Brad and Vika

Our daughter is here! (well, was here in June)

31 posts in this topic

Brad,

Congratulations I am sure that you and Vika are going to be very happy with your little bundle of joy. You are going to have to explain to her that you are very proud of you child and that like most Americans you are wanting to show off. There is nothing wrong with showing baby pictures, especially to family members in the form of an announcement. That usually brings well wishes and gifts of money for the child.

We are all very happy for you and hope that Vika and the baby are doing well. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Geez, dude... I would've disregarded all evil-eye worries (see, man) and broadcast this little cutie all over VJ weeks ago, gee man!

Tips and wisdom from recent experience (to wit, 18-month-old Mini-Bone):

1. SLEEP WHEN THE BABY SLEEPS, si man. No exceptions, no man.

B. Children will change your schedule, si man.

iii. The only diapers that are worth a ####### (pun) are Luvs, Huggies, & Babies 'R Us, pee man.

d. Apart from #1 above, you WILL NOT SLEEP for the first 18-months-&-counting, no man.

V. Congratulations on surviving the First Trimester, whoo-eee man.

6. And what a cutie little, uh, Mini-Vika-Boneva is, whee man!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Thanks again for the good wishes. So far, MIL is doing a good bit of the heavy lifting (FSU pun intended :lol: ). We are tired, but doing pretty well all-in-all. The obstetrician says that having daughters is better than having insurance, because they will take care of you when you need it. I hope that is true.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Somehow I missed this dangit! Brad, congratulations to you all, this is about the best news I've heard in awhile! She looks wonderful, and I have no doubt she's managed to find herself a great dad. So happy for you all! :)

Cheers

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congrats!!! Tanya feels the same about the evil eye. It is not to be taken lightly... :blush:

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Congrats!!! Tanya feels the same about the evil eye. It is not to be taken lightly... :blush:

As you see, I had to adjust the pics to get rid of the one with Vika in it. The other is on borrowed time.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As you see, I had to adjust the pics to get rid of the one with Vika in it. The other is on borrowed time.

That's funny... I saw it when it was there in the beginning. Congratulations to you both!

I have to say, seeing those pics, it makes me imagine and hope for the same for us in a couple of years... Very Cool!!!

K1 VISA / I129F

Vermont Service Center

Received: 1/19/2012

NOA1: 1/23/2012

Touched: 2/9/2012

NOA2: 7/30/2012

NVC Received: 08/08/2012

NVC Fwd To Consulate: 08/10/2012

Notification From Embassy: 08/27/2012

Interview: 09/25/2012 (Approved)

POE: 10/22/2012

Wedding: 10/26/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This thread is awesome, not because of the new baby (congrats, by the way) but because it highlights just how crazy those superstitions can be. Nine+ months is a long time to "must not talk about" something. Good job!

And good job on that kid too!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

That's funny... I saw it when it was there in the beginning. Congratulations to you both!

I have to say, seeing those pics, it makes me imagine and hope for the same for us in a couple of years... Very Cool!!!

Not helpful :lol:

This thread is awesome, not because of the new baby (congrats, by the way) but because it highlights just how crazy those superstitions can be. Nine+ months is a long time to "must not talk about" something. Good job!

And good job on that kid too!

I didn't want to get blamed if there was a problem :whistle:

Edited to say that I have a friend whose wife is about six months along. She is also Ukrainian. She has been morning sick about every day since they conceived apparently. I told him that it was his fault, and any Ukrainian witch doctor would tell him that her illness was caused by him telling people his wife was pregnant. At some point during the conversation he put me on speaker. I heard his wife shriek "You see? I said you so! You so stupid!" or something like that.

Edited by Brad and Vika

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I heard his wife shriek "You see? I said you so! You so stupid!" or something like that.

She must've went through the same training course my wife did.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wow! Congrats, Brad! I also had to do the 9 months of silence when we had our son. Congrats also on getting the MIL over to help out. Ours has had her visa for a couple months and is joining us next month. We can't wait to have some more help and just to see her too!

Life has just gotten more difficult for you I'm sure...but it's so much more interesting too...definitely worth it! You're going to love it more and more with each month that goes by...well, until she becomes a teenager! You know what they say...if you have a son, you only have to worry about one boy...but if you have a daughter, you have to worry about hundreds of boys! =)

Anyway, congrats again and we'll have to compare notes sometime!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Our daughter was born in June, and because of concern about attracting the evil eye, I was just given permission to let the information out. She is awesome, we are thrilled (but tired). In-laws are all ecstatic! This is why getting MIL here was such a big deal for us :lol:

IMG-20120626-00008.jpg

Congrats.

We just received Leonid's bus schedule for Kindergarten, which starts next Monday !!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Congrats.

We just received Leonid's bus schedule for Kindergarten, which starts next Monday !!

An exciting time. Probably stressful for mamichka though.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Congratulations! :)

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.