7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My Husband had his interview July10th @ 8:15 he sat there for hours for them to finally call him and tell him they rescheduled his interview for July12th @ 815..He went to the appointment and they asked him a few questions about his tattoos then handed him a blue paper and told him to wait until they contact him!!..and thats all they told him?? the blue paper just states that he is in administrative processing i dont think its a 221G?? When i call do get any information from his case they tell me that theres nothing on the case since his interview..is that normal shouldnt it say hes under administrative processing?? and do you think hes under this due to his tattoos?? I havent really heard of anyone thats went through Mexico AP..so if you have or are?? please help me figure out whats going on !!! Thank You !!

i do no theres nothing i can do to speed it up correct and it can take days weeks months or even a year??

Mrs. Salazar

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think it is most definitely about your husbands tattoos. I recommend going over to Immigrate2us.net, there is a sticky in the Panama forum, and probably other forums that address this issue. Seems they are suspicious of any and all tattoos, and have been known to issue lifetime bans for suspicion of gang relation

Yeah, I agree with the previous poster. Get to immigrate2us.net and have a look around, and if you don't have a lawyer, definitely consider consulting with Laurel Scott or either of the other two lawyers linked in my signature.

Here's a sticky from the I-601 El Salvador section of i2us regarding tattoos, but a lot of this is relevant to Mexico as well. This is a really big situation, I have a few friends whose spouses are banned for life from US visas due to tattoos they got in their youth. Here's also a news article about the situation:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303933404577505192265987100.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories#articleTabs=article

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

when i get on to the ceac.state.gov website and sign in...in states the its refused is that due to the fact he didnt get it at the interview and they have him in administrative processing or that there done with his administrative processing and he was DENIED?? =/

Mrs. Salazar

Gather all the information you've received from the consulate and talk to a lawyer right away. These tattoo cases are not really a "just hope for the best" situation. It's very likely going to require some legal action, and if the consulate tries to allege gang ties, they don't need any proof except the tattoo. Preventing that charge in the first place is absolutely your top priority, but you're going to need good, experienced legal help to do it. It's beyond what most of us on immigration forums are capable of. Laurel Scott, Laura Fernandez, Lizz Cannon. These are great lawyers who know all about the tattoo issues.

The article linked above also mentions a law suit being filed on behalf of a lot of people in this situation. One of the lawyers I've mentioned might be able to advise you if that's the direction to take if this is a denial.

I'm really sorry if it is a denial. Having been denied for life at the Ciudad Juarez consulate, I can say my family still is dealing with the scars of that decision four years later. :(

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.