GGG1975

Automatic 2 year wait

68 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oh man. I'm sorry I missed the meat and potatoes of this thread. Sigh.

But you can still play !

Pick your favorite post here, click 'reply'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Another vote for the BS.

I too, vote for BS.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I am a US citizen. I repeated what she told me in order to make sure I heard her right. She said that USCIS & NVC have 2 years to make a determination on a case.

This is actually correct, when ya take NVC timeticks into consideration.

There are 3 docs for intake at NVC, and NVC actually gives you UP TO 1 YEAR on each thing, as long as you've kept in touch with NVC.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

While everybody has different experiences here is mine. I met my husband Sept 27 2010. Married my husband January 27, 2011.

Went for first interview at Casablanca consulate January 18th 2012. Request for more information and sent back to Uscis. Intention to revoke letter sent and re affirmed petition. Scheduled second interview 0ct 18th 2012. Result approved!

So i knew and married my husband for only 4 months. I am 9 years older than my husband. So two big red flags there. I came back after a month and started working so i didn't visit my husband until march 17th of 2012.

It's not impossible.

But is is hard to prove!

email everyday... even if it's quick. if you have an argument fight through email too. use a web based calling card. I used comfi.com to show all the times i reloaded the card as well as how long each call is. I called every night to say good night. Print all of your arguments and your mushy emails as well as your mudane ones. print those calling records! While in morocco i opened a joint account with my husband. If you go back to visit do that. If he can use it and then show bank statements it helps. Wire western union back and forth.

hang in there.

ALTHOUGH I WENT FOR A WEEK BEFORE MARRIAGE THEN FOR 6 WEEKS DURING THE MARRIAGE PROCESS THE OFFICER PUT AS A REASON TO DENY US WAS THAT I ONLY WENT ONCE AND STAYED ONLY A MONTH. Make sure you keep all records. Just dot your i's and cross your t's.

Good luck and God bless you!

Edited by M&NBForever

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you go and have a look in the MENA forum you will see a lot of people with similar stories to you.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you go and have a look in the MENA forum you will see a lot of people with similar stories to you.

Thank you but i was answering the original question from august a little late... just in case somebody stumbles upon this post and thinks it takes two years for the uscis to look at their file... aack ( i would scream with impatience!)

anyways i also forgot to mention that when tax time came up i filed to have my husband get an itin number and had him show the proof at the second interview that we filed jointly on taxes as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.