keyshawn18

Viss pick up in Accra

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Does anyone know what happens to those scheduled for visa pick up at Accra Embassy in Ghana on friday Aug 10, 2012.The reason I ask is because friday is a holiday due to the death of the Ghanaian president.The US Embassy typically observes all us and Ghanaian holidays.A few people who are scheduled to pick up their visas on friday have not heard any communication from the embassy.Does anyone here have any idea?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Does anyone know what happens to those scheduled for visa pick up at Accra Embassy in Ghana on friday Aug 10, 2012.The reason I ask is because friday is a holiday due to the death of the Ghanaian president.The US Embassy typically observes all us and Ghanaian holidays.A few people who are scheduled to pick up their visas on friday have not heard any communication from the embassy.Does anyone here have any idea?

They will most likely be closed. Visa pickups only happen on Fridays- so I would guess go the next Friday. If your fiance is not far they could try tomorrow or next Monday but I would guess Friday will be told to them. Only a guess though...

Timeline

I have confirmed that they are closed.Actually my fiancee is scheduled to pick up next week bt with them being closed on Friday I am wondering if that means not everyone will get their visas next friday since the group that was scheduled to pick up this friday will most likely be asked to come back next friday.i dont know if the embassy will ask both groups to come in on the same day for visa pick up.I dont see that happening.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Im here in Ghana and anytime it comes to doing ANYTHING with any goverment agency..believe me its a chaotic mess. Long drawn out processes, lack of communication, etc. I only thank God that they are closing places on Friday ONLY bcuz they seem to declare 'public holidays' all the time. Don't waste your time trying to call or email, because you won't get a response. His best bet is to show up on Monday and just inquire if it's not to inconvenient for him to do so. Most likely becuz they only issue them on Fridays, he will be asked to come back on Friday. I turned in my passport to get stamped for another extention (a process that usually takes 3 weeks, which is totally ridiculous) and they've now told me it will take a MONTH to get back due to the ONE DAY public holiday. Things here seem to just run in slowwww motion. Maybe its the heat :P

Timeline

As it turns out the embassy was closed and nobody bothered to notify those who had interviews scheduled for today not to show up- so they did and they were told to return next friday!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.