Adrian_Trischa

Advance Parole

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

Just a general question regarding Advanced Parole. How quickly do they process this and how far in advance do they suggest you apply for this? Is there any way to expediate?

I know It's a little early for me to address Advanced Parole yet as we havn't even received my K1 Visa.

The reason I'm asking is because last Friday my father was diagonsed with terminal cancer and the doctors are unsure as to how long he will be around. He's absolutely adamant I still move over to USA and get married as he wants to be able to give me away at my wedding.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

14 Jan 2011 - Fiance sent me a message on a dating website

14 Jan 2011 - I added him on Facebook

26 Jan 2011 - Had a 5 hour long conversation that changed my life!

05 Feb 2011 - We decided to be an exclusive relationship

29 Jun 2011 - We met for the first time. It was exactly as I knew it would be!

14 Jul 2011 - He had to leave to go back to USA

17 Jul 2011 - Booked flights for me to go to USA for 3 months on VWP

29 Nov 2011 - Arrived in USA

25 Dec 2011 - HE PROPOSED!

21 Feb 2012 - Left USA for Australia

K1 Visa Process

16 Apr 2012 - NOA1

08 Aug 2012 - RFE

11 Sep 2012 - CSC received RFE documentation

11 Sep 2012 - Did Police Clearance

18 Sep 2012 - NOA 2

26 Sep 2012 - NVC sent case to consulate

16 Oct 2012 - Packet 3 received

18 Oct 2012 - Sent DS-230 off to Sydney Consulate

01 Nov 2012 - Medical completed

07 Nov 2012 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate

08 Nov 2012 - Packet 3 Delivered

15 Nov 2012 - Packet 4 Received

18 Dec 2012 - Interview APPROVED!

28 Dec 2012 - Entered USA POE:- LAX

09 Jan 2013 - Married

Advance Parole is applied with AOS and takes about 3 months to be approved. Yes, they can expedite it for something serious like what you describe above. I would plan on marrying fairly soon after entry and have the AOS paperwork ready to go to send out the day after your marriage. Then you request expedite (I suppose you could also request it with the initial submission).

And, sorry to hear of the situation, best wishes.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You can apply after you get married and get all of your documents together. Once you apply, should something unfortunate happen before you receive your EAD/AP (combo card issued now) then you can schedule an info pass with your local USCIS office and they should be able to help you.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

Advance Parole is applied with AOS and takes about 3 months to be approved. Yes, they can expedite it for something serious like what you describe above. I would plan on marrying fairly soon after entry and have the AOS paperwork ready to go to send out the day after your marriage. Then you request expedite (I suppose you could also request it with the initial submission).

And, sorry to hear of the situation, best wishes.

Thankyou for your speedy reply!

K1 Visa Process

16 Apr 2012 - NOA1

08 Aug 2012 - RFE

18 Sep 2012 - NOA 2

09 Jan 2013 - Married

Timeline

You can apply after you get married and get all of your documents together. Once you apply, should something unfortunate happen before you receive your EAD/AP (combo card issued now) then you can schedule an info pass with your local USCIS office and they should be able to help you.

Can I ask, do you have to have exact travel dates in order to apply for this?

K1 Visa Process

16 Apr 2012 - NOA1

08 Aug 2012 - RFE

18 Sep 2012 - NOA 2

09 Jan 2013 - Married

Timeline

Can I ask, do you have to have exact travel dates in order to apply for this?

No, you do not need exact dates. Based on what you are saying, I guess you should file your AOS/EAD/AP as soon as you can after marriage. The EAD/AP part usually is approved between 2-3 months. The AOS from K1 will take longer.

But, like Harpa mentioned, between the time of adjusting status and receiving your EAD/AP card, if an emergency should arise, schedule an infopass with your local USCIS office and explain to them the situation. If I am not mistaken, I believe they have the ability to actually "stamp" something into your passport that would allow re-entry. Maybe someone else who actually knows about this part will comment. I do not want to mislead you regarding the infopass meeting.

Good luck with your marriage.!

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

No, you do not need exact dates. Based on what you are saying, I guess you should file your AOS/EAD/AP as soon as you can after marriage. The EAD/AP part usually is approved between 2-3 months. The AOS from K1 will take longer.

But, like Harpa mentioned, between the time of adjusting status and receiving your EAD/AP card, if an emergency should arise, schedule an infopass with your local USCIS office and explain to them the situation. If I am not mistaken, I believe they have the ability to actually "stamp" something into your passport that would allow re-entry. Maybe someone else who actually knows about this part will comment. I do not want to mislead you regarding the infopass meeting.

Good luck with your marriage.!

They can print out a paper AP at INFOPASS, but an expedite can be requested by phone. I'd try phone first.

You do not need exact travel dates to apply. AP is routinely approved for people with AOS pending; you just want to get the approval faster.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

They can print out a paper AP at INFOPASS, but an expedite can be requested by phone. I'd try phone first.

You do not need exact travel dates to apply. AP is routinely approved for people with AOS pending; you just want to get the approval faster.

good.gifgood.gifI wil add that to my memory!

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.