, but I just wanted to check....

I will have a copy of my goods (although many places I have read say you don't need it)

My passport with visa in it

My sealed package

My compliance letter for my car

Is there another form you need to fill out when importing your vehicle? Also, my fiance will be coming in a mini-van and loading up some of my stuff and I will have some in my car. Will he be able to wait with me?

Thanks!

BTW, I am POE'ing at the Ambassador Bridge.

Aos:

10-01-12. Sent AOS, AP and EAD

10-09-12- Recieved NOA's for forms

10-24-12- Successfully walked in for biometrics (originally scheduled for 11-08-12)

11-26-12- Made info pass appointment for emergency advance parole. Denied, but agent called service center to request an expedite.

11-28-12- Agent at Infopass called me to let me know service center approved my request.

12-01-12- Advance parole received in the mail (2 page version, not combo card)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

When you import your car, you have to fill in more forms at the border. When I imported my car, they sent me to another building to do it. (Peace Bridge). Those are the forms you need to give to the DMV when you get the licence in your destination state. Note: at the border, they didn't ask me if I wanted to import a car, so if I hadn't brought it up, it would have been a pita later.

They did not allow my fiance to wait for me (we were in two separate cars), but others have not had a problem. He'll probably be able to wait, but you might want to come up with a Plan B meeting place in case he can't.

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Filed: Timeline

Yes, you need to fill out a separate form to import your vehicle. Bring in the registration along with a low ball estimate on the value as they will use this amount to determine any State or local taxes they may charge you at the time of registration. Check the Kelley Blue Book site if you need some help with that.

When you get to the border.... you go first and let them know your fiance is behind you with your household goods. You can ask the officer if he can come with you at that time. Just in case he's not allowed, have a backup plan on where you will meet.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.