F & J

Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad

23 posts in this topic

Opo. :yes:

:D

Thank you again!!! ^___^

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Is there a way to report the marriage contracted abroad in the Philippines NSO office instead of going the embassy route? :-/ we got married back in 2010 as well at Washington, didn't know I was supposed to report it. Now we live in the middle east and when I asked what was needed to change my name in my passport, they told me an NSO paper that says I am married ..bla..bla.. My husband is USC.

:-/

Someone might help answer my doubts? In the report of marriage contracted abroad form, the current address question - shall I put down our physical current address or our mailing address? As we have two.

Notarizing all 4 copies would cost a lot for us and I just wanted to make sure that I got the right information on it.

And also, I am a dual citizen. I was born in the middle east, I don't have a philippine birth certificate, what I have is a report of birth paper. Is a copy of this good enough?

Is there a faster way to register our marriage in Philippines? We're visiting on september, was wondering if we can just walk in the NSO and report it over there? Save s alit of hassle and time.

Thank you so much! Any insight would help!

2010 - met in Kuwait and got married at Washington using previous b1/b2 visa.

2010 - back in Kuwait as husband and wife.

2010 - denied to renew tourist visa, lady in the embassy said was not eligible!? Lies! Wth! Traumatized :-/

2012 - applied for tourist visa again, strengthened by the Lord, armed with lots of prayer, got a b1/b2 visa for a year!!! Yey! Christmas here we come!!!

2012 - decided to get ir1/cr1, I-130 started.

2013 - still in ir1/cr1 process.

2013 - EXPECTing our first born !!! <3

Dear Jesus,

Because your awesome and you love us more than we will ever know how to, please bless us and send our visa case to the fastest and bestest worker you got! But nonetheless, let Your will be done not ours. <3

USCIS - NVC

08/03/2012 - I-130 packet received by the Chicago lockbox (sent through FedEx)

08/09/2012 - Received Email of NOA1, routed to California Service Center.

08/08/2012 - updated online?

08/20-ish/2012 - Received Mail of NOA1.

01/18/2013 - Received Email saying I-130 approved NOA2

03/06/2013 - Received Mail of NOA2

03/09/2013 - Emailed NVC correction regarding wrong current address of principal applicant

03/09/2013 - Paid AOS bill $88 online

03/10/2013 - Emailed the NVC DS-3032

event.png

I called the Philippines embassy in San Francisco and asked them about my questions. :) so it is a physical address and a report of birth is enough in my case. I forgt to ask her if there was a way I can go directly to NSO and report it though. She told me it will take 6 months before it will be available at the NSO. But she told me that they will send me a copy back with a seal on it and I can use it to change my passport name in the Philippine embassy here in Kuwait.

One more question:::

Do you glue the passport photos on the form ? Or you send it to them in a ziplock and they will glue it in the embassy?

@elyhim : yes. you must get your marriage certificate - certified by the county, then after that - your state authenticates it and after the US State department authenticates it. Ony after then you can submit it to the philippine embassy in the US. The Philippine embassy in the U.S. that has jurisdiction of where you got married and they authenticate it once more.

So it goes like this : County certified - Apostille/State Authenticated - US STaTe DEpartment authenticated - Philippine Embassy in the US authenticated - report the marriage at the same embassy.

http://www.philippinesusa.info/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#authentication

Once your done with all the authentications, you must report the marriage by filling the Report of Marriage contracted abroad form - see this link :

http://www.philippinesusa.info/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#marriage

I am finish with all the authentications! Except the philippine embassy authentication and the report of marriage. I hired a company to get all the authentications for me (State-US State Department-Thai embassy) (i am dual citizen) when you get a copy of marriage certificate after getting married this should already be a certified copy and you send it to top flite (the company) and some passport copies and etcc... See there website for more info - http://topflitelegalization.com/personal-documents/

It will cost a few hundred to get it done ( I had her do 2 different documents ) but I think it is worth it because we don't have to worry about losing it in the mail or doing it wrong. It is much faster and easier when top flite does it. it is best to give them a call and speak to Zekeu.

2010 - denied to renew tourist visa, lady in the embassy said was not eligible!? Lies! Wth! Traumatized :-/

2012 - applied for tourist visa again, strengthened by the Lord, armed with lots of prayer, got a b1/b2 visa for a year!!! Yey! Christmas here we come!!!

Dear Jesus,

Because your awesome and you love us more than we will ever know how to, please bless us and send our visa case to the fastest and bestest worker you got! But nonetheless, let Your will be done not ours. <3

USCIS - NVC

03/09/2013 - Emailed NVC correction regarding wrong current address of principal applicant

event.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called the Philippines embassy in San Francisco and asked them about my questions. :) so it is a physical address and a report of birth is enough in my case. I forgt to ask her if there was a way I can go directly to NSO and report it though. She told me it will take 6 months before it will be available at the NSO. But she told me that they will send me a copy back with a seal on it and I can use it to change my passport name in the Philippine embassy here in Kuwait.

One more question:::

Do you glue the passport photos on the form ? Or you send it to them in a ziplock and they will glue it in the embassy?

@elyhim : yes. you must get your marriage certificate - certified by the county, then after that - your state authenticates it and after the US State department authenticates it. Ony after then you can submit it to the philippine embassy in the US. The Philippine embassy in the U.S. that has jurisdiction of where you got married and they authenticate it once more.

So it goes like this : County certified - Apostille/State Authenticated - US STaTe DEpartment authenticated - Philippine Embassy in the US authenticated - report the marriage at the same embassy.

http://www.philippin...#authentication

Once your done with all the authentications, you must report the marriage by filling the Report of Marriage contracted abroad form - see this link :

http://www.philippin...aq-dc/#marriage

I am finish with all the authentications! Except the philippine embassy authentication and the report of marriage. I hired a company to get all the authentications for me (State-US State Department-Thai embassy) (i am dual citizen) when you get a copy of marriage certificate after getting married this should already be a certified copy and you send it to top flite (the company) and some passport copies and etcc... See there website for more info - http://topflitelegal...onal-documents/

It will cost a few hundred to get it done ( I had her do 2 different documents ) but I think it is worth it because we don't have to worry about losing it in the mail or doing it wrong. It is much faster and easier when top flite does it. it is best to give them a call and speak to Zekeu.

Why do you need to have your Marriage Certificate Authenticated? In the Phil Consulate (San Fran) site, there was no mention of having to authenticate your MC prior to filing for Report of Marriage. You only need a certified true copy or original which will be sent back to you.

http://www.philippin...aq-sf/#marriage

3. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Contract (original will be returned)

Edited by let-it-be

That is a good question! I just assumed that it would go the same route as we did to the other marriage certificates we used to transfer my visa here in Kuwait from my mother to my husband. To do this we had to have the government entities stamp our marriage certificate and they were not gonna do this unless they saw the Kuwait embassy authentication stamp from the US (where the certificate came from). Similarly, I had this process done in another certificate for Thailand. I take this and then register our marriage in Thailand, get more stamps and etc.

I know somehow someway, if we need something done in the Philippines later on in life, (visa for my hysband investment etc...) i dont know but maybe we will need that embassy legalization stamp. I will get that done anyway and then use the same after to file the report of marriage. But you may be right that it is not needed to be. Need to call them back and clarify with them about it! But I'm still going for legalizing the marriage certificate to make it usable in the Philippines when time comes that NSO copy might not suffice :)

Dear Jesus,

USCIS - NVC

event.png

• 5 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You do realize you are posting to a comment that is heading towards old.

After saying, I suggest that you read Tahoma's response again....

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.