sdee11

CFO SEMINAR

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When my fiancé was there she was texting me because CFO wanted to know MY mother's maiden name!

We had no idea the CFO was so intense. It was much more work than the damn embassy interview! She had to answer so many questions. Luckily she knew most of it by heart, as we didn't bring all our visa paperwork (which I'd advise people to do). Bring your interview support, they may very well ask to see all of that.

Jena attended the CFO seminar in Cebu about 6 years ago. She didn't have near the horror stories I've read here. We got her sticker afterwards in Manila. She brought consent letters from both parents but wasn't asked for them. I think she was 22 at the time of the interview. I warned her about what to expect in the seminar.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

When my fiancé was there she was texting me because CFO wanted to know MY mother's maiden name!

We had no idea the CFO was so intense. It was much more work than the damn embassy interview! She had to answer so many questions. Luckily she knew most of it by heart, as we didn't bring all our visa paperwork (which I'd advise people to do). Bring your interview support, they may very well ask to see all of that.

Ya the petitioner's mother's maiden name has been a standard question for some time now. Now that most are aware of it they have moved on to the landline question which is really dumb considering so many now a days do not use anything but a cell phone.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I think the mother's maiden name trick is used on most attendees. Good thing it is brought to light here in MANY threads. When Roxane attended, they wanted a phone number for me, even though I was in Afghanistan at the time. She called me, and I just made one up, since I didn't have one. Probably wouldn't be an issue for most couples, as they probably know their fiance's state-side phone number.

Timeline

They need the maiden name because in states there is "no" family name.. So there is a possibility that there is a lots of ..... ...... (fiance name) in states but once they attached the maiden name of your fiance mother, only one person will come up.. Their point is they want to check if the petitioner did petitioned any filipina before or to see if they are block listed here..

Landline number is because, simcard can be replaced instantly and the landline cannot "cut" easily!!!

They discussed it on the seminar..

They need the maiden name because in states there is "no" family name.. So there is a possibility that there is a lots of ..... ...... (fiance name) in states but once they attached the maiden name of your fiance mother, only one person will come up.. Their point is they want to check if the petitioner did petitioned any filipina before or to see if they are block listed here..

Landline number is because, simcard can be replaced instantly and the landline cannot "cut" easily!!!

The problem is 1/3 of Americans no longer have landlines. As more and more people get cell phones, fewer are seeing the need for paying for a landline they never use. I have a magicjack line, only because my daughter is over sometimes and she might need to call out when I'm not there. Even she has a cell, but she forgets to keep it charged all the time or leaves it at her mother's house. I don't recall if my wife needed my landline number when she went through the CFO, but she did know the magicjack number.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Good reasons for the beneficiary to bring along the I-129F packet and the I-134 packet to the CFO seminar:

> The maiden name of the petitioner's mother is on the petitioner's G-325A.

> If the CFO wants additional proof that the petitioner is single, just show them the petitioner's current income tax return or income tax transcript where the petitioner filed as "single."

About the landline phone number, don't worry, the CFO isn't going to call the petitioner, so the beneficiary can give them any phone number and call it a landline phone number.

I was just thinking, if the problem is the landline number

maybe this can help DUMMY PHONE NUMBERS

I use this website for my work before, as a Link Builder needs to make multiple dummy accounts of

social networking sites. B-):P :P :yes:

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2
---------------------------

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

Timeline

I was just thinking, if the problem is the landline number

maybe this can help DUMMY PHONE NUMBERS

I use this website for my work before, as a Link Builder needs to make multiple dummy accounts of

social networking sites. B-):P :P :yes:

I think it's more of a "trying to feel important" thing with their additional questions. They are suppose to be advising their citizen's of the dangers they can come across in the world, not my landline number, Mother's maidan name, how much I make and two phone numbers of her neighbor's in the province. It should be really interesting to see how it goes with the CFO taking back the Seminar here shortly.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

It is good to know... great info. I didn't know about all those question and I didn't think the seminar was hard but now we know and will be ready. I will probably use my work number as my land line since I don't have one just like most Americans.

We are still trying to decide what would be the best way to go (CFO before or after...) My fiance is pregnant and lives in province and that makes it so hard to travel and we are trying to have our baby born in USA but we are running out of time.

Tomorrow she will get the results from the medical and next week she has the interview at the USME. It was such a bad timing since Manila has all the floods but tanks God everything is going well.

Regards

Bhes and Heri.

Timeline

It is good to know... great info. I didn't know about all those question and I didn't think the seminar was hard but now we know and will be ready. I will probably use my work number as my land line since I don't have one just like most Americans.

We are still trying to decide what would be the best way to go (CFO before or after...) My fiance is pregnant and lives in province and that makes it so hard to travel and we are trying to have our baby born in USA but we are running out of time.

Tomorrow she will get the results from the medical and next week she has the interview at the USME. It was such a bad timing since Manila has all the floods but tanks God everything is going well.

Regards

Bhes and Heri.

In your case I would do as soon as possible, who knows how it will go after the CFO takes over and has limited spots. She can attend either before her interview, same day or day after. Have her go to St. Mary's as they are a first come first serve still. Just make sure she is prepared.. Good luck..

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

That MIGHT make sense, but if a person was going to commit fraud, all he would have to do is give his fiance a fake maiden name.

And a landline can be changed almost as easily as a simcard. I can call my phone company and change my number at least twice a month for free, I know. In our case, I had no landline, so I just made up a number with the proper area code. So if they gave you that excuse for asking for a landline, it was a WEAK one!

Timeline

That MIGHT make sense, but if a person was going to commit fraud, all he would have to do is give his fiance a fake maiden name.

And a landline can be changed almost as easily as a simcard. I can call my phone company and change my number at least twice a month for free, I know. In our case, I had no landline, so I just made up a number with the proper area code. So if they gave you that excuse for asking for a landline, it was a WEAK one!

True...

Speaking of fake maiden name.. Well, they got my fiance birth certificate..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.