luvbugs4ever

Is this normal?

17 posts in this topic

Hi to all,

I just want to have an enlightenment with our case for our K3, my husband sent ou I-129F to Chicago Service Center and just today i received an email that they transferred our case to VSC. Is this normal that they do send papers of I-129F to VSC? I'm confused here... isn't it the Chicago Office who does the approval of K3 application? Below is the email i received:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: MSC070*******

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On October 18, 2006, we transferred your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as

processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your

case has been transferred to a local office.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case

status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or

advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please

contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice

that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

009.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Is your petition for a K-3 or K-1? You state K-3 in your post, but you have K-1 listed in your profile. If it's a K-1, then it's normal for petitions to be transferred among service centers to help balance the work load.

Oh, and Missouri (MSC/NBC) processes all K-3 petitions.

Hope this helps!!!

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

In the timeline they applied for a K1 and then married. They sent a letter to stop the K1 so this is why there seems to be some confusion.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

We are on K3 now and im talking about our K3 papers... the K1 that i mentioned, is our previous application and we are cancelling it already because we are alreayd married now.

anyone know the # where we can call the Chicago office?

009.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Thanks! my husband just called and the lady she talked with says, it has no problem because the Chicago Center does sends the application to its corresponding local offices. Huh?!!! should we rely with what the lady said?

I have just recd the same email too and posted here to find out if this is normal. Maybe there is a NEW K-3 process that was instituted recently that we are the first to hit on?

Mine is a K-3 application too, and the date of the transfer is the same - 10/18/06 from MSC to VSC

Interesting, and a just a bit worrisome, since its all new ....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just replied to Aditi's post... this happened to me and I also received a letter which made me feel better as the letter said it was being transferred for faster processing. I hope it's true! It must be something new they've started doing.

Thanks! my husband just called and the lady she talked with says, it has no problem because the Chicago Center does sends the application to its corresponding local offices. Huh?!!! should we rely with what the lady said?

I have just recd the same email too and posted here to find out if this is normal. Maybe there is a NEW K-3 process that was instituted recently that we are the first to hit on?

Mine is a K-3 application too, and the date of the transfer is the same - 10/18/06 from MSC to VSC

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

hmmmmmmmmm not 100% on this as USCIS can and does move petitions to other centers if they are backlogged etc But there is still the chance that your petition may of been wrongfully assumed to be a petition for a fiance as petitions for a spouse are all processed at the NBC. Checking NCSC again to speak to another operator is not going to hurt. Keep in mind that this is often referred to as the misinformation line.

When a petition or application is reviewed at the lockbox in Chicago they are checked for the basics and routed to the corresponding office/center.

Basic biographical information

Signature on the Form

Jurisdiction of the submitted Form

Correct fee

Basic Eligibility (including visa availability) of applicant

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Wheeww... im a lil bit relieved now that you too guys received such kind of notice. I really thought it has something to do with our cancellation of our K1 or worst yet, we thought that NBC thought our papers was an application for a K1(fiancee). I hope this means a really FASTER processing and not the other way around....

I just replied to Aditi's post... this happened to me and I also received a letter which made me feel better as the letter said it was being transferred for faster processing. I hope it's true! It must be something new they've started doing.

aussiewench, Thanks... you have a point, this is exactly what i thought so too, but i am hoping that NBC wouldn't have confused our K3 to be K1 and transfer it to VSC hence we submitted copy of our marriage certificate, plus the NOA1 for I-130 and a cover letter stating about our application. I hope what they did is for faster processing and not the other way around... :crying::help:

hmmmmmmmmm not 100% on this as USCIS can and does move petitions to other centers if they are backlogged etc But there is still the chance that your petition may of been wrongfully assumed to be a petition for a fiance as petitions for a spouse are all processed at the NBC. Checking NCSC again to speak to another operator is not going to hurt. Keep in mind that this is often referred to as the misinformation line.

When a petition or application is reviewed at the lockbox in Chicago they are checked for the basics and routed to the corresponding office/center.

Basic biographical information

Signature on the Form

Jurisdiction of the submitted Form

Correct fee

Basic Eligibility (including visa availability) of applicant

009.gif

If I were any of you, I would not assume that one has just be rerouted to a service center for faster processing. It only takes one new person reviewing petitions and applications at the lockbox, to wrongfully assume that the I-129F petition is only used for a fiance, for a whole bunch to be routed wrongly. Mistakes do happen. Just a thought and worth chasing up for absolute confirmation.

Wheeww... im a lil bit relieved now that you too guys received such kind of notice. I really thought it has something to do with our cancellation of our K1 or worst yet, we thought that NBC thought our papers was an application for a K1(fiancee). I hope this means a really FASTER processing and not the other way around....

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

I'll ask my husband again to call the same #, he might be lucky to talk to someone else who knows better than the lady he talked with over the phone. I agree on you "aussie", i just checked the processing time of VSC and it doesnt show any I-129F for K3/K4 case, but how can we check on what date they are already processing hence it is not there? :crying::crying::crying:

If I were any of you, I would not assume that one has just be rerouted to a service center for faster processing. It only takes one new person reviewing petitions and applications at the lockbox, to wrongfully assume that the I-129F petition is only used for a fiance, for a whole bunch to be routed wrongly. Mistakes do happen. Just a thought and worth chasing up for absolute confirmation.

009.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just had my first experience calling into the customer service line @ 800-375-5283.

My experience was that its a line designed to offer little to no chance of actually talking to a person if you punch in your MSC receipt number. In fact it tells us exactly what the email did :)

One way I managed to connect to a person was my pretending that I had an address change to make. However, the lady seems to know very little about I-129F and just asked me to make an appointment with InfoPass (on the www.uscis.gov home page) to discuss this at a local office.

luvbugs4ever, what number did your husband call? And how did he manage to talk to a person that may know something?

My gut tells me a mistake has been made in fwd'ing our cases to VSC, and I'd like to not believe it :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.