laling_ko

nvc case status

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I emailed NVC on July 25 a copy of my passport to correct the wrong entry of my birthday on their records since they can't provide any info regarding our case status unless we can send a proof of the beneficiary's birthday, and this what i received from them dated on August 2,

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) is unable to assist you with your

inquiry. Please direct your inquiry to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

General processing your petition.

for the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate General. The individual

Embassy or Consulate General website includes contact information for

visa-related inquiries.

what does it mean? im confused, does it mean that our case was already forwarded to the embassy/consulate? by the way, my fiance received a letter from NVC dated on July 24th that they received the approved petition and they will forward it with in a week to the beneficiary's embassy, and the letter has manila case number. Does anyone have the same case or have idea about this, please help me to figure it out, since NVC can not provide our case status.

Thank you!

Edited by laling_ko

The NVC letter says: "Don't bother us, talk to the Embassy instead."

By the way, your case is at the Embassy by now, so you should pay the visa fee at BPI and schedule an interview.

In the meantime, you can email the Embassy with the correction.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

By the way, your case is at the Embassy by now, so you should pay the visa fee at BPI and schedule an interview.

alright! thank you, i already did, that was only my concern, to know if my case has been forwarded to the embassy coz i already did set appointment for my interview on the earliest slot they have. (sept.15)

alright! thank you, i already did, that was only my concern, to know if my case has been forwarded to the embassy coz i already did set appointment for my interview on the earliest slot they have. (sept.15)

Don't worry, your case will be forwarded to the Embassy before September 15. :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.