abner137

St. Lukes Questions

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

LOL... Giselle wants to know where they gave you your vaccinations....:rofl: in ur arm, or leg......or.....so funny but a real question.

Also if you wore slippers....:lol:

Its so funny to me, but she's serious......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Most vaccines are given in the arm of an adult....

Marina HATED HATED HATED (did I mention HATED) getting the shots. She took her frustration out on merofl.gif

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

I got 2 vaccines on the left arm, 2 on the right. I saw someone though, an adult as well, getting her vaccine on her thigh.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Several reasons why shots are given in the buttocks... GG shots used to be, if the shot is over 1cc, or if the patient has poor muscle mass or tiny arms. Taking a shot in the butt is actually less painful, but not really the norm anymore. Also, some heavy-duty antibiotics go in the butt.

But I am fairly certain all the shots given at St. Lukes are in the arm.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have to forewarn my fiancee.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Most vaccines required for immigration are subcutaneous shots and are given in the arm. No muscle needed and actually can be harmful if given in the muscle. There will be no antibiotics given and yes they are indeed given in a deep muscle.

I have to forewarn my fiancee.

Why put yourself through all that misery before hand. It will be bad enough on that dayheadbonk.gif

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most vaccines required for immigration are subcutaneous shots and are given in the arm. No muscle needed and actually can be harmful if given in the muscle. There will be no antibiotics given and yes they are indeed given in a deep muscle.

Why put yourself through all that misery before hand. It will be bad enough on that dayheadbonk.gif

2 shots in each arm and 1 shot in each leg, 6 shots total. She didn't wear chenilas, she dressed up a bit..

She was very mad at me also, but I took care of that very quickly when I arrived.. :rofl:

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

2 shots in each arm and 1 shot in each leg, 6 shots total. She didn't wear chenilas, she dressed up a bit..

She was very mad at me also, but I took care of that very quickly when I arrived.. :rofl:

YIKESblink.gif Because she received so many in one day, they rotated the injection sites. That is why they worked their way to her leg.

I had to buy Mari ice creamrofl.gif

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Received 5 vaccines (tdap,hepa b,varicella,mmr,influenza) influenza shot was in my thigh. Varicella at mmr are administered subcutaneously. The 3 vaccines was administered intramuscularly.

I saw people wearing only slippers. You can use tsinelas specially now. The weather here in Philippines is crazy. Lets pray for all the victims of flood.

case3.jpg

*CONTINUATION

Received 221g(NBI with AKA)

Sept 5, 2012- sent requested document

Sept 6, 2012- Received doc at USEM by Mr. Leonilo Bernardino

Sept 10, 2012- called USEM and VISA WAS ISSUED

Sept 13, 2012- RECEIVED MY VISA

Sept 14, 2012- CFO seminar done(SMEF-COW)

SEPT 22, 2012- HAPPY FOREVER AFTER

Timeline

Received 5 vaccines (tdap,hepa b,varicella,mmr,influenza) influenza shot was in my thigh. Varicella at mmr are administered subcutaneously. The 3 vaccines was administered intramuscularly.

I saw people wearing only slippers. You can use tsinelas specially now. The weather here in Philippines is crazy. Lets pray for all the victims of flood.

Ouch, they don't let you out of the Philippines without going through all the vaccines again.

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.