martinch

I am lost and angry

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I feel lost and angry at the conflicting and confusing information I have read.

We have finally received an email from the Embassy in Moscow to schedule interview. I do not know if we can schedule medical exam one day and interview the next day.

My supporting documentation I sent to my fiancee will arrive on Aug 22nd.

my fiancee was told she would get police report in 2-4 weeks.

Since I don't trust FedEx or Russian Police I am not confident in scheduling interview now. Can I just risk it and schedule it for in 4 weeks and will I be able to reschedule it to a later date?

Once I have Interview scheduled can we try to schedule medical exam for day before or should just do it now.

It does not look easy to schedule back to back appointments. Should I just send her to Moscow twice or is there a way to schedule the two appointments? This kind of ticks me off at the additional travel expenses. Needless to say, but this is really confusing my fiancee and she thinks I keep changing my mind about what to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not sure how it is in Moscow, but the medical exam normally takes about 48 hours for the results to be available to you. So you might be able to do it in one trip, but plan on scheduling the medical exam at least three days before your interview, just in case. Although, to be safe, if it is feasible, I would just get the medical exam done in advance of the interview just to get it out of the way, and then there is no added stress right before the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've read multiple posts when people were successful in completing their medicals one day prior to interview. Get checked out in the morning, pick the results in the afternoon. I have no personal experience though (YET) - just telling what I read. So, she should be ok with one two-day trip to Moscow.

If she hasn't already - it's a good idea to order police certificate asap because it does take good 4 weeks to get it. Some get it a little faster if lucky, but who wants to test their luck?

If it was me, I would totally postpone scheduling the interview until she has her docs in her hands, because I have less than little trust in any sort of mailing. But that's just me..

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2012-02-03
US Entry : 2012-11-01

Adjustment of Status

I-485 sent : 2012-11-14
Interview : 2013-05-21

GC received: 2013-06-13

Removing conditions

I-751 Sent: 2015-03-02

Approval: 2015-12-11

GC received: 2015-12-21

Citizenship

N-400 sent: 2016-03-21

Interview: 2016-08-08

Oath: 2016-08-17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We have finally received an email from the Embassy in Moscow to schedule interview. I do not know if we can schedule medical exam one day and interview the next day.

Since I don't trust FedEx or Russian Police I am not confident in scheduling interview now. Can I just risk it and schedule it for in 4 weeks and will I be able to reschedule it to a later date?

Once I have Interview scheduled can we try to schedule medical exam for day before or should just do it now.

It does not look easy to schedule back to back appointments. Should I just send her to Moscow twice or is there a way to schedule the two appointments? This kind of ticks me off at the additional travel expenses. Needless to say, but this is really confusing my fiancee and she thinks I keep changing my mind about what to do.

It took Ruzana about 5 weeks to receive her police records. You can schedule the medical 2 days before the interview. The one clinic in moscow will give you the results in the same day. Her is what it says

INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION (IOM)

#12, 2nd Zvenigorodskaya, 1st entrance; Moscow, metro: "Ulitsa 1905 goda"

Appointment should be scheduled by phone: (495) 797-8723

Appointment hours: Mo-Thu 8:30 am – 5:30 pm; Fri: 8:30 am - 4.15 pm

(Those who come between 8:30 am and 12 pm, can obtain the results on the same day)

Cost of medical examination: ruble equivalents of $ 160 (adults), $120 (children under 15 years old). We allowed a extra day before the interview date just to make sure we had the medical.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

*Moved from K1 forum to RUB regional forum as questions are Moscow specific*

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

I'm unaware of the current system in regards to scheduling. Last I heard you emailed them and they'd email back with a date. I believe that's the current system.

As for the medical... anything in Russia can be same day.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Guys.. the Embassy has very recently revised the Interview Process. Go check it out. They now expect the Spouse to be at the Interview and now we choose the date for the Interview after NVC ok's the Petition, not the Embassy. We are also expected to schedule the Medical for ourselves. The good of this is we can better plan the travel, the bad of this is we have to be sure to get it down pat! Also, Pony Express WILL hold the VISA/Passport for us at one of the four offices in Moscow, or the local Pony Express office in the next larger city. They have a link that shows the addresses and phone numbers of the Pony Express offices, and there are many of them in Russia.

In our case we have to go to Novorossiysk which is about a 2.5 hour drive from her village. Not a real problem for us because we will be renting a car while in Krasnodar District. Our plan is to do our Interview and (if approved) notify the Moscow Embassy we want Lara's Visa held at the Novorossiysk Pony Express Office. We will then fly back from Moscow to Gelendzhik and call the local Pony Express Office every day after the Interview to ask them if they have it yet. It should arrive within 3 or 4 days after US Embassy has issued. Once we have the Visa in her possession we will then say our goodbyes and fly from Gelendzhik to Moscow. Next day we board a 777-300ER for New York (POE) and then a 757 to Sea-Tac in Seattle. O happy day! On that note..it seems the California Service Center is now at 9.5 months processing. Nyet Khoroshoye! Our Case is now 2 months old. This is a bit of a let down because we were hoping for 5 or 6 months processing. Now we'll be fortunate if we are together before all the Tulips have gone for the season :-/ The good if there is one is we won't be traveling in the depth of Winter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In Ukraine there is the 6 week price and the next day price for police records... :yes:

Edited by Tanya and Barry

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

I reviewed the requirement for K-1 applicant on the US embassy website for Moscow. I did not see any changes to the way it has been going for several years. They do recommend that the medical exam be performed no later than 2 days before the scheduled interview. You can not schedule a medical exam until you have the embassy case number anyway. If your SO will not have the police certificate for two to four weeks you should schedule the interview to be after the certificate will be received. I did not see any requirement for the American based fiance(ee) to attend the interview, so the earlier advice is probably in error.

Your fiancee has a lot of forms to complete and tasks to accomplish before the interview, so get the remaining documents gathered, translated if needed and insure that all is ready for the interview. Set the date for after the police certificate is available and insure the medical exam is completed at least two days before the interview. Do that and she will be flying to you this fall. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

If she's in Moscow, she is not getting that police report in 2 weeks. At least 4 weeks.

You need more than 24 hours between medical and interview. You can certainly get anything done in one day in Moscow, but that same type of "flexibility" known only in Russia means that any BS can happen and ruin it....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

If she's in Moscow, she is not getting that police report in 2 weeks. At least 4 weeks.

You need more than 24 hours between medical and interview. You can certainly get anything done in one day in Moscow, but that same type of "flexibility" known only in Russia means that any BS can happen and ruin it....

Some extra financial "consideration" will quicken any process.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Some extra financial "consideration" will quicken any process.

Some "universal" currency also known as alcogol was a little helpful

but my Wife was in the know about who to "gift". I was just the pack

Mule carting booze from one Metro to the next. The K-1 is a bit

different. But I agree with Amywrites about the need to plan for unknowns.

When we went to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get my affidavit to

marry approved there was a bit of a hitch. 9 days wait, not 5 days as the

nice folks say on the US Embassy website! Ouch!

I'd bet a few here can vouch for how much a room for two in Moscow costs

per day with no extra days booked on the reservation..

The goon at the Ministry was plain in the fact that Embassy data was

wrong. Paka Americanskii! Be very flexible with your wallet or pad the

time up front. Lesson learned.

Timeline

I reviewed the requirement for K-1 applicant on the US embassy website for Moscow. I did not see any changes to the way it has been going for several years. They do recommend that the medical exam be performed no later than 2 days before the scheduled interview. You can not schedule a medical exam until you have the embassy case number anyway. If your SO will not have the police certificate for two to four weeks you should schedule the interview to be after the certificate will be received. I did not see any requirement for the American based fiance(ee) to attend the interview, so the earlier advice is probably in error.

Your fiancee has a lot of forms to complete and tasks to accomplish before the interview, so get the remaining documents gathered, translated if needed and insure that all is ready for the interview. Set the date for after the police certificate is available and insure the medical exam is completed at least two days before the interview. Do that and she will be flying to you this fall. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Different process. Spouses (CR-1 in our case) ARE now recommended to attend Interview. I am a very married Spouse and so is my Russian Wife..to each other! :-) But I do agree with time and flows recommended. 4 weeks for Police record and agree again, there is a lot of paperwork to get done. I'd also remind that vaccination records are a need. If your Fiance does not have her records history of this she is looking at the need to have a series of vaccinations. The Hepatitis B administered MUST be over a timeframe. My Wife has her last vaccination next month. They will ask for this record at the Medical Exam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.