Knabec

Baby on the way!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiancé and I have submitted are K1 papers in July. We're expecting to be together (if everything goes well) in 6-8 months from the time the NOA1 was recieved. The thing is I'm pregnant with our first child and am due Dec 2. Hopefully I should be receiving my NOA2 about that time. My question is is there any way for him to be present for the birth? He's in Mexico and doesn't have any other visas. Is there any way for him to come here for the birth and a few days or weeks after to be with me and the baby? Of course he will go back to wait for the finalization of the K1 process. Any info will greatly be appreciated.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancé and I have submitted are K1 papers in July. We're expecting to be together (if everything goes well) in 6-8 months from the time the NOA1 was recieved. The thing is I'm pregnant with our first child and am due Dec 2. Hopefully I should be receiving my NOA2 about that time. My question is is there any way for him to be present for the birth? He's in Mexico and doesn't have any other visas. Is there any way for him to come here for the birth and a few days or weeks after to be with me and the baby? Of course he will go back to wait for the finalization of the K1 process. Any info will greatly be appreciated.

He would need a tourist visa but its very unlikely he would be granted one in this situation. The only way to ever know for sure would be to pay the fee and step up to the window. He would have to prove he will return but there is no way to do that with a USC wife and a baby in the USA.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Im pregnant too filed in march hoping some wonderful angel would help us so he could be here for the birth of our first child. Unfortunately I just decided to face reality and accept he wont be here in Oct. Now im just praying the for christmas I can give my baby girl the chance to meet her Daddy. Ive cried about it so much, cursed vermont service center, hated on the APPROVED IN 60 DAYS people and their thread. Its really hard.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

We wish you all the best for a healthy baby and a quick visa process. Take the opportunity to look at the 'stickie' note at the top of the forum page, "Sure you can visit." It has many ideas and comments from fellow forum members on traveling while your K-1 visa is being processed.

Also, please correct your profile and timeline to the correct service center. The Texas Service Center DOES NOT process K-1 visa petitions, your petition was sent to the Dallas Texas Lockbox facility, and then sent to either the California Service Center (WAC) or the Vermont Service Center (EAC). You can easily determine which service center by looking at your Form I-797c (NOA1) receipt number prefix. Changing your information will result in more meaningful statistics for you.and for everyone that uses the forum.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is difficult for a Mexican male to get a tourist visa. In your situation, it will be extremely difficult. He can always make the visa appointment, pay the fee and take his chances. It will be a tough sell to prove he intends to return to Mexico with a fiancee and newborn being the reason he wants to go to the US though. You might think having applied for the K-1 could help show he will return, but it actually may go against him since it shows he already has immigration intentions.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.