David R

email notification time frame

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

hi everyone, my fiancee and i just lodged our k1 visa petition to Dallas on Monday. we also sent the letter asking for email notification when the application was received, and we have yet to receive the email. does anyone know how long it could take to get the notification? thank you for your help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

they are not the swiftest with updates. Give it about 3-5 more days, you should have something then. More importantly, you will receive a hard copy in the mail. Your NOA1. That has the information on it you will need.

Go ahead and start your timeline and you will get time estimates based on other VJ members entering their respective information. :thumbs:

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi everyone, my fiancee and i just lodged our k1 visa petition to Dallas on Monday. we also sent the letter asking for email notification when the application was received, and we have yet to receive the email. does anyone know how long it could take to get the notification? thank you for your help!

I didnt get an email, but either way its not going to update you that they received it, they will send you an update they approved your petition. That can take up to two weeks to get in the mail

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

thanks so much.we filled in the form to get an email notification when our application had been received. we just want to know it arrived safely.

do we only wait 2 Weeks to see if our petition had been approved?i thought it would take at least 5 months.

I didnt get an email, but either way its not going to update you that they received it, they will send you an update they approved your petition. That can take up to two weeks to get in the mail

Actually, USCIS does send you an email and SMS on when the petition has been received and routed to the service center. The email provides the USCIS case #. However, there are plenty of instances of people on VJ who filed the G-1145 form with their petition package, but never received the electronic notification. USCIS will tell you to wait up to 30 business days to receive the hard copy of the receipt notice (NOA1), but most receive it within a week to 10 business days.

thanks so much.we filled in the form to get an email notification when our application had been received. we just want to know it arrived safely.

do we only wait 2 Weeks to see if our petition had been approved?i thought it would take at least 5 months.

No, the adjudication period can take about five months on average -- sometimes it can be shorter or longer. What the petitioner (USC) will receive is a notification of acceptance from USCIS. This will let you know they've received the petition, its location (California or Vermont), and have the case number on it.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

5-7 days after delivery.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks so much guys!!

It really depends on the time of filing, the load of petitions waiting around in the mailroom at USCIS, your location and various factors. Some have reported it to take days after filing, others have waited around a month. USCIS won't do anything before 30 have passed since filing the petition. We never got an email however 14 days after filing, we got NOA1 hardcopy.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.