cj319

visit only once in a 4 year relationship

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi all ,

i just want to know if i anyone have the same experience as mine. i am wondering if, it matters if i just met my fiancee once in a 4 year relationship

me and my fiancee met in 2008 through a social community

i was living with my parents then and wanted to live in Arizona, on the 2nd year of our relationship i moved in AZ and started to have a job made my self financially stable and went to meet her last year March. Unable to return again because we plan to buy a house instead of spending the money to buy a plane ticket and see her again Dec of last year when we filed our visa petition. We had our MNL Case # July 21st. were both anxious that the # of visit would affect her interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As long as you've been face to face within 2 years of filing the petition you are ok as far as meeting the requirement.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

As long as you've been face to face within 2 years of filing the petition you are ok as far as meeting the requirement.

yes we did and i even met her family. by the way i just stayed for a week too because i need to go back for my job.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes we did and i even met her family. by the way i just stayed for a week too because i need to go back for my job.

Hopefully you have pictures, plane boarding passes and other proof that you met in the past 2 years.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi all ,

i just want to know if i anyone have the same experience as mine. i am wondering if, it matters if i just met my fiancee once in a 4 year relationship

i was living with my parents then and wanted to live in Arizona, on the 2nd year of our relationship i moved in AZ and started to have a job made my self financially stable and went to meet her last year March. Unable to return again because we plan to buy a house instead of spending the money to buy a plane ticket and see her again Dec of last year when we filed our visa petition. We had our MNL Case # July 21st. were both anxious that the # of visit would affect her interview.

if you are comfortable that you have enough proof evidence, then you should be OK.kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

Don't worry my friend, does the same thing. she's in US now..

Good-luck

Timeline

if you are comfortable that you have enough proof evidence, then you should be OK.kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

Don't worry my friend, does the same thing. she's in US now..

Good-luck

thank you all for the replies, that puts my worries away. were planning to have her schedule next month until were done completing the papers. Good luck to all as well.

You guys will be fine. You have met the basic requirement of meeting in person within the past 2 years. If you have proof of your whole relationship, it will be an easy interview. Good luck!

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

There is many here,,, that met their GF in the Philippines and applied for the K1 a few days or weeks later. And seldom is their

a denial for a Filipina I129F.

In your case you actually have a bit of a relationship beyond the 2 year meet requirement. Relax,,, you will be fine.

Regards,

dc

Timeline

hi all ,

We have the same situation. Me and my husband met 2007, became couple 2008 and he only visited Philippines once in Dec 2009. And we filed our K1 visa on June 2001 (nick of time before the 2 years meet requirement due). I was also scared that it will gonna be a issue but it's not! :D . If you have supporting documents like boarding passes, hotel reservation and pictures, etc., that will be good. You just need to be confident to answer all the consul questions. Actually he didn't even take a look at it. I just showed it to a Filipina (preliminary interview) and she arranges all documents for final interview.

Goodluck to both of you!

AOS

July 30, 2012 - Sent AOS Package

Aug 03, 2012 - Received NOA ( AOS, EAD, AP)

Aug 08, 2012 - Received Biometrics Letter Appointment

Aug 17, 2012 - Received RFE Letter

Aug 24, 2012 - Biometrics at USCIS Charlotte

Sep 05, 2012 - USCIS received response to RFE

Oct 06, 2012 - EAD Card Production

Oct 15, 2012 - EAD/AP combo card on hand

May 07, 2013 - AOS approved

May 16, 2013 - Permanent Resident Card received

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you are Ok. I have heard some successful K-1 applicants who visited only once and they still got approved. Important is you have an authentic relationship. I admire your reason for not visiting more, because you need to save some money for house purchase. That is very practicable. Hope everything will work out when you and her are already living in one roof. There are always adjustment period -- there are things that you only discover it when you truly share same place 24/7. But, just do your best...give love to the fullest-- stand FIRM for the relationship, and most, let God do the rest. God bless ! :)

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I have heard some successful K-1 applicants who visited only once and they still got approved.
People who are reading this thread and who will be dealing with countries other than the Philippines are strongly cautioned that visa approval on the basis above might be highly unusual. In fact, with so little "face time" (as in just one visit), your consulate could refuse the visa outright.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

thanks for all the information. it mean a lot to hear most of you had visited once and had their visa approved. i dearly love her an wanted her here as soon as possible. actually it was her idea to be practical about all the visiting expense. i wanted to go back there to see her but she refused she said we already filed the paper so we just need to wait and save the money. i am very lucky to have such a wise girl. we didn't have any engagement party or bought a ring yet because she said it's not necessary. she wanted to pick her own ring when she gets here. so you think that can be an issue as well?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks for all the information. it mean a lot to hear most of you had visited once and had their visa approved. i dearly love her an wanted her here as soon as possible. actually it was her idea to be practical about all the visiting expense. i wanted to go back there to see her but she refused she said we already filed the paper so we just need to wait and save the money. i am very lucky to have such a wise girl. we didn't have any engagement party or bought a ring yet because she said it's not necessary. she wanted to pick her own ring when she gets here. so you think that can be an issue as well?

No it's not.. Just relax and be positive......smile.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.