JRF

Banking in HCMC

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello...I would also like to open a joint banking account in HCMC. In any other universe it wouldn't be necessary to do this to establish our bona-fides but this is HCMC.

A VN D denominated account is fine - we'll use it for incidentals in VN as well as helping to further establish the bona-fide nature of our relationship. I don't care about interest rate arbitrage between the US and VN. I'll put a couple of thousand USD (in VND) in the account and keep it at a constant-level.

I live and work in the US and currently travel to VN on a 3-month multiple entry visas - I am not a resident of VN.

So - my question - is it possible for me to open a joint account in HCM and if so what is the best bank for doing this? Internet banking would be nice so I can transfer money to the account on a regular basis. That said I travel to VN often enough I can make deposits in person (as can my fiance).

Suggestions?

Best one to answer that is JeromeBinh look up his profile he lives in HCM . Send him a Pm. Also your wife could get a Wells Fargo saving account in HCM and you can put money in it over here in the states for he to have.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You could, but it's not going to be a significant item in the scheme of things.

Time spent together and with family are good things to show. If you are there regularly that certainly is a plus.

You can find info online as well. Here is one example >> http://www.indovinabank.com.vn/en/individuals/current-account/current-account-in-vnd

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It isn't easy if you are not living and working here. When I moved here I wanted to open an account (didn't like sleeping with $30k under the bed) the gut at HSBC looked at me like I was a fool. To make a long story short every bank will want something different but what you are SUPPOSED to have is a passport and a letter from YOUR employer in Vietnam so the bank knows where you are getting your income. You might be able to find a bank to open one without the employer letter but it is unlikely. As Anh Map said a joint bank account doesn't mean ####### in HCMC just your visits, and in our case 3 visits prior to a denial didn't mean #######...

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for all of your help - ANZ bank has indicated to me they can offer me an account but since it's utility in the visa process is limited I won't work too hard to get the account. I will reach out to Jerome for information on Wells. I'm a loyal USAA member so this is a temporary thing in any event.

I am not taking any chances - five visits in 12 months, family members and friends from US in attendance at wedding ceremony and reception in VN, receipts for anything you can imagine - rings, plane trips, meals, over a thousand pictures (most of them date and city stamped love that iPhone app), email/phone/skype logs, a year of Vietnamese language class (got receipts for that too) etc. Finally being a pack-rat and a little ####### is paying off..although I realize at the end of the day it comes down to the mood and whim of a consular officer.

Again - thanks and best of luck to all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks for all of your help - ANZ bank has indicated to me they can offer me an account but since it's utility in the visa process is limited I won't work too hard to get the account. I will reach out to Jerome for information on Wells. I'm a loyal USAA member so this is a temporary thing in any event.

I am not taking any chances - five visits in 12 months, family members and friends from US in attendance at wedding ceremony and reception in VN, receipts for anything you can imagine - rings, plane trips, meals, over a thousand pictures (most of them date and city stamped love that iPhone app), email/phone/skype logs, a year of Vietnamese language class (got receipts for that too) etc. Finally being a pack-rat and a little ####### is paying off..although I realize at the end of the day it comes down to the mood and whim of a consular officer.

Mood and whim is way off base, unless you are looking to not accept responsibility.

Visits, correspondence, several photos with family and friends, and your spouse being relaxed and confident at the interview will deliver the desired result. From what you've posted you can show the development of your relationship from first meeting to present. You've spent time together. She ought to be able to tell a nice story and answer questions about you and your life history.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

you're overdoing it, don't need a joint viet bank account and don't bring 1000 pics to the interview. where in OC are you?

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

yes i'm in the little saigon area. anyways it's good to be prepared but don't need to overdo it. seems you're pretty solid, although you don't encounter alot of cases where the petitioner makes 5 separate trips back to vietnam in one year.

"he's too squeaky clean, he must be dirty" ;)...quote from breaking bad.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.