abbi627

2 more questions

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I thought of 2 more things I wanted to ask:

1. Were there any problems with entering Morocco? By that I mean did they ask you a lot of questions like why you are there, the purpose of your visit, etc?

2. Did your US cell phone work while in Morocco?

Thanks again.

I thought of 2 more things I wanted to ask:

1. Were there any problems with entering Morocco? By that I mean did they ask you a lot of questions like why you are there, the purpose of your visit, etc?

2. Did your US cell phone work while in Morocco?

Thanks again.

1. Never a problem and never questioned, but I always flew from Spain and that might make a difference. As well I look Spanish and have a Spanish last name.

2. depend on the provider, in areas outside major cities, expect to lose connectivity

For both above, last time I was there was 3 years ago

Filed: Timeline

Make sure you have a address of where you are staying if it is his place or a hotel as you will need to write this information on a custom sheet before your flight lands in Morocco. The guard will take this info from you while you wait thru security and get the okay to enter.

The guard always asked me where are you staying and what is your purpose here. Early stages, I said I was a tourist and later down the road, I said I was visiting my fiance and his family.

Edited by foreverwaiting

Timeline

I'm staying with his family so I will need to give them their address at the airport? And just tell them I am visiting my fiance and his family? Thanks. I am just starting to think of all of these things. And I am a chronic worrier!

Timeline

Yes, you'll need to give their address on the form you fill out on the plane. I've never been asked about why I'm there, though a couple times they have looked at my form and repeated my job to me and I've confirmed my occupation. I have never had a bad experience with any of the guards, though. Most of the times I've gone through their passport control without any questions at all. Even the occupation thing almost seemed more like curiosity or small talk. I did not feel interrogated or like my answer would give me problems getting into the country! It's always been a breeze.

1344108749[/url]' post='5584702']

I'm staying with his family so I will need to give them their address at the airport? And just tell them I am visiting my fiance and his family? Thanks. I am just starting to think of all of these things. And I am a chronic worrier!

On the flight about an hour before landing, they will hand out a custom form for you to fill out. On this form, it will ask to give the address of where you will be staying. I didn't fill it out the first time, as I stayed in a hotel and only had the name. The guard asked why I didn't know the address to give to taxi. I said cause my friends are taking me there, they were Morocans. From then on, I had a address lol.

Once you land, you will make your way thru security and give them your passport and the white custom sheet with all your information filled in. He will keep this form, type something into the computer and then you can bypass them and make your way to the luggage claim.

Edited by foreverwaiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

For my experience each time was easy. In either airport they were courteous and went very smooth.

Like advised, have the address of the families home ready to fill out and I remember they always asked of my occupation. :blink:

They dont like self employed????

When you going? Have a wonderful trip!!!

event.png

event.png

1344112524[/url]' post='5584787']

For my experience each time was easy. In either airport they were courteous and went very smooth.

Like advised, have the address of the families home ready to fill out and I remember they always asked of my occupation. :blink:

They dont like self employed????

When you going? Have a wonderful trip!!!

Ohhhh yeah that's right.....they did ask about employment. Lol all I could say is I was a stay home mom, he just stared at me as if I was crazy lol...smiled and said okay.

Timeline

That scared me a bit when you said they asked about your occupation. I'm a stay at home mom of a special needs child and a self-employed pet sitter. I hope they accept that ok.

1344122106[/url]' post='5584981']

That scared me a bit when you said they asked about your occupation. I'm a stay at home mom of a special needs child and a self-employed pet sitter. I hope they accept that ok.

Lol...I would love to see there faces when you tell them pet sitter. As you know a vast majority of Moroccans do not have Pets in their home. I have a chiweenie dog and it took Mohammed some time to get use to it. Mohammed still does not let charlie touch his feet lol or sit next to him due to the cleanliness thing I guess.

Don't worry they can't kick you out of the country lol due to no employment, it's just standard questioning. You'll be just fine.

my parents have a chiweenie too, but i'd never heard them called that, and when i tell my dad about that name he's going to love it.

barkley rides in my husband's lap on the way to work-he gets a ride from my dad in the mornings. my husband is one of the few people that dog actually likes, lol.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

my parents have a chiweenie too, but i'd never heard them called that, and when i tell my dad about that name he's going to love it.

barkley rides in my husband's lap on the way to work-he gets a ride from my dad in the mornings. my husband is one of the few people that dog actually likes, lol.

Aww that's awesome that your husband lets him ride on his lap to work. Every time Charlie gets into the car he throws up about 15 minutes into the ride, otherwise we have to always let him stick his face out the window to prevent him from this. I would post a picture here of charlie but I don't know how to add the link here as I tried but it didn't work. Charlie loves Mohammed and waits at the door every evening at 6:15 and awaits for him to open the door and goes absolutely nuts when he walks in. Maybe someday, Mohammed will let him sit on or near his lap as Charlie loves laying close to people. Unsure if Barkley sleeps on his back, but this is the only way Charlie will sleep.

Curious since I have never met anyone who has a Chiweenie before, but is Barkley a picky eater? I wonder if it's just Charlie, but after researching, I found that Chihuahua's are very picky when it comes to food and I have not found in three years a food that he really likes though he weights 20 lbs LOL but the Dachshund in him loves soft food.

Edited by foreverwaiting

Timeline

Those are cute stores about the dogs. I had a dachshund for many many years and I loved her so much. Now I have two Italian Greyhounds and they are spoiled rotten. I guess it is going to be funny to see the reaction when I say my occupation is pet sitter. Thanks for all of your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.