Rob&Ema

Emas CFO experience

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

Ema just completed her CFO seminar session. She will do her medical on monday the 6th and will have her interview

on the 16th. She was able to complete the seminar before hand to get it done and out of the way.

I will type her experience.

She called the CFO office in Cebu (032 255-5253) inquiring about the certification and they told her to call

St Mary Euphrasia Foundation-COW in Ayaay Archade right across USC campus in Mango for Guidance & Counseling Office

(032-235-3745). They told her to show up at 8am and have these requirements Valid ID with photocopy, passport with photocopy, NSO birth certificate with photocopy, photocopy of fiance's passport, CENOMAR with photocopy, a photocopy of fiance's document showing his status, 3 pictures of you together.

She showed up before 8 and the guard told her to write her name on the list and come back at 8am. At 8 they were allowed

inside and went to the 3rd floor of Ayaay Achade. There were 10 attending today. She went inside the seminar room according to

the list and took a chair. She was given a small piece of paper and was asked to write the maiden name of her fiances mother

on it. They were then called one by one to a window. # 1 to window one. # 2 to window two. They were asked if she had her visa or

it was still in process, what kind of visa, fiancee or spouse. They were looking at her documents that she brought.

Make sure you have the last page of the passport photocopied as well. Then stapled all the documents with the forms to be filled out.

They were asked to go to window three to have their photos taken. Be seated and then fill out the forms. They asked her the

name of the company I work for along with the address of the company and the course in college I had taken. After the forms were

completed they were turned in and checked. They went into another room for the seminar. There they talked about various abuses and

things you might encounter, customs and traditions. All the personel were polite and treated them well. They were given a

departure check list, what to bring, what not to bring, what to remember, exit clearence, arrival and also talked to about how

some filipinas coming to be married to foreigners could be unpredictable.

One story she was told how a filipina called her fiance and told him her flight would be 2 hrs late. When she arrived in the US

her finace wasn't there to pick her up, she called him and he said he wasn't coming. She called her sister back in the Philippines and asked her what should she do. So her sister called a chat mate in the same city as her sister, he went to pick the girl up at the airport. She stayed the night then the guy called her fiance the next morning, he said he would never come get her. So the guy paid for her to return to the Philippines. ( Nice guy ). Just so happend as fate would go, the man that helped her

kept in contact and they developed a relationship and they ended up being married.

She said the seminar finished around 11:30 and dismissed till 1 pm and they were called one by one for counseling. They were asked about the relationship between you and your finace. Personal details.

Afterwards she was given her certificate of completetion and was told to go get it photocopied and then she took a copy to the CFO office in Cousing-Lozada Bldg. osmena Blvd corner MJ Cuenco St Cebu City. She was told once she has her visa to return and they will attach the sticker needed.

Hope this helps those that are in processing and maybe save some time by getting it done early.

Rob

May 9, 11. Met on dating site Filipinacupid

chat 2x a day since

Dec 23, 11. met in Cebu, traveled to Balamban.

Dec 25th 11 asked her fathers permission to marry her in Cebuano. Engaged.

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 18th 12, I-129f recieved at vsc

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

July 16th, called nvc recieved case #

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Aug 16th, Interview date and Approved

Timeline

Hi thanks very much for posting this. I have a question. You said she was told to bring:

" a photocopy of fiance's document showing his status"

What is this that you are referring to? What sort of document?

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi thanks very much for posting this. I have a question. You said she was told to bring:

Thanks

They want a copy of his divorce decree if he has been divorced, or if widowed a copy of the death certificate.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks

On last years tax form under filing status will show what they need.

depositphotos_3769756-1040-tax-form.jpg

Edited by Rob&Ema

chat 2x a day since

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Timeline

Walay sapayan, this is quite an ordeal. Ema is so ready to be here. So I tought it may give a little incite and some won't have to wait till the med and interview are finished first. May save time getting to the one they love.

Edited by Rob&Ema

chat 2x a day since

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

Aug 1st, CFO completed

I, too, am curious about your statement: " a photocopy of fiance's document showing his status "... what is this document? A divorce decree? Roxane had to show that in our case. But I wonder what they would ask for if I had been single? Cuz in the US, we don't have a CENOMAR like in the PI.

LOLZ about the "scary story" of the woman whose fiance left her hanging at the airport. I wonder how exactly the lady at CFO knew about it? I can't see a woman going thru the entire visa/CFO process, getting to the US, getting dumped on by her fiance, and then going back to CFO and telling them about her experience. Just doesn't seem like something that would be worth the trouble of doing, nor the embarrassment. Is there a compelling reason to report this sort of thing to the CFO?

Timeline

I guess they were asking for a status document to compare it to the cenomar. I was asking Ema about it and they said it was something they wanted to see to show you are not presently married or divorced or something along those lines. My 1040 tax form came to mind because I was racking my brain on what could be used. Since it has a filing status and it was filed with the gov it worked fine.

As far as the story goes, I don't know the exact details of that either. Maybe when she didn't get married and returned she had to file a report saying why she didn't stay and what happend. It may be connected when you come back through immigration back into the country.

chat 2x a day since

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Yes, that makes sense that she might get questioned upon her immediate return...

And if one was previously married and divorced in the US, a divorce decree would show that "status"... but what if one were never married? Not much that I can think of that would show that in the US. I guess a 1040 "kind of" proves singleness. But never really thought about it. Then again, I never heard of a CENOMAR until a year or two ago! People just kind of took my word when I told them I was married or single!

Timeline

Does anyone know what happened to the other CFO thread? The one talking about only 12 spots etc? I can't seem to find it now. If anyone can link to it, it'd be great - I've looked 5 pages deep on the forum with no luck but it's vanished or my brain's playing tricks.

Timeline

chat 2x a day since

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Timeline

Sounds like it was a lot.. Lol!!!

I was in CFO yesterday at SMEF-COW here in Manila.. The requirements they got from me are:

2 photocopy of my passport

2 photocopy of my birth certicate

My fiance divorce decree

my fiance birth certificate

And 2 parents consent..

Timeline

Sounds like it was a lot.. Lol!!!

I was in CFO yesterday at SMEF-COW here in Manila.. The requirements they got from me are:

2 photocopy of my passport

2 photocopy of my birth certicate

My fiance divorce decree

my fiance birth certificate

And 2 parents consent..

Hey my fiance only has the one guardian "her brother".. Both her parents are deceased, will this be ok? How can she have 2 parental consents?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.