beck26

the I-129F 5 month process period.

9 posts in this topic

Good day everyone!!! me and my fiance submitted our petition last March 5, 2012 and to get straight to the point, its almost August 5 and still no sign of what happened to our petition (we always check on the uscis site and its always on the "initial review" stage)

1. what should we do if August 5 (the 5 month process time) passes by and still no response from the service center? (califonia)

2. is it a good thing or bad thing if the process take up to 5 or more months?

thank you so much, its so nerve-wracking :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our NOA2 arrived about a week before the 5 month mark... Have patients... the CSC will send it to you...

Im no genie in a bottle, but i think it will arrive in your mail very soon. Its not a good or a bad thing to take the 5 months, its the service centers normal turn around time.

Best Wishes

Ed & Loida

Good day everyone!!! me and my fiance submitted our petition last March 5, 2012 and to get straight to the point, its almost August 5 and still no sign of what happened to our petition (we always check on the uscis site and its always on the "initial review" stage)

1. what should we do if August 5 (the 5 month process time) passes by and still no response from the service center? (califonia)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You have to realize that 5 months is just their goal. However CSC has been approving fast. I was done in 3 months 1 week. I filed March 19. Just hang on its coming really.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1. what should we do if August 5 (the 5 month process time) passes by and still no response from the service center? (califonia) Wait some more. :clock:

2. is it a good thing or bad thing if the process take up to 5 or more months? That is the standard time frame as set my USCIS. If you read other recent threads, things seem to be slow at the Service Centers right now, with EAC currently being slower than the WAC, but that seems to change every six months or so.

You are preaching to the choir, many of us have been where you are. Hang in there. There is nothing you can do but wait.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are fortunate it wasn't filed at VSC - they are way past 5 months. I am at over 5 and half months.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You are fortunate it wasn't filed at VSC - they are way past 5 months. I am at over 5 and half months.

At least you're in the zone ... hang in there Kennard, it can't be too far away :thumbs:

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You are preaching to the choir, many of us have been where you are. Hang in there. There is nothing you can do but wait.

Good luck on your visa journey.

:yes:

Can't be too far off... try and find things you've been meaning to get done - now's a good time and will help the days go quicker :thumbs:

All the best..

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.